iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Valley Girl (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Valley Girl
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Friday night sounds good.

Friday night is no good for me....going to an AHL hockey game. I'll watch it sometime over the weekend and we can discuss it on Monday. Sound good?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHL game? Who you going to see? The Albany River Rats? Rochester?

I'm going to try for Friday, but there is always the possibility something will come up.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in. I can watch it Friday or Saturday night or both. ha

Actually, I haven't watched "Valley Girl" for awhile. I've found that you appreciate your favorite movies if you spread out your viewing. Might be on of the reasons I like "April Fool's Day" so much since I only watch it once or twice a year.

We haven't heard from Muffy, Ronnie, Cindy, Jessie, Sam, Aruba4me, JAY LEE, or mamamiasweetpeaches as of yet and I know they all seem to love this movie too.

Oh and let's not forget the only person I know that might actually enjoy "Valley Girl" more than I.......C.T. Of course, I think he watches "Valley Girl" every weekend, so count him in.

Wait a second, with Muffy's hectic social calendar, we'll be lucky if she can work us in a week from next Tuesday. And Cindy Mancini is probably washing her hair or out of the country. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, you have always had a strong attachment to VG. I can't remember if you said that hung out at the galleria or visited the haunts of the movie way back when. I think you said you saw VG in the theatre when it came out right? And don't get me started with your link to Deborah Foreman!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Valley....seems like everyone disappeared from the face of the Earth! If this thread can't bring them back, nothing will.

Rip, I'm going to see the Bridgeport Soundtigers Vs. The Springfield Falcons. Should be a ton of fights!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Sounds like an ace AHL tilt 80'sRocked. Nothing better than seeing hungry players on the farm playingg for that phone call to the big time. Try to see the Hamilton Bulldogs, chock full of up and coming Habs players.

And yep, where has everybody been lately? Is it attributable to X-mas shopping?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what happened to Cindymancini. She just called me the other night. She was hanging out with the New Kids on the Block, and all heck broke loose...she can tell the story...but that's what she has been up to.

I feel bad that C.T. came back briefly then disappeared again.

I'll watch it Friday- I have plans for Saturday and Sunday.

I actually have not watched it in awhile either.

Last time I watched it, I was in my jacuzzi watching all the special features. That has been awhile.

For Christmas-last year, my friend gave me an E.G. Daily signed photo...it is a picture of her getting felt up by Tommy. I also got a picture of her holding the photo she signed for me.

I got Cindymancini a signed picture from her too, plus E.G.'s current CD -signed by her....so it kinds of fits this time of year for me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I'm watching it tomorrow night for sure.

On Jan.14th a cool rocknroll show is happening in my town. It's a supergroup called Magic Christian, it features the Blondie drummer Clem Burke and guitarist of the Plimsouls.....Eddy Munoz. It's going to be great, if I get to talk to him I might mention to him what it was like to be filmed in the club scene of Valley Girl. Can't wait for the show.

Anyone ever meet Josie Cotton? I ordered some of her cd's of late that I haven't got yet. Wish she would do some shows around my area.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Sounds like an ace AHL tilt 80'sRocked.

Probably going to be a good one....now I hear we might get a foot of snow tomorrow, so I'll probably miss it! Looks like Valley Girl might be watched tomorrow night afterall.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We've been shelled with winter-like conditions all week. When's the global warming kicking in seriously? I have to see friends tomorrow night, some I won't see again until after the holidays so VG will have to be watched late at night. You know I will be wearing my Frederic Forrest health foods t-shirt fer shure! [Cool]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it. It is such an AWESOME movie. I always find new things about it that I didn't remember seeing.

You know at the beginning and Lauren is talking about "Totally Gnarly Birth Control"....weren't they talking about being pregnant? If your already pregnant...being pregnant isn't really good birth control..ya know.

I still have never figured out if Skip liked Susie for sure, or if he ended up just getting together with her because her mom wasn't around.

How old do you think Colleen Camp is suppose to be in the movie? I think she wasn't much older than some of the "teens" in real life.

I think it is funny that Colleen Camp is doing yoga in the movie- and they are talking about Kharma and all the Hippie stuff, because Deborah Foreman is totally in to that, she is a real life yoga instructor. I have never found out for sure, but Deborah Foreman had a wesbite that was under the name Deborah Foreman Altier (I think they have taken that name off the end...but where did it ever come from)...I have never read anywhere that she was ever married?

Does anyone know for sure?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, because of events tonight I got home later than expected and I didn't give VG the full viewing treatment. I watched a bit of it, just near to when Julie dumped Randy. Let me tell you I noticed that when they show the dating/courtung process with Julie and Randy, going out, walking each other home, kissing each other goodnight, there is one segment where Julie is wearing a mini skirt and leather jacket and she looks really good in it. I think that is the only time she dressed more according to Randy's world. Loved noticing that.

I don't know much about Deb's personal life or if she is married, but I did find out that not only a certified yoga instructor, she works as a graphic artist and sells hand painted furniture. Saw some recent pics of her and she looks really great. Would love to see her act again, but it's a tough business.

I heard Michelle Meyrink was a yoga enthusiast as well. Still living in Vancouver as far as I know.

Tomorrow I am going to give VG another run through with the special features. I just love looking at that vintage club scene and former hollywood places they pass in the car that aren't there anymore.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't know if she does her graphic design stuff any more, she has a little bit of it on her myspace page. She just announced that she got a job as some kind of beauty consultant for a Doctor, I looked at the website, and it's for liposuction and other plastic surgery procedures. I hope she doesn't start messing around with her face. She is in awesome shape, from doing yoga...she doesn't need any "work" done.

She gives private yoga lessons.

I like the dating scene too, I like all her clothes she has on. I loved the matching mini skirt sets. I love the store they are in at the beginning. I don't understand how those clothes went out of style. They were so cute. There was so much variety.

What I noticed...is that the world today looks more like the people in the Club that Randy hung out in. The thing with that...was they were talking about the music in the club ...I thought the guys in the band looked a little out of place for that club, they seemed like they should be playing at the Prom, and that Josie Cotton seemed like she should have been in the club.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
You know at the beginning and Lauren is talking about "Totally Gnarly Birth Control"....weren't they talking about being pregnant?

If you watch the "easter eggs" in the special edition dvd, they refer to this line. I believe it meant that if you pig out on food, you will get fat and no one will want to have sex with you. It was something like that if I recall. Check it out.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think they are talking about being pregnant, and getting all fat from being pregnant. But, I was never 100% sure. Because I don't think being fat is "totally gnarly birth control"...because implying you need birth control, means you'd be having sex...if your too fat for that...then you don't need to worry about birth control. Right?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Could be ISIS. I only watched it once. I think the being fat part is correct. I thought it was because they were eating so much food. You're probably right....you know this movie better than me.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only have one question....Did Loryn's friend from the beach ever make an appearance at Suzi's party? She seemed kind of fun and in retrospect, maybe if she would have shown she might have appreciated Fred's quirky coolness better than Stacey.

I mean is there a better 'poll' question than:

"Do you think a girl should pet on the first date?"

Tripendicular ya know

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
This might not happen until after I win the lottery, retire, and move to Maui......but I'm eventually going to install a replica of Beth's pool and outdoor gazebo. I've watched "Valley Girl" so many times that a picture of it is embedded in my memory banks for future use. Check it out next time you watch "Valley Girl" and give me your thoughts.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That's a great looking pool and gazebo, the one in Fast Times is none too shabby either. What was the beach location they were sun tanning at near the beginning?
SweetShannon
Rewind Curious
Member # 7630

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SweetShannon   Author's Homepage   Email SweetShannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. if no one have not seen it you need too. i found a copy of this movie at walmart on dvd for like 5.00 and i picked it up. Wish it had extars but it got the movie so thats okay lol!
Posts: 7 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
You just heard Men At Work, we have more dedications that go out tonight...To Billy from Denna, she says you're a fox, Andrea to Doug, she'll do anything to get you back, to Julie his favorite Valley Girl, Randy sends his undying love and says like 'come back soon ya know!'
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I went out recently and saw an 80's cover band and they played an awesome version of the Plimsouls "Oldest Story In the World".

[ 26. December 2008, 19:07: Message edited by: Valley ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love that song!

My totally favorite part is when Randy does all the romantic stuff...I love the ..."cool is this in 3D...No, but your face is." I love the look on Tommy's face when Randy says that to him.

I loved when he says...hey you forgot our fries, and Randy says "well Peter Piper pecked a peck of pickled peppers, I guess I did." and he spits his gum on him. That is so funny, every time.

I love when they are at the mall eating the piece of pie...and Tommy turns around and has that dopey look on his face as if he can't believe what he is seeing.

My other favorite scene is at the Prom, Tommy does all his karate moves and says ...watch this..and Randy kicks him in the ___. That's the coolest, and then Randy and Julie run out through everyone and are the king and queen.

I love the food fight too....if nobody has ever done that...then they haven't lived, because we did that at camp one year and had a huge food fight, and it was the most fun ever.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Valley that is so cool you got to see someone cover the Oldest Story in the world. Just recently wrote down all the lyrics in my notebook. That whole scene is gold. Can't wait to see the guitarist Eddie Munoz on Jan 14th.

I always wondered about the scene where Randy is the movie usher and wearing the 3D shades, Julie seems to hint she knows it's him with that smile.

Also love the fact they used some of the actors like Dye and Meyrink in Martha Coolidge's the Joy of Sex the year after. Not as good as VG, but gives you some fun moments.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
One of my favorite parts is when Randy is yelling at Julie and delivers this line:
"Well f**k you, for sure, like totally."
Didn't he improv this line? It was genius.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home