iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hiding Out music question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hiding Out music question
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if the version of Roy Orbison's "Crying" used in this movie is the duet with KD Lang? I am assuming that it is since this version was produced at around the same time as the movie.

I think that the roller rink scence in this often forgotten movie is classic.

Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

No it isn't, its just the original Roy Orbison version. I love this movie, Jon Cryer at his best. Catch me I'm falling is the big song in that movie. Actually also a song that I don't own.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..but ronnie does [Big Grin]

it's by the group, pretty poison. i have their greatest hits.

and hiding out is a good one. but, i don't own this one. i will someday [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great film. Have to drag that one out again. Keith Coogan and Jon Cryer have a good chemistry together.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Catch Me I'm Falling, does anyone else remember how much air time this song received? It seemed that you could not turn on the radio or watch MTV (when it was worth watching) without this song being played. This is truly a case of a song being more popular than a movie.

Still one of my top five 80s movies though. DO they even make Maseratis anymore?

Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spyke65
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for spyke65   Email spyke65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the CD soundtrack to this movie, and it IS the version (Crying) with kd lang that is in the movie - the same on soundtrack. Even the video for the song, had k.d. and Roy doing the duet together - with clips from the movie thru-out.

Catch Me I'm Falling is on the soundtrack too. [Wink]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cs1992:
As for Catch Me I'm Falling, does anyone else remember how much air time this song received? It seemed that you could not turn on the radio or watch MTV (when it was worth watching) without this song being played. This is truly a case of a song being more popular than a movie.

Still one of my top five 80s movies though. DO they even make Maseratis anymore?

I remember!! I would get ready for school in the morning and everyday this song would come on at about 7:20-7:30am on KZZP in Mesa, AZ. Was that back in the days when the Music Co. would give stations money to play the his more and more?
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my gosh kenkobra..

i remember kzzp..and y95..bruce and maggie.. wow that was so long ago..hehe

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cs1992 asked:
quote:
...DO they even make Maseratis anymore?
Yep! And try this site (click below):
http://www.maserati.com

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this movie for the first time this morning on Comedy Central. It was a fun flick that I will definitely be getting on DVD soon. (I love discovering cool, lesser-known 80s flicks like this!)
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Maine all week and I stumbled across it on Comedy Central too. It was such a relief to get some 80's movie action in the midst of my trip [Wink] . I am buying the DVD today.

"Catch me I'm falling..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IS this movie worth buying? I dont remember ever seeing it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out....aMAZON has used vhs copies of this movie for 1 cent!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home