iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » stand by me music video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stand by me music video
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got stand by me on dvd for my birthday on sunday, and it had the music video on it. i was surprised to see it. it was nice to see will wheaton and river phoenix in the music video though. have any of you seen it too?
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this movie the day it came out on dvd, and I musta watched 10,000 times! I think that the video is completely awesome...especially since it was complete w/ Ben E king! There's a scene in the music video when River is playing the guitar...but nobody realises that he is actually playing it...another talent to add to his long list!

Tootles! [Wink]

P.S. Happy Birthday goonie girl! I turn 16 this Sunday!

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omigosh, that is so cool, i'm exactly a week older than you. do you get your license then soon? i just got mine. yeah, i thought it was really cool that river played the guitar, that was sweet.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! I get my liscence in two weeks...FREEDOM!lol. I'm actually kinda nervous. I had a friend die in a car accident while pulling out of the school parking lot last April. He was wearing his seat belt too. Tragic...my first funeral. [Frown] Yeah, so, I'm just really cautious, if it could have happened to him, it could happen to me. Plus, while I was off-roading a couple weeks ago, my friend's car flipped 3 times into a ditch! He's ok...thank goodness, but he bit his tongue in half and had to get 11 stitches on his face! so, u see why I'm a lil hesitant, but nevertheless excited. Wow, I'm sowy didn't mean to depress everyone, but this topic has been on my mind alot lately.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's so great that they included the Stand by Me video. I was wondering, did River have any music he recorded that was ever released to the public?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Man I'm old. I got my lisence a long time ago. IN NYC you can't drive till you turn 17. That Permit crap doesn't work here.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy lincoln logs, i didn't know there was a video for the song, stand by me. [Confused]

aye i am finding that i hardly know anything about my favorite decade [Roll Eyes]

anyway, happy b-day goonie_girl [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Riptide,
River had a band called Aleka's Attic, he was in the process of making his first albumn when he died. The Studio decided not to release any of it, and sued the Phoenix family for damages...this infuriates me! Although, he had written some songs for various PETA cd's when he was alive. If you go to The River Phoenix Pages it has a lot of great, rare, stuff for sale, and info on how to get it through other sources! I recommend it. I actually have two posters and a biography on the way, just in time for my b-day. Oh, and you can here him sing in the movie The Thing Called Love. He wrote this song for the movie. Wow, I need a life. lol.

Tootles! [Wink]

Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to change the subject but, RiverPhoenix4life...I have a similar story to yours. I got my license 3 days after a fellow classmate of mine was killed when she pulled infront of a train at a railroad crossing. She was killed along with two other guys from our school. Very hard and sad day. It was extremely hard for me to go and get my license but my dad encouraged me to. He said it will actually help me. I think it did in a small way.

But my point is I think when something tragic like that happens it's a reminder for all of us to step back, take a look at our lives and say...whoa! Slow down, enjoy life and be a little more attentive and careful when we drive. It's been 12 yrs since the accident and I still think about her quite often, especially crossing the tracks or when I hear of others trying to "beat the train". I guess this could also be linked to River in the fact that we need to remember to enjoy life, let those we love know it and take care of yourselves.

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
holy lincoln logs, i didn't know there was a video for the song, stand by me.
Yeah! The song made no. 1. in the U.K. and I remember the video being used to promote it on TOTP
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Thanx Janette! Sorry bout your friend.

Banshee, ur absolutley right. The song hit number one on the Billboard here aswell. Great song...classic movie!

Tootles! [Wink]

goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
k, not to bring up a sad topic, i started this post by the way, well, i'm gonna add on to what you guys said about the car accidents. tonight was homecoming at my school, and five boys in my grade, one that i'm really close with, got in a car accident. they're all gonna be fine, thank god, but please, please, don't be dumb when you drive. they were going around a curve at about 70, or so i've heard, remember, this just happened like a couple hours ago. but please, be careful. god bless you all.
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
I'm soo sorry goonie_girl. Thank gosh everyone is ok. Be safe. Oh, I was wonderin where u lived and what grade u were in. I'm guessing ur a junior like me, cuz our birthdays are sooo close. Again, I'm so sorry!

Tootles! [Wink]

goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
i live in minnesota, but i'm a sophmore, but i am one of the oldest sophmores. thanks a lot too. i'm really glad that they're all ok too.
Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember having this music video taped and watching it over and over and over. I thought River Phoenix was just absolutely gorgeous.

It was something that got recorded over a long time ago and I thought I would never see it again. But alas, TPTB came through and plopped it on the SE of SBM. God bless 'em!

That whole special edition is amazing. I love the documentary and the commentary.

Now if only Gus Van Sant would do "My Own Private Idaho".

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
The commentary and featurette are great! That would be awesome if they did the same for My Own Private Idaho. My favorite scene in MOPI is the campfire scene, later I found out that River wrote this scene. What an incredible talent!

tootles! [Wink]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching that video when it came out on MTV! My sister loved Will Wheaton and I loved River. It was great seeing it in the DVD.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home