iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Site changes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Site changes
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the changes that have been going on at this site recently? Like:

* The name change (80s Movies Rewind)
* The design change at the top of the site/front page etc
* These updated messageboards
* Any other suggestions please? All feedback greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks again to all of you for helping to make this a great place to visit.

-Nick
(Webmaster)

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent to see you're still alive (and updating the trivia etc.) seeing as you're member 404 (HTTP code for page not found... [Wink] )

Glad to see the Movies Smartmenu has grown in size, was difficult to navigate through the ever growing list of films with just a little window.
And the text/background colours for the messageboard are better, text is easier to read now.

This is a rare thing for me, a site I use/visit changes and I have no objections to any of it. So many times I've seen websites change for the worse, not this one I'm happy to say [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One addition/change I'd like to see is to the '------- on DVD?' section, there are quite a few 80s films not available on DVD from US/UK but are available from Germany/Australia (with full english audio)

ie, The NeverEnding Story & Over The Top have not been released in the UK but are available from Germany and they have the original english audio, and the UK got screwed with The Last Unicorn by getting a fullscreen stereo release whilst Germany got anamorphic widescreen with 5.1 audio (both original English and dubbed German)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick, not one complaint here.

1. I prefer 80s Movie *Rewind*. "Gateway" was creative but didn't invoke that sense of going back in time like "rewind".

2. Site designs are perfect.

3. Boards are great, I'm into that kinda stuff with the facts and figures (how many members, how many posts, etc.).

And all the smilies and I think we can insert images now(????).

Nice work.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the new site. Great changes and new tools make it a user friendly site(not that it wasn't already). It has my approval:)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akita
Master Rewinder
Member # 1257

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Akita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a 'newbie' I must say this is the best site ever!!!The set up is fabulous. I've recently tried to access a certain fan-based web site and I can't even work out how to put a message on...too complicated. This is just right...I wouldn't mind if the 'smart menu' text was a darker colour though. Everyone is so friendly too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 109 | From: Thuringowa,Queensland,Australia | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the changes have made the site better. I like the options that have been added such as emoticons and images. [Smile]
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit at first I was a tad disappointed with the changes. (I'm not much with change) [Wink] But I knew I would get used to them. I really like the site now. The longer SmartMenu is nice and the messageboards are a little more fun with the added attractions. Looks good! [Smile]
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home