iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New Look (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Look
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Nick, while you're tinkering around is there any chance you could try and fix my pm? [Smile]

I'll have a look today for you & Crash. Can't promise to recover those messages, but I'll try [Smile]

Update: In the words of Scotty from Star Trek.. "I done what ah could Cap'n"... That file was corrupted and the advice from the makers of the board software was to delete it. There was no recovery option that was possible, according to them.. Sorry. [Frown]

Anyone else whose having problems, let us know [Smile]

[ 17. March 2016, 01:32: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, that's ok. Thanks for looking into it [Smile] Still has that unread messages flashing away tho. Could somebody pm me to see if I can receive them again please? [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD. IT IS BACK AND THE OLD MESSAGES HAVE SURVIVED!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Thank you!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
OH MY GOD. IT IS BACK AND THE OLD MESSAGES HAVE SURVIVED!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Thank you!!! [Big Grin]

Wicked.. Youre welcome [Smile]

Okay, so deleting the file doesn't delete the PMs (the software ppl were not clear on this, so I had naturally assumed it did) ... It just fixes the prob [Smile]

Anyone else whose having the same prob, just let me know the exact error MSG and I'll do the same [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash had the same issue, from what they say...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, Nick. Good job!
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again Nick...can't be said enough...thanks for all your hard work. Kinda like having a baby (your baby)...and people not likely the way you dress them! End of the day...it's your baby...dress them the way you want! [Big Grin] And...thanks for trying to accommodate regardless.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Crash had the same issue, from what they say...

I need their error message which contains the affected corrupted file I think, although I know what to look for in the directory listing - a zero length file.

Crash, just let me know if you're still having problems. Same for anyone else [Smile]

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Again Nick...can't be said enough...thanks for all your hard work. Kinda like having a baby (your baby)...and people not likely the way you dress them! End of the day...it's your baby...dress them the way you want! [Big Grin] And...thanks for trying to accommodate regardless.

Thank you Kevin, I appreciate it. [Smile] Of course I ultimately decide, but I genuinely do want everyone (if poss) to be happy.

I don't spend enough time on the boards, and I'm sure it looks to all the world like nothing is happening behind the scenes but nothing could be further from the truth and this was a relatively easy way to "refresh" things and show ppl that things are indeed happening behind the scenes.

The whole Rewind will be getting an entirely new look and feel that works much better on mobile devices, but before that can happen, all the peripheral stuff must change first and that involves major rewrites of thousands of lines of code.

For those who are interested, here's where we are:

* iRewind (contact/site update agent) is ported and live. Only a bit more tidying/beautifying and that can wait. People can try it out by submitting site updates and see what they think...

* PFR (my weird retro buying guide! [Wink] ) is in progress but I know where I'm going.

* Site Title Browser is nearly done

* Site People Profiler (actor/director/composer etc) is pretty much done in a quick n dirty kinda way.

* These boards have been refreshed. I drew all the icons myself. They're not from some "forum icons" download site [Wink] If anyone else wants to have a bash at suggesting new/improved 80s board icons or colours then I'm all ears... [Smile]

* New site design is not even started. This is the one that I always run away from. I hate the graphic design jobs as its soo hard to get things "just right". You'd imagine that designing things that look 80s is just about splashing around bright colours & neon accents.. I wish it was that easy.. If you do that, you just seem to end up with something that looks like "my first website" [Wink] As above, if anyone is a great graphic designer or web designer and would like to help, you'd be very welcome and I'd be very grateful [Smile]

Anyways, I will keep you all informed and give you sneak peeks from time to time if you'd like [Smile]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the new look. The first time I logged in, a few days a go, with the new look, the colored tabs didn't show up for me. This time they popped up. I like the pink and green/teal- very 80's! Thanks for the hard work, and very nice job Nick!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Really like the new look. Great job Nick!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Peeps, I appreciate it [Smile]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about some graemlins with long hair or big hair
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

only after midnight....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

I did wonder about the Graemlins... Should we hold a competition to design proper 80s ones? [Wink]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just trying to be funny when I brought up the graemlins you guys. You do enough already as it is.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home