iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » New Look (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Look
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I'm messing around with styles a bit, as you will have noticed... [Wink]

What does everyone think of this one?

Any suggestions/comments welcome [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! Very easy on the eyes! I like the new logo deals next to the topics. Super sharp. My only suggestion is that it still might need a little more brightness/color to represent the 80's. Neon somewhere! That said, this is really easy to look at.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick, two questions for you.

How has the next phase of Rewind coming? I believe you were looking into a movie location social media type deal.

Are you still adding new movie reviews?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated by all!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Looking good!

Feeling good Louis! -trading places
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Nick, two questions for you.

How has the next phase of Rewind coming? I believe you were looking into a movie location social media type deal.

Are you still adding new movie reviews?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated by all!

Hey Gord, I am still working on the locations thing, but priority at the moment is changing the main site to be mobile friendly as Google are penalising those who aren't [Frown]

There's a lot of work in this part as it means the whole site and all the utilities have to be re-designed. There's actually a lot going on behind the scenes and I'm working on it virtually every day, but it takes sooo much time... sigh..

No new movies are being added at the moment, but trivia etc updates are all being done within 24hrs of ppl submitting them, so keep 'em coming ppl [Smile]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
My only suggestion is that it still might need a little more brightness/color to represent the 80's. Neon somewhere! That said, this is really easy to look at.

I did have the "new posts"  - icon more neon to start with, but it started to be not so easy on the eyes, so I pulled it back a bit.. I do agree though.. needs a bit of neon still...

...Any suggestions gratefully received [Smile]

[ 15. March 2016, 11:25: Message edited by: Nick ]

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not digging it, I can't tell what threads have new posts in them.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good to me Nick. Appreciate all your hard work with this. ...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really nice but do prefer the old look. But I'm really bad with change so just ignore me [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lemonjello:
Not digging it, I can't tell what threads have new posts in them.

Do you mean that you're "too used" to the old colours or there is another reason?

For example, these colours might look the same to a colour-blind person, so I don't want to alienate anyone!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. Now I'm lost Nick. New posts are teal and old are grey?
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

Threads with new posts since your last visit -or- entirely new threads are teal.

Old posts, not updated since your last visit are grey [Smile]

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im nuance colorblind, but I can tell teal from grey, and I get it now. Still prefer the old look though... sorry.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lemonjello:
Im nuance colorblind, but I can tell teal from grey, and I get it now. Still prefer the old look though... sorry.

I have modified the icons a bit to make allowances for those who might be colorblind. It was a subtle change and you may not have noticed.

quote:
Still prefer the old look though... sorry.
No probs [Smile] I haven't finished with meddling yet, so see how you feel when its done [Smile]
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
for those who would like to see the old design for comparison purposes in your evaluation, go here for example... [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking cool! I like the new icons,I'm also classed as being color blind but I also can tell the difference between the 2 colors.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick, while you're tinkering around is there any chance you could try and fix my pm? [Smile] This error message appeared where the pm's should be years ago and has just stuck like that ever since.

quote:
Error
An error has occurred:

(RequireVars) CGIPath/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: CGIPath/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.cgi did not return a true value at CGIPath/XXXXXXXXXXXX.cgi line XXX.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

[ 20. March 2016, 01:47: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My PM does the same thing. It must be because of Helen's bad influence. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cheek!
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, I've disabled and re-enabled your PM access - can you try again?

As well as that, I'm assuming the page you're on is where you click on the My Profile link at the top of the page? If so, it may be that you have an old page version stored on your computer. If you try forcing a new page load (hold down Control key and hit F5) that might help, otherwise you should clear your internet cache (I'd need to know what browser you are using to advise on how to do that).

If these don't help, maybe we can do some more digging.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
It's taken away the error message but the pm's are still not there. I tried refreshing and clearing the cache but no go. Thanks for trying! It's so annoying cos I have 7 unread messages flashing at the top constantly, aghh!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Similar comment as above Nick...I think it's just "Different" and many seem to struggle with that! A little time and most will adjust....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

Threads with new posts since your last visit -or- entirely new threads are teal.

Old posts, not updated since your last visit are grey [Smile]

Im on the home computer now and I see what you mean. It wasnt showing up like that on my stupit phone.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Similar comment as above Nick...I think it's just "Different" and many seem to struggle with that! A little time and most will adjust....

I hope so [Smile] This colour scheme grew on me as I was doing it.. At first I was not sure, but after a while it was sitting quite well with me and I hope thats the same for everyone...

Tbh, I only have quite limited control over the look of this board. The style settings are quite primitive. I can only select about 5 colours for everything, including the text.

I wanted to refresh it and make it easier on the eyes and have a go at redesigning the built-in icons... [Smile]

Why teal? Well, the main colours had to be some form of pink, with grey and burgundy and that left really either sky blue or teal for the "new posts" icon... I tried blue and it looked great.. In a modern kinda way.. Whereas teal looked like the sort of bizarre 80s colour choice that could have happened at the time.. You certainly won't see any "modern" sites using it... [Wink]

[ 17. March 2016, 01:00: Message edited by: Nick ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home