iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Overrated (clap, clap... clap, clap, clap) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Overrated (clap, clap... clap, clap, clap)
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone said ROTLA was overrated.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

My Wife and I went looking through the Oscar Movies that everyone should see. So many of those are overrated.

Blade Runner =zzzzzzzzz.
TRON - Watch it again, if you dare.
DUNE! - Don't even get me started.

That being said, Better Off Dead is amazing. I show it to my students every year. Never disappointing.

I'll think of more,
We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution back,

Yeah, Private School isn't what I wanted it to be.

It was a little to Bosom Buddies with naked girls.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from the obvious Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell oriented merits, Private School is abominable.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:

Blade Runner =zzzzzzzzz.
TRON - Watch it again, if you dare.
DUNE! - Don't even get me started.

Maybe you just don't like science-fiction ? [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always enjoyed - private school,but saying that I think I like about every t&a comedy going -screwballs,joysticks,porkys,party animal - I love 'em all!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It hit me today. The GOLDEN CHILD. Eddie Murphys stuff was a must see back then but I was disappointed in this one. Maybe it was the tremendous excitement of a new Murphy movie and it just didn't have a chance to match his previous stuff. I don't know.

DEVO. Sorry if I am wrong but I was thinking I read a post on another thread that you liked this movie. If so, feel free to unleash the wrath on me.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Terd,

You are correct. The Golden Child is amazing. If only just for the I want the knife part. Murphy is really funny and it's not appreciated the way it should be. Also, Body Talk is a great song in the movie.

WE are DEVO

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I meant the Flamingo kid. Found it lacking. Never seen Bladerunner or Temple of Doom overrated, what's next Scarface? Overrated for me is Flashdance and Footloose.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Correct Riptide.
Scarface though, might not be overrated as a movie, but overhyped by the population. When I saw it I expected more, I also felt the same way about The Hangover.

We are DEVO

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Sorry, I meant the Flamingo kid. Found it lacking. Never seen Bladerunner or Temple of Doom overrated, what's next Scarface? Overrated for me is Flashdance and Footloose.

Oh no you didn't....just...say.....FLASHDANCE!!!! I'm guessing I've seen this movie 30 times....love it every time!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humble apologies!! Finally got to see Raiders Of The Lost Ark last night....I really enjoyed it. Experienced this recently with Say Anything, in which I would swear I've seen the movie, but didn't remember anything about it. Raiders was kind of the same...I maybe am just recalling the vivid images I remember as a kid (the giant boulder scene, the snake pit), but I must have only seen bits and pieces, as it was like watching it for the first time. A bit over my head at age 8 I guess, but really enjoyable at age 42! Aiming to watch Temple Of Doom tonight...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Better Off Dead was mentioned earlier, so figured I'd give it another try....watched it tonight, and....ouch!...that was painful! *Sorry DEVO [Wink]

I will say...neat that it has so many familiar faces....Elizabeth Daily from Valley Girl, Booger from Revenge Of The Nerds, Dan Schiender from Head of the Class, dude from Sixteen Candles that Sam's sister is marrying (name?)

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevdugp73 yes!!!! Temple is my favorite of the 3! Have you seen that one lately or will it be like watching it for the first time again?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Kevdugp73 yes!!!! Temple is my favorite of the 3! Have you seen that one lately or will it be like watching it for the first time again?

Hey Gord. Actually able to watch Temple last night. I remember watching this as a kid in the theatre (specifically remember liking Short Round and the rail car scene), but again, remembered very little. These seem to be movies I'd seen as a kid and never re-visited them, so kinda like a first watch. I take back my original comment re: liking Temple better....I think I like Raiders (after all my trash talk). Still liked Temple, but my one complaint is the editing...one too many scenes where it dragged on necessarily...ie lowering Willie in to the fire pit...stops...roll her back up...ooops she falls again...roll her back up, etc. And they did the same with the rope bridge...opps...falling....climb back up...opps falling again...kinda annoyed me, but overall enjoyable. I know for a fact that I've actually never seen The Lst Crusade, but gonna keep going! And I know the reviews aren't good for Crystal Skull, but may have to see that too....
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I love that you flipped on your rankings! Next thing we know, ROTLA will be in your top 5 80's movies ever! Well keep the reviews coming on Indiana. I haven't seen Last Crusade for a long time, but as a kid I loved them all. I've only see Crystal Skull once, but open to trying it again and hoping to keep an open mind on it. I had a hard time, first time through.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Last Crusade was the second best of the series
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home