iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Overrated (clap, clap... clap, clap, clap) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Overrated (clap, clap... clap, clap, clap)
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You ever watch a movie you've waited a long time to see and it's just overrated. Growing up, so many movie were just eh. HUNK. Welcome to 18. Losin' it. THE ALLNIGHTER!!!

Those are but a few in my life that I'd like to exchange for better movies.

Anyone else?

We are DEVO.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Three Amigos.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink Flamingo (1984). Would love to see some trend where they remake bad 80's movies and improve them.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, my half baked dream is to take a personal favorite movie of mine like Tuff Turf and make a sequel such as Tuff Turf 2. Write a stellar script and beg Downey and Spader to be involved. Turn it into an awesome action flick with some faint traces of the first one. Try to rehabilitate Kim Richards enough so she could be involved. Anyways, probably a pipe dream, but if you could pull it off, could start a trend.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink Flamingo or The Flamingo Kid? What´s the reason you didn´t like it?
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen - pink flamingo but I think - the flamingo kid seriously rocks,a great film!

Love the idea for a - tuff turf sequel riptide,the original is a personal fave of mine also.

It's not 80s but 1990s -

-

Gremlins 2 gets my nomination,such a disappointing experience,scores 6.3 over on imdb what's not excessively high but there were enough critics back in the day claiming this to be vastly superior to the original of which in my opinion it is certainly not!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghostbusters. Everyone raves about it, I could barely get through the entire flick.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Ghostbusters. Everyone raves about it, I could barely get through the entire flick.

You are now banned from the site!!!! [Wink]

Just messing around with you. I knew this topic could get heated.

I'll go with.... Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Never did it for me and always gets so much love.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:

You are now banned from the site!!!! [Wink]

Just messing around with you. I knew this topic could get heated.

I'll go with.... Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Never did it for me and always gets so much love.

That's it [Mad] your both banned! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blade Runner for me...though it may be an age thing. I was fairly young when this movie came out, so a little over my head. Think I might give it a re-watch soon to see what I think at age 42!! Any thoughts on this one? The images and nostalgia were enough to make me buy the Blu-ray!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol you guys crack me up! Kevdug, I have never seen Blade Runner. It never appealed to me when I was young also.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blade Runner sucks. Don't bother watching it. Absolutely awful [Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bernie....I spent $5 whole dollars on the Blu-ray, so may have to suffer through it!

I'll say this one, and then ban myself for a full day to save anyone the trouble! Ready....cover your eyes and peak through the cracks in your fingers.....RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!! [Eek!] It's been quite a while since seeing this as well, so willing to give it another try...recently bought the trilogy on Blu-ray. Remember loving Temple of Doom as a kid...is this better than Raiders?

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have Blade Runner on VHS but I don't see the big fuss over the movie.

I definitely prefer Temple of Doom but I think all the Indian Jones movies are pretty good except for the new one.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blade Runner, Raiders, Ghostbusters...  -

Overrated? Hmm...

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'll have to re-visit better off dead J2ME...can't remember much about it. We also just commented on Say Anything in another post...just so so for me....
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Better Off Dead = Overrated [Smile]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a couple members that will hang me for this one..

But VALLEY GIRL..

Sorry, I just never could get into it even if it does have my beloved E.G. Daily in it. I wouldn't mind seeing this one get a re-do for modern times if it's at all possible just to see if they could make it a bit better.

[ 24. January 2016, 14:18: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTLArk!? Are you kidding me!? Youre kidding, right? You cannot be serious. OK, I get it, the jokes on us. You had me going for a second.

Raiders OTL Ark and Better Off Dead = 2 of my favorites of all time. Saw BOD recently and it was FANTASTIC. I love ya Bernie. Completely agree on BLADE RUNNER though. It was so boring.

Also caught Say Anything the other day and hadn't seen it since it came out at theatres. Was glad I rewatched it. I think it was the pure 80s feel that I liked.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
OK...that's it....I'm watching Raiders tomorrow!! My wife is away on a well deserved break...girls' night with 9 of her friends...she left me alone with these strange little creatures...our children! I'm a good Dad so entertained them all day/night...sooooo....when she's back tomorrow, I'm deserting them all to watch a movie or two....Raiders it is!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - Make it a double-feature night: ROTLA & Blade Runner.  -

Enjoy!

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Surely not - valley girl,better off dead and raiders of lost ark,nope definitely all classics in my opinion and even Jean Claude van damme agrees with me on all three,when I told him of your choices this was his reaction - https://youtu.be/IqNsGLMPcEY .

[ 24. January 2016, 15:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Since someone mentioned Valley Girl, which I have never had the desire to see, I'm going to give an "overrated" to Private School. It was so bad, and not bad in a good way. I couldn't make it past the half way mark.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Aimed to watch Raiders tonight so I could re-confirm how crappy it is [Wink] , however, my wife was watching with me and I knew not to even bother asking to watch this one....sometime this week I'm sure. Private School doesn't cut for me either Pitts....
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread. I can't wait to hear how ROTLA goes Kev!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home