iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Catch Me if You Can (1989)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Catch Me if You Can (1989)
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever seen this? It was filmed in Minnesota, written and directed by Stephen Sommers, who would go on to write and direct the Mummy and Scorpion King films. Filmed in his hometown in Minnesota, he had written the script while in high school. I've never seen it and I hear it is impossible to find on DVD.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Never seen it Pittsburghgirl but I see it's got matt lattanzi from - my tutor in it,looks pretty entertaining from the poster art alone.

Definitely a rarity as I can't see no DVD release anywhere and I can't actually find a vhs of it either!

Here's the YouTube link to the full movie -
https://youtu.be/sq9ndymLNi8

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was released on vhs in Sweden so i can´t understand why they didn´t release it here.

Tangerine Dream score? Geoffrey Lewis and M. Emmet Walsh? I need this one!!

Very pretty Loryn Locklin also stars. She has long hair, i remember her from Taking Care of Business (1990) with a short hair.

-

[ 08. December 2015, 02:45: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this on VHS (recorded from TV) [Smile]

A couple of years ago it aired on the MGM Movie Channel regularly.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was smoking hot in TCOB. Love that movie.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to watch it on YouTube last night. Just the first 15 minutes, then it got pretty late. Will finish it later this week. I remember Matt Latanzi was married to Olivia Newton John. I looked him up on IMDb, He hasn't had much of a career since the early 90's. Btw, my friend was an extra in Catch Me if You Can, which is how I learned of this movie when he mentioned it.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to have this on VHS. It was hard to get at one time. I think It still is. I liked it ok, mainly cause I like Hot Rods. The late Geoffrey Lewis is in it also.

According to Box Office Mojo, this film only grossed $3686.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home