iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Should I watch this? thread (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Should I watch this? thread
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irreconcilable Differences and Bright Lights, Big City? Hmmm, i´d say that both are only so-so films so don´t pay too much.

ID: Mainly a drama with fairly good performance from the cast.
BL,BC: Phoebe has a two minute role which was a major disappointment.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers atomik,I'll add both of these to my rental list before diving in head first and purchasing I think!

Atomik have you ever watched Mother Lode from 1982 with Charlton Heston and Kim Basinger?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven´t seen Mother Lode, warrior.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen mother lode in the last 10 years but remember nothing about it. A lot of help I am aye? It was rare at one time so not sure if its on DVD or not.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Needing a bit of input on this one:

Started watching Repo Man a couple of nights back. Gotta admit...I was crazy tired from a long day at work and bedtime routine with my boys (my wife was working)...so I really think this was a big factor. Did not grab my attention, but wondering...do I go back and revisit this one...

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I remember quite enjoying Repo Man kevdug but do also remember it being pretty far out there and one I'd imagine that would split a lot of opinions down the middle!

I reckon you should give it another go when you're not so tired,if you don't get into this time it's not like you haven't tried!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Love Repo Man but agree that it´s not for everyone.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I saw this Christopher Reeve drama Street Smart (1987) when it first came out and now remember next to nothing from it,anyone got any opinions on whether it's worth picking up or not?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Also

-

What about the 1987 family comedy Batteries Not Included which has just had a blu ray release,always imagined this one as maybe being a bit sickly sweet but also probably a lot of fun!

Any good?

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sickly sweet indeed haha. I adore it tho because it was the first film I saw in the pictures [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batteries not included is a must see!!!! I haven't seen it for a long time but remember it being such a heart warming movie. I have to see it again myself!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Street Smart is a nice little thriller with a cool cast.
Batteries Not Included is just what you think it is. Super safe sunday sundae [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers everyone I'll look at checking out both Street Smart and Batteries Not Included ASAP.

-

I see this 1985 sci-fi adventure starring Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr is coming to blu ray from eureka classics here in the UK in a few months time.

Not sure why I've never got round to watching this one as I like both stars and the plot sounds like fun!

Worth a look?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enemy mine was stupid [Smile]
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Enemy Mine is not that bad. As i recall, it´s basically a sci-fi drama with a strong message and some action thrown in.
I hope that the Eureka release is packed with nice extra material.

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't Dennis Quaid help deliver Lou Gossett's alien baby in a weird man birth finale?
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers for your takes on Enemy mine everyone,I will give it a go sometime soon!

What about these two -

-

I saw this when first released here in the UK back in the mid 80s but have never seen it since,I know it's basically a cheap Gremlins type rip off from the great Empire Pictures but is it any fun?

Always loved the cover art!

And

-

The 1989 Michael Dudikoff action adventure River Of Death which is another one I watched back upon its original release but can now remember very little from!

Any good?

[ 14. April 2016, 08:40: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The original Ghoulies and the first sequel are so-so films. Check out the third one if you want so see the best and funniest part of the series.

River of Death is mostly dull.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers atomik I thought I could remember River Of Death being one of Dudikoff's lesser movies,it comes out on Blu from 88 Films later in the year so I might still check it out!

I've got both Ghoulies Films added to my rental list and I'll add Ghoulies Go To College as well!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Anybody seen this 1992 Italian shocker Body Puzzle by Demons director Lamberto Bava and starring the lovely Joanna Pacula,it's just been announced for a UK Blu Ray release from 88 Films.

Before today I don't think I've ever heard of this one or if I had it went straight over my head,anyone seen it and if so is it any good?

https://youtu.be/21VVJdCH_FM - Body Puzzle trailer (1992).

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which one of these 80's movies should I watch tonight? They are on YouTube. My hubby has gone fishing and I know he will be tired when he comes home and end up falling asleep on the couch, so this evening will be all mine.
Making the Grade
Crazy Moon
Watchers
Oddballs
Volunteers
There are a lot of movies on that channel on YouTube, but a lot aren't available in the U.S.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haven´t seen Crazy Moon but i own and have seen the others.

Making the Grade is a classic comedy and the best of the bunch.¨
Watchers is a pretty decent thriller and i would recommend Volunteers if you like to see Hanks and Candy fooling around in a jungle (not THAT way but you know what i mean [Smile] ).
Oddballs is a low-budget crazy comedy with a very young cast but somehow i enjoyed it.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Have you ever seen any of the ones you've mentioned Pittsburghgirl?

I own everyone there apart from Oddballs which i have never seen,from the others I find them all to be a lot of fun!

Pitts I closed my eyes and pointed my finger and it landed on Watchers so I reckon to go with that.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik, I was thinking the same thing. Making the Grade seems like classic 80's, which is what I wanted to see! Thanks! I will eventually get around to the others.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Atomik you should check out Crazy Moon if you get the chance,really good little movie,probably the quirkiest character Kiefer Sutherland's ever played,for instance he keeps taking photo's of dogs poop! [Big Grin]

Such a sweet natured movie with a pretty solid soundtrack,one track I liked was - In Your Eyes by Rational Youth - https://youtu.be/jS4xKiS8Oa0

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home