iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » HBO Really Eats It....You Know? C'Mon..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HBO Really Eats It....You Know? C'Mon..
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HBO is the only premium package I ordered, and I only get to see whats on every once in a while aside from when I leave CNBC on all morning (which is my fault). But HBO shows the stuidest line of movies that NOBODY gives a you know what about..over, and over, and over, and over....You'll never get to see Lethal Weapon, no what we get is the rest of the series which were 3 really horrible movies..the first one never gets on. They show it on some network channel..BIG deal, there are so many unstable people with gripes about everything the network can't even show the scene with Mel Gibson putting the gun in his mouth...some idiot may realize "thats what I need to do!". Aside from HBO terrible original programming like Six Feet Under, OZ which is the most inaccurate account of prison life even a free man can see, Sex and the City..(OK I wont trash that show, a lot of people like it.) But you'd never see movies that raked in all of the big bucks at theatres that you know, you'd love to see again uncut or tape it if your goddamn dog steals your other one..like The Karate Kid, The Breakfast Club, True Lies, The Client, High Fidelity, 48 HRS., That Was Then, This Is Now (you know with Estevez)...I looked at the tv guide a few days ago, what do we get we get B-Grade retarded crime dramas with Patrick Bergen that are so bad they went straight to rentals, Real Sex where people play with rubber genetalia and perform Broadway shows naked, and of course some of the worst ideas for docudramas I've ever heard of even in college; who in the hell wants to see a program about 12 inbred children living in trailer parks or a kid who shot his mother to death and then gets an HBO interview?!?...Anybody else have this horrible channel out on the West Coast as opposed to here??...Im cancelling HBO at the end of the month and going for something else, you know they're right it's NOT tv, it's a group of college drop-outs and 'starving artists' that got to run their own satelite movie network.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not necessarily...

The 80s movies all went to HBO's digital networks.

Those of you who have digital cable know the endless possibilities to be found on these channels...

HBO has a whole slew of networks, including ones devoted to family programming, comedy and the Hispanic community.

You want the 80s movies you love so much? Go digital, you won't regret it.

As for stuff like "The Breakfast Club", don't expect to see that on HBO anymore. The rights to most of the Universal library are now with Starz/Encore, after a few years at Showtime.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, Mr. Opinion, the shows on HBO do not suck. Six feet under is one of the most unique shows on tv, and the Sopranos is such a hit, that every network tries to clone it now (see kingpin). I have never watched Oz, but have friends who love it. And the comedy shows (Arli$$, Sex, Larry Sanders, even the new Larry David show) are great. My only slight agreeance would be their choice of films, where they tend to lean to the political docudrama, or the Lifetime-style film. They did, however do the baseball movie Long Gone many years ago, which was great.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Opinion?..Ooh put those claws away, since when does your opinion rule over anyone else's?..As far as HBO original movies 'Doomsday Gun', 'Witness Protection' and 'Against the Wall' are some of my favorite movies...Why does Six Feet Under suck?..because I said so. I dont care what you think of my opinion.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree sometimes HBO has some pretty grody programming (and unfortunately, I get suckered into it every time. I would actually watch a film about a family of 12 inbreds living in a trailer. Embarrassing, but true.) But they do show some really good 80's movie on their digital channels. I find that the Starz/Encore digital programs offer a lot more 80's films.
Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discontinued my satellite programming a few months ago....70 bux a month for the same films repeated a million times. I'm not into original programming (which Showtime seems to only be these days) and new movies I hate. There is a good amount of 80s flicks on satellite, but again, I think they're repeated too much.

As far as stuff like Lethal Weapon and other classics, unfort. the rights are tied up for off-air or basic cable channels and all we have is VHS or the DVD.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home