iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Lost 80's Horror Thread (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Lost 80's Horror Thread
Rob@80s
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13270

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rob@80s   Email Rob@80s   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheerleader Camp, with Betsy Russell... that does look good. Going back to the first post, with the random hotdog cooking scene, isn't that from The Exterminator? Another ultra violent early 80s shocker.

If you want a really creepy and unsettling film from back then, that's fairly off the radar now, check this out:

-

quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
 -

"I Saw What You Did' was actually a 1988 tv movie that was a remake of the Joan Crawford film from the 60's with the same title.

-

The 1988 version starred Shawnee Smith and Tammy Lauren as two teens, Lisa and Kim, who for kicks begin making prank calls seductively saying "I saw what you did!". But when they randomly call a guy chosen out of the phonebook named Adrian Lancer, the prank goes very bad. You see Adrian has just killed someone and now he thinks they actually saw him do it.

It's all fun and games Lisa and Kim.. until you mistakenly stalk a deranged killer!

-

This was a very good rather unknown thriller.

Why you should watch it..

Great to see Robert Carradine in a different type of role and kinda cool that David Carradine played his brother in the movie.

The director was Fred Walton who also directed the films "When A Stranger Calls" and "April Fool's Day".

The little sister that starts the idea of prank calls is Candance Cameron who you might remember as Cindy Nelson from "Some Kind of Wonderful".

This movie actually won an Emmy for Cinematography.

Hey.. this is the lost horror thread .. you expected better reasons? [Big Grin]

Excellent post!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching I Saw What You Did...pretty decent movie!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://youtu.be/B-39xlYox1I - the unholy trailer.

i watched this 1988 horror - the unholy when it first came out but can remember very little from it,though i do remember laughing at some demon creature that pops up at the end.

anyone else seen it,was it any good?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on a UK dvd from Columbia Pictures.

It's been a while since i've seen it, but i remember i quite liked it.
It tried to move away from the teen-horror so popular in the 80's and do something more serious.

Watching it today it's kinda hampered by its 80's look and fashion, but it's not bad.. not at all.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home