iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Horror TV Shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horror TV Shows
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of my favorite shows:

Tales from the Crypt
Tales from the Darkside
The Twilight Zone(80's)
Night Gallery
Alfred Hitchco-ck presents (80's)

i was discussing these the other day, and naming a few of my favorite episodes from each

crypt: the man who was death
darkside: yattering and jack
twilight: night of the meek
Gallery: camera obscura
hitch: season hubley in prison

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Tales From the Crypt and I also like Tales From the Darkside. My favorite Tales From the Crypt eps would probably be Death of Some Salesman and the Ventriloquist's Dummy.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkroom (1981)

Episode 3: "The Bogeyman Will Get You"

A horror movie loving teenager convinces her sister that an old acquaintance is really a vampire.

Pt1

Pt2

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two favorite horror (or horror like) TV series from the '80's were:

1980's "Twilight Zone" - I actually liked this series better than the original 1960's version; and the '60's series was iconic. I just have more of a connection to the '80's series - since I saw many of the episodes as they aired.

I also liked the creepy intro w/ the spider and doll's head, and the "ghost" of Rod Serling - more than the original intro.

Notable episodes from this revised series included:

Shatterday; truly incredible story about alternate universe(s)?! starring Bruce Willis.

Nightcrawlers - the episode with the Vietnam veteran in the diner, whose nightmares of the war came to life.

Paladin of the Lost Hour - great Harlan Ellison- written episode.

The episode about a couple who came back from a vacation in Central/South Americas with pictures of some natives they had taken in a jungle. Somehow, the pictures had captured the "spirits" of the natives and these natives then later came out of the pictures and stalked/attacked the couple (and others). Very creepy.

And,

"Tales from the Darkside": This was on late at night back in the day. I saw a handful of episode when they aired, but saw the entire series on DVD in more recent years (twice).

"Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld. A place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit. A darkside..."

My favorite episode of TFTD was the one where the guy moved into the apartment & was told by the landlady to never nail anything to the wall. Great episode, with a fantastic ending [Wink]

Also enjoyed the 1990 TFTD feature film. The Mummy sequence (with Christian Slater & Steve Buscemi) was great. The Gargoyle sequence was the best - very creepy & poignant (starring Rae Dawn Chong). I liked how the Witch (Deborah Harry, aka "Blondie") was the central story theme.

[ 01. March 2017, 10:35: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home