iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » 80's Television Quiz (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Television Quiz
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. Come up with any question to do with any 80's TV show. If you answer the question, you have to post a new question. No answering the question and getting back to season 2 of Knight Rider or anything like that.

I'll start (obviously)

In the show Magnum PI, what was his usual fee?

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this game is great, but alas, i do not know the answer and i will not cheat and look it up, watching all of magnum is on my to do list. hopefully i can get one i know down the road
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well lomax i got a question for you.

Norm Peterson on the show cheers frequented a ceartin resturant, what is the resturant's name?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been watching some Magum P I lately and have heard his fee come up several times but not the amount just the word "fee". I do wonder if the amount is known or if this is a trick question. Bernie?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not a trick question. It has been years since I even asked the question and now I am at risk of answering my own question wrong. Without looking it up and going with my gut I think it was 200 dollars a day plus expenses.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im saddened you answered the question Bernie. My goal was to try and get this while watching reruns on TV on Thursday nights. Thats ok, I will continue to watch Magnum and hopefully confirm your thought.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sorry man. I thought you wanted me to answer it.

Another question for you. What are the names of Higgins' Dobermans?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

its all good Bernie Lomax
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
So, what's your answer to the Doberman question?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Ive heard their names before but cant think of them right now. When I hear it on an episode I will answer on here. I will not cheat, so it may take awhile.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I won't answer my own question this time [Wink] and this also is definitely not a trick question.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

boy, it sure is tough to get the answers by watching the show. Thought I was gonna get the dogs names last night. When Magnum was trapped by the dogs and yelling at Higgins to get them. I thought to myself, oh yeah Bernie, i got the answer. Wrong! Higgins ignored Magnums cries for help then came a commercial. I got shut down again.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Typical! Damn Higgins! Higgins had them trained to not like Magnum for sure. Hopefully next Thursday night you can get the answer.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

i meant to put this on last week after Magnum. Higgins called the DOGS the LADS. Is that right Bernie
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Unfortunately not TNT. They both have individual names. It just means more episodes of Magnum to watch. Not a bad thing IMO.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

This is a major tease. Watched two episodes last night. Magnum inherited $50 million and two doberman dogs from some guy. Of course they said THEIR(the inherited dogs) names but no mention of the Lads names.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
What were the names of the inherited dogs?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

i couldnt understand the guy that said their names. He had a foreign accent Bernie.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's only a matter of time TNT. I can hear in my head Higgins saying the dogs names. If I had two Dobermans that is what I would call them. I know it is a major tease cos Higgins does refer to them as the lads most of the time but they do have individual names. It's been a long time since I watched the whole series so I can't say how often the names are actually mentioned.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Fisher Stevens makes a mention of Magnum in the movie My Science Project. "I could be home watchin Magnum"
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have only seen that movie once. I remember in an episode of Quantum Leap, Sam leaped back to the early eighties and the girl was talking about watching it. Magnum ran from 80-88. Must have been pretty cool living in Hawaii for 8 years.

Let's relive that opening theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBIgXhiOpeQ

I think it has to be the best TV show theme ever. You got the chopper dropping at the start, awesome music, scenes of Hawaii, Magnum doing a burnout on Robin Masters lawn in the Ferrari - what more could you want?

I started figuring this theme out on the guitar a while ago. I should get to finishing it off. I love the theme tune!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

And don't forget the bikinis. I agree Bernie, one of the best theme songs. I also dabbled with a guitar for 7 or so years but haven't touched it much over the last 10 years.
Try the James Bond theme. Shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it. Its pretty simple.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dust that guitar off! I can play those themes in my own way but I try hard to play them exactly note for note which does get very gruelling.

After 7 years you must have been OK on the guitar? Get that electric out and play Eruption! Now! [Big Grin]

Funny thing is after I had written that spiel about Magnum I thought to myself; What about the girl in the swimsuit? - I was too lazy to edit my post.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Would love to get the 'ol Ibanez out and rip off some heavy palm mutes but just don't have the time anymore. Do you get to play much?

Oh by the way, on the episode Heal Thyself (1982), around the 50 minute mark with commercials, Higgins mentions Zeus and Apollo!!

I see you added your 12th update. Congrats. What was it?

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, I play a reasonable amount but I don't have much of a life. I am a uni student so I have plenty of time for guitar but I have almost finished my degree so my time of doing nothing is drawing closer to an end [Mad] Even if you can squeeze in 10-15 minutes of guitar a day would be good. I am working on You Shook Me All Night Long at the moment.

I can hear Higgins saying "Zeus, Apollo".

You must have been relieved when you heard that. Great names I reckon. How many episodes did you have to sit through to get that?

I decided to add in that filming goof with the reflection of the chopper from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I thought I would check to see if anyone else had mentioned it. They hadn't so I thought I might as well chuck it in. I see you have 3. One was for Real Genius and the other Tuff Turf. What was the other?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home