iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » You know I said I was in an 80's show??? well...... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You know I said I was in an 80's show??? well......
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angel I love your post!!!

It's fun for me to read because even though your my English twin sister haha you had things a bit different over there..different popular music and candy lol...People tell me all the time i'm so nostaligic because it was my childhood.......but I really believe it's those things about the 80's that make it different. [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Haha...Tom Selleck NOW would still get a look in. Thanks Logan, I'm glad you liked it. I reckon yours would be the boy version of this....wanting castle grey skull for christmas, wanting to be the fall guy, playing top trumps on school trips, swapping stickers in the playground (got got got NEED). I bloody love the 80's.
You NAILED it! GOLD! I really really wanted Greyskull! (Never got it!) I loved Horror trumps! I even collected football stickers as a kid, and I hated football! I may be being dense about this... but did the girls collect stickers? I can't remember them doing it, but that may be because they were swapping stickers I wasn't collecting.

Five more things that made the 80's the greatest...

'Choose Your Own Adventure' books.
'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole' (Profoundly in love with Pandora!)
'Superted'!
'Bananaman'!
'T-Bag'! Scroll to the end of this clip for the theme tune and a nostalgia overdose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOhSlrGKKUw

I've used so many exclamation marks today I think I need to go and lie down.

[ 17. September 2009, 09:28: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan I loved that T-Bag show. I think I watched all of them. The first t-bag now pulls pints in the Woolpack in Emmerdale.

I used to WATCH the secret diary of Adrian Mole...I knew the theme (wasn't it Ian Drury that sang it???)...and Banana Man ruled!!! What about Alfonso bonzo?..and Nightmare???....in hindsight the effects for THAT were pretty rubbish.
Oh and we didn't really do stickers THAT much. There were care bear ones...and of course EVERYONE loved the garbage pale kids.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Logan I loved that T-Bag show. I think I watched all of them. The first t-bag now pulls pints in the Woolpack in Emmerdale.

I used to WATCH the secret diary of Adrian Mole...I knew the theme (wasn't it Ian Drury that sang it???)...and Banana Man ruled!!! What about Alfonso bonzo?..and Nightmare???....in hindsight the effects for THAT were pretty rubbish.
Oh and we didn't really do stickers THAT much. There were care bear ones...and of course EVERYONE loved the garbage pale kids.

It was indeed Ian Dury that sang the theme to Adrian Mole. It just missed being a hit. 'Nightmare'? Are you referring to... 'Knightmare'?! Yeah, the effects for that always looked ropey. In some ways it was a precursor to the more interactive 'Crystal Maze'. I do remember 'Alfonso Bonzo'... and others like 'Gruey', 'Marmalade Atkins', 'Palace Hill', 'Bad Boyes' (a forgotten gem!). Ah... the memories of it all! I think because there were so few channels, and most kids got home from school at the same time, we all ended up watching the same things. One big nostalgic shared experience!

I remember thinking when the 'Garbage Pail Kids' movie came out that was the end of the line (same with 'He-Man', although I still like that movie! Young Courtney Cox, anyone?) Apparently they revived Garbage Pail Kids a couple of years ago, but it can never be the same. When we had them it was all new! Same with computer games... and music videos... and home video. Why is it that whenever I get nostalgic, I hear the theme to 'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads'?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT3mG-aZQdY

I guess our generation really didn't invent nostalgia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owSNbOBoUP8

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I did the show and it was GREAT. I had the best time doing it and it was filmed so as soon as there are any pics and when I get the DVD you will get to see [Smile] x
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds great Earth Angel, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures/video. I'm sure you did brilliantly.

A few of my memories....

Typing in pages & pages(or what seemed to be) of code from Sinclair User or Your Sinclair magazines, that inevitably didn't work.

Sitting around my Spectrum or Commodore 64 with a group of like-minded friends trying to write the "next great text adventure", which at that time were incredibly popular. Can you imagine trying to convince a kid nowadays, that a game that had very little graphics(or none at all) could be fun.

Attending PGL in the 3rd & 4th year of Junior School. Anybody else here go to PGL?

-- I was never mad about sports as a kid(except Football), but I still have great memories of both years. A whole week away from home felt like freedom. The look on my mums face when she opened my bag, only to see clothes caked in mud*, is something that I'll never forget. I didn't enjoy the abseiling, but you couldn't get me off the Quad Bikes.

* I'm not too sure what she was expecting, seeing as it was a week away at an adventure camp.

I'll add more later..

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Admit it... you stole the show!

There's no shame in being the best!

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Admit it... you stole the show!

There's no shame in being the best!

She did.....and she is
x

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Aw thanks Duckie....without my adoring public I am nothing...hahaha....Duckie came to watch it on opening night AND the last night too...that's dedication [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Aw thanks Duckie....without my adoring public I am nothing...hahaha....Duckie came to watch it on opening night AND the last night too...that's dedication [Smile]
Dedication? No... that's insanity! Drug his tea, call the white coats and have him sectioned.

Unless... it was a really really great show! In which case you buy him half a coke (with a slice of lemon) and thank him for his patronage.

Nah... have him sectioned anyway!

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
How do you put pics on here???
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
How do you put pics on here???

http://www.fast-rewind.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000422

Let's see these pics already Earth Angel!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pics pics pics!
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Earth Angel, when can we expect to see pictures from your stage musical posted on this thread? [Wink]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I will put some back stage ones up for now, but the stage ones should come soon....I am going to try to sneak some footage on too (even thought I'm not supposed to hee hee.
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

-

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good photographs, Earth Angel! Much appreciated! Thank you for putting them up. Now bring on the stage ones! [Smile] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
As soon as I have them, so will you guys [Big Grin]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I had a sweater like that black and white one, only I had a black/hot pink one. Brings back memories. Nice pics E.A.!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Earth Angel! You all look great! Thanks for sharing [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Looking at the photographs, now I'm truly cheesed off... why wasn't I sent tickets so that I could attend the shows? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Aw if I coulda had you all there, it would have been the bestest show EVER. Curse the separating miles.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock on Earth Angel, last pic looks like a Bananarama tribute. keep em' coming!
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Gorgeous costumes, by the way, Earth Angel, if you ask me. [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Aw if I coulda had you all there, it would have been the bestest show EVER. Curse the separating miles.
Now now, you're only trying to protect peoples feelings, but you still know full well it was the bestest show ever.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home