iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » True Blood on HBO (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: True Blood on HBO
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No love for Sookie D and Ronnie? I think she is grand!! Not sure if fixing the canyon, I mean small gap, between her teeth would help or hinder? I love her anyway..... [Wink]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha Kev..
I like Sookie as a character, she's feisty and a little annoying, but she has *****. I don't think she's attractive but that's just my opinion. I'm not really an Anna Paquin fan. Not sure what Mr. D thinks ha.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Maybe they had just built her up to be the end all be all and I wasn't going to buy into that. Sookie has been with everyone on the show and is becoming the equivalent to Robin on How I Met Your Mother. Attractive but mostly annoyIng, get over yourself Sookie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

And you could call me crazy but aside from the vampire Jessica, none of the woman are that great looking.

We are DEVO

I agree with you Devo...if I were a dude, I'd be all over Jessica. I have to say, the recent scenes with her & Jason are HOT!! That's a movie I want to see! [Razz]

In Paquin's defense, I think she does a good job between balancing being girly & tough. I like her (she'll always be one of the beloved Band Aid's in Almost Famous, which I hold dear to my heart).

Part of me wants to commend the casting crew for their choices in females for the show. They didn't just pick one dimensional hotties...Tara is unique, no doubt about it, and Pam & Arlene crack me up in different ways.

I guess when it comes down to just aesthetics, the female viewers may have fared better cause there's some supreme hotness happening with the men in Bon Temps! Did I tell you I think Lafayette has the most gorgeous eyes? Yeah.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, I'm a Bill Compton fan too [Smile] I kinda like Sam too.

I think Anna Paquin is more cute than pretty...I love her as Sookie though. She does a good job playing a feisty southern belle.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
I have to say, the recent scenes with her & Jason are HOT!! That's a movie I want to see! [Razz]

What the...!!!! Crap, I haven't gotten that far and I read this thinking... is that a typo??

Jessica is sooo beautiful. My husband and my brother both think she's the best looking on the show. I agree that the show does have a good group of gorgeous southern men.
It reminds me of Vampire Diaries in that sense.. there are more young, cuties in Mystic Falls than the girls. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, thoughts on the season finale??

OH MY GOD! It was all wrapping up rather nicely & then that ending! WOW!

I don't know...the show has taken a beating from some people who started out loving it & have gotten disgruntled because it has deviated so far from the books but I absolutely still love it!

It has everything...I'm invested in the characters...I feel like Bon Temps is a town I visit every week...In my opinion, True Blood has it all...creepiness, suspense, some action, humor, friendship, love, sex & a lot of heart. I haven't liked a show this much in a long time...I think I need to own the Blu-Rays...all 4 seasons.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a little under-whelmed by this season as a whole but that finale was incredible! The ending absolutely stuck with the book except for one thing which I won't say in case some people haven't seen it yet. I loved how they brought back so many characters from season 1 and then having it all take place on Halloween just made it even better!

I am thinking next season is going to be great...Espcially if Sookie ends up with Alcide [Smile]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 3 starts tomorrow [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
I was a little under-whelmed by this season as a whole but that finale was incredible! The ending absolutely stuck with the book except for one thing which I won't say in case some people haven't seen it yet.

I've heard the same thing about season 3, several people have told me they weren't happy with it, until the last few episodes, especially the finale. I can't wait to see it! And thanks for keeping hush, V.. ha...I can only imagine what's to come.

I was able to see seasons 1 through 3 on blu-ray, love the box art! But I have to watch the 4th season on HBO website. I'm starting it this week!

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What are the feelings on the 400 directions the show has taken this season?

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home