iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » True Blood on HBO (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: True Blood on HBO
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just woundering if anybody liked this show?
Caught the whole first season and was about one of the best shows HBO has ever done,but have not been able to catch the second season.Is there any website's that show the second season?

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it. Any good?
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

First season... awesome, second season... so far not too good.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on my Netflix list, but I won't be watching it just yet cuz I put Netflix on hold for the summer. Just too busy. I have heard good things about season 1.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

First season... awesome, second season... so far not too good.

We are DEVO

whats up with the second season,why not that good?
Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarkA
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8065

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MarkA   Email MarkA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just started watching the first season, on episode three now and enjoying it, from looking at the boards season two looks a let down thats sad.
Posts: 11 | From: USA CT, originally from London UK | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Talk about a Sophomore Slump. It just isn't living up to the first season. It's not delivering any excitement. Much like the disappointment of LOST season 2.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do so many shows go through a Sophomore slump? I think Burn Notice is dropping off, same with In Plain Sight. IPS has gotten pretty boring to me because the main character started off as a bad-azz U.S. Marshall, but now she's completely mellowed and boring. And her sidekick Marshall had some funny lines in the first season, but now he rarely has a good line. I think I'm gonna keep it outta sight, outta mind.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started watching the first season...I'm six episodes in...I'm OBSESSED!!!!

Wow, great effin' show [Smile] !!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Cindy, let me know what you think after the not so good, much less physical, and terrible character development of Season 2. Consider this shark jumped, I'll still watch though, I want to be wrong, so wrong.

We are DEVO

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay some thoughts up to this point...First season was PHENOM!!! Wow!! Loved it!!!

I'm 5 eps into Season 2...it's still great but feels a little different. Sookie and Bill are very annoying to me this time around.

Eric is fantastic!! And Maryann, although I'm not quite sure what she is yet, is FABULOUS!!! I just love her!!

The arrival of Jessica and the storyline with her and Hoyt has my attention. Very cute and funny! I love the dynamic between her and Bill.

Alright, that's it for now...stay tuned!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

I thought that last nights episode was a let down because it was only 45 minutes long. It finally got good. It's still a bit too much Maryann. She's gross. And the obese naked sex is rancid. Sorry for the spoilers.

WE are DEVO

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
I'm not there yet Devo!! She's still all classy and fab at this point...ewww about the obese naked sex [Frown] ...
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching the show about a month and a half ago..maybe a month?..haha I have 1 more episode left and I am done with season 3. I came here, looking to see if any rewinders watched it and it doesn't look like many, but I will say..that season 2 was different....

***spoilers***

the Maryann storyline went on ALL season and felt like it was dragging out.. taking forever! But season 1 really got my attention.. it cracked me up so much. I fell in love with Sookie & Bill in season 1, they did annoy in me in season 2, but I loooove the passionate moments between them.
Jessica & Hoyt.. awwwww so cute, I love it.
Tara.. she used to make me laugh, now she's just so depressing to watch. Jason was hilarious in season 1 & 2, now he's not as silly.
and Eric.. oh my... haha... that's all I can say when I see him... my my my... [Wink]

So... I can't wait to get started on season 4 which I know is near the end soon. Almost caught up!

Love this show! [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, I am obsessed with True Blood! I love the books as well.

Loved season 1 because of the Sookie/Bill relationship. Season 2 is by far the worst of the series. MaryAnn is soooo annoying and I was not a big fan of the vampire stuff in Dallas. The only storyline I really found interesting was the Fellowship one with Jason.

Season 3 is much much better as it starts to introduce other 'supes' in Bon Temps and also reveals some things about Sookie's true identity. Season 4 has been pretty good so far too...although I'm not happy with Sookie's current relationship...

You should definitely check out the books!

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the first three seasons ready to watch...just need a bit of time. I've seen a few episodes sporadically, and really like what I've seen....can't give too much input based on that, other than....I know I'll like it!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The show definitely has that raunchy factor, haha but I still love it. It's like a soap opera. One episode I loathed one of the characters, the next.. I liked them!

Never thought to check out the books, but perhaps I will. I am in the middle of the Hunger Games series..can't wait for that movie!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've loved the first 2 series [Big Grin] Look forward to seeing the 3rd!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/13618846/True-Blood-Bottled-True-Blood-Drink/Product.html

Haha [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bottle of TruBlood. I put it out at Halloween.
[Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Trust you  - I was just thinking of getting my pumpkin out already lol
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Hi I'd like a large order of Vampire Eric with a side of Jason Stackhouse. Thanks!

I'm a True Blood trubie! Love love love the show! Only reason I order HBO for 12 weeks [Wink] !

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Hi I'd like a large order of Vampire Eric with a side of Jason Stackhouse. Thanks!

Complete with a tall glass of Vampire Bill. (For me) ha.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

And you could call me crazy but aside from the vampire Jessica, none of the woman are that great looking.

We are DEVO

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

D, I completely agree with you. I think Vampire Jessica is absolutely adorable. Beautiful pale skin, big blue eyes, lovely red hair... my husband says the same thing..the other chicks in the show are not attractive.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home