iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Our New Ambassador to Ireland (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Our New Ambassador to Ireland
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding....???I don't follow you people around, and comment on your looks- I don't say your "disgusting", and that your friends are disgusting...and I don't make personal lifestyle judgments about you or the people that you know- that is what trash does.

And your right Motley-I have talked alot on here about myself...if that bugs you guys so badly-the last thing you should go do-is look at a video of me.

You seem to not get the fact that the Easter Egg Hunt- was done by myself and about 25 of my really good friends....they all read her comments-wether they commented on You Tube or not, doesn't mean they didn't comment to me about them-I see these people every day. There were close to 1500 people there....and not 1 person said one negative thing about it-except someone that wasn't even there.

Yes, I do see people being rude and making mean comments on You Tube on other video clips.
She wasn't there, she doesn't know any of those people, she is not my friend, so to go on there just to leave an ignorant comment about me chewing gum- which for the record -that's the first time I chewed gum in 2 years-since I have had braces all that time- and some kid gave it to me- to comment on something that minor-just because you have this URGE to make a negative remark, goes above and beyond this kind of stuff on the board-which I am so sick of.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Are you kidding....???I don't follow you people around, and comment on your looks- I don't say your "disgusting", and that your friends are disgusting...and I don't make personal lifestyle judgments about you or the people that you know- that is what trash does.

And your right Motley-I have talked alot on here about myself...if that bugs you guys so badly-the last thing you should go do-is look at a video of me.

You seem to not get the fact that the Easter Egg Hunt- was done by myself and about 25 of my really good friends....they all read her comments-wether they commented on You Tube or not, doesn't mean they didn't comment to me about them-I see these people every day. There were close to 1500 people there....and not 1 person said one negative thing about it-except someone that wasn't even there.

Yes, I do see people being rude and making mean comments on You Tube on other video clips.
She wasn't there, she doesn't know any of those people, she is not my friend, so to go on there just to leave an ignorant comment about me chewing gum- which for the record -that's the first time I chewed gum in 2 years-since I have had braces all that time- and some kid gave it to me- to comment on something that minor-just because you have this URGE to make a negative remark, goes above and beyond this kind of stuff on the board-which I am so sick of.

With that being said how can you defend yourself for all the times you've said certain celebrities are a 'mess' or that such-and-such has 'mental issues'?

Bottom line is though that for as many times as you talked about your Egg Hunt here and then mentioning that there were youtube links you were going to pique people's interest to want to see them. No matter if they're friend, foe or indifferent people were going to want to see them; it's just human nature. If you didn't want certain people to see them then you should never have mentioned they existed. You could have just emailed or messaged those you wanted to see them and those who you didn't want to see them would have never known they existed.

Like I said before if you have a problem with the comments made about you on youtube you should discuss that with the moderators over there instead of fighting that battle here. Or at least have the radio station that actually posted the videos there in the first place take it up with the youtube moderators since they are in reality their links.

[ 26. April 2009, 07:24: Message edited by: It's Sam, Mr. Hain If You're Nasty ]

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread needs to be locked soon I am thinking, enough is enough already by everyone....what would the New Ambassador to Ireland think? Especially about those comments posted on that YouTube link that I finally got a chance to read....that's going way too far in my opinion.

[ 26. April 2009, 19:24: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by Isis:

Are you kidding....???I don't follow you people around, and comment on your looks- I don't say your "disgusting", and that your friends are disgusting...and I don't make personal lifestyle judgments about you or the people that you know- that is what trash does. And your right Motley-I have talked alot on here about myself...if that bugs you guys so badly-the last thing you should go do-is look at a video of me. You seem to not get the fact that the Easter Egg Hunt- was done by myself and about 25 of my really good friends....they all read her comments-wether they commented on You Tube or not, doesn't mean they didn't comment to me about them-I see these people every day. There were close to 1500 people there....and not 1 person said one negative thing about it-except someone that wasn't even there. Yes, I do see people being rude and making mean comments on You Tube on other video clips. She wasn't there, she doesn't know any of those people, she is not my friend, so to go on there just to leave an ignorant comment about me chewing gum- which for the record -that's the first time I chewed gum in 2 years-since I have had braces all that time- and some kid gave it to me- to comment on something that minor-just because you have this URGE to make a negative remark, goes above and beyond this kind of stuff on the board-which I am so sick of

I get the facts that's not the point. You judge others but never expect to be judged. Sorta hypocritical. I should have saved those personal messages I received those times from ya where I was bein judged pretty heavily as others have received before I'm sure. If your so sick of negative remarks then why do you always make them? You still failed to justify it bein ok for you to call somebody trash but not bein able to be critiqued yourself. If I came on here daily and talked about what I did and said oh there's a you tube video up of me somewhere, it's human nature for anyone to look it up and I'd expect good and bad comments. I personally have a lot more things to worry about than comments people make I've never even met..........

[ 26. April 2009, 07:41: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care if you went and looked at me on a video...what I cared about is the comments...do you not all understand that....or what??? Plus, if I wanted the link posted ...I would have done that myself...I don't need people to do that for me, especially people who don't like me posting personal info about myself anyway.

If I say negative comments about a person, it's about their negative behavior...that does not make me someone who cuts up people or a hypocrite .... If I said I don't like Paris Hilton, because of her lack of morality-I don't think that's exactly what commenting on me, and saying I am disgusting for chewing gum...doesn't even come close to being the same thing....

and 80s Rocked is right...I don't know anything about the Goodwill Ambassador...so this is my last post on this thread.

and I will have the You Tube video taken down if she doesn't knock it off...the only reason I hadn't done it yet...is I wanted to see...how big she was going to dig her hole...it isn't embarrassing to me, that someone who doesn't even know me is saying stuff like that...my friends all know what I look like, and chewing gum is not a mortal sin. Get a life, and quit worrying about mine, and if I want to chew gum or not.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But you started complaining about everyone knowing about the video before any comments were even made on the video. The hypocritical part comes from saying negative things about people be it their lack of morals or looks (you have mentioned looks of celebs before time and time again) yet becoming enraged when your spoken negatively of. I'm not condoning either one just saying that a negative comment is a negative comment be it physical appearance or what someone chooses to do.....

[ 26. April 2009, 16:23: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that all of you need to each spend some time by yourselves with the book of mormon and learn how to get along with each other. There is a chapter in there titled Live and Let Live where they teach people how to behave.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Not a religion discussion sorry. One can behave, be good to others, and be moral without religion........
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY!!!

Dan Rooney here. I thought we where here to talk about me!
 -

And who the heck is this Joyce chick? Huh?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Colt 45:
I think that all of you need to each spend some time by yourselves with the book of mormon and learn how to get along with each other. There is a chapter in there titled Live and Let Live where they teach people how to behave.

I just ordered my 'magical underwear' so to get in the total spirit of The Book of Mormon.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

LMAO my mom's uncle and his wife are devout Mormons. He actually showed his magical underwear (he mail ordered them from the church and got them in the mail and opened them the day of the family gathering) at a family gathering at his house when he got them. His magics as he called them looked like a fruit of the loom t-shirt connected to a jock strap........
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Peaceful Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh don't you worry Noms... We'll get to the bottom of this...

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are those "magical underwear" supposed to do for a person? I have never heard of them.
Do they come with a note from the Goodwill Ambassador?

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This is my Barbie doll. Notice she is not chewing gum though, opting instead for a cool menthol cigarette.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

-

I can only wish for a birthday cake like this.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Now that's a fab birthday cake ya got there pitt!!!!

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Don't you have it all wrong...your doll should be holding a Pikachu.

You are so busted!!!

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

While I do appreciate some of the humo(u)r* in this thread --and some of it even made me laugh out loud-- I do feel that there's one problem that needs mentioning here, folks:

There are a lot of personal comments being made about people and thinly disguised hatred (or is there any disguise at all?).

I dont often have time to do any more than a little skip-reading of the boards, and I realise that boards inevitably become somewhat "factional" with various factions becoming irritated by other factions etc.. BUT please, people, can we just not keep making personal observations about people?

Its never, ever gonna lead to good things. It makes the site and these boards seem as cliquey and unwelcoming as the first day at a new high school and, thus, stifles new members joining etc etc.

I know its hard... I know a lot of water has gone under the bridge, but please lay off the personal stuff.

I'm gonna have a chat with the mods, who have the impossible task of dealing with this stuff on a daily basis, but If things dont improve, then I think we're gonaa have to implement a zero tolerance policy on personal negativity, which is lame, but it seems that the boards out there who rule with an inflexible, iron fist on this kind of thing are ultimately the ones that are full of life... [Frown]

-Nick (webmaster)

*alternate spelling for international readers [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home