iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Oscar predictions (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Oscar predictions
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a piece of it, I saw Heath Ledger win, and everyone was teary eyed. It looked like a super small stage. I was shocked at how "unglamorous" the whole thing seemed, there were people there that looked like they just rolled out of bed. Mickey Rourke actually looked "prettied up" next to some of the people.

I can't believe how people use to really get all glammed up for the Academy Awards, and now it's so casual looking.

I was watching some of it, and it was the same old thing over and over. I missed the Memorial Tribute that they do, so I am glad Kash listed everyone- that list is mostly men.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked the show a lot. they did some things differently, and the set up was nice..it felt more intimate.

i thought all the ladies looked elegant.
i liked how they presented the best actor/actress & best supporting actor/actress awards with the former winners.

i want to see MILK. i was rooting for mickey rourke because he was great in THE WRESTLER but sean penn is a terrific actor so i will definitely watch his movie.

i still want to see THE READER and SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

yay for heath!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, we were rooting for Mickey Rourke to win, but my hubby kept saying they will probably pick Sean Penn. He was right. I'm tired of Sean Penn, and his left wing politics,and I'm tired of him winning all the time. Give some one else a chance, Academy! I see this crappy awards thing hasn't changed- ancient men voting on movies.
I don't know what awards show you were watching, but the women were all beautiful and elegant. Full makeup and hairdos. Even Diane Lane finally put some colorful makeup on, instead of the bland housewife look she's gone with for the past 15 years.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg, i was thinking the same thing about diane lane. she was actually wearing lipstick!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was pulling for Mickey too. I hear Sean did good in Milk but I haven't saw it. Did he get on his usual soapbox of "We need to get out of Iraq blah blah blah?" I'm suprised it didn't show that video of him in a canoe in new Orleans helping people out like it does pretty much everytime he's mentioned. You help people out that's great but can you lay off of the shameless self promotion?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitt, I feel the same way about Sean Penn as you do...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am talking about their hairdos.....their hair looked ratty....some of the people really looked like they rolled out of bed-those are the men I am talking about...some of them looked like bums, like they hadn't shaved in a week...the women who pulled their hair back -it looked a mess.

I am not saying there weren't a few people who had make up on, but when they did a pan of the audience, I thought what a mess....Seymour Hoffman- he is one of them that looked like a bum, and then there were a bunch of them that were directors or writers or producers, or independant people.

I don't know who Michael Shannon is...but he's one that needed to brush his hair.

It's like ...your at the Academy Awards...clean up.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Amy Adams was one of the women who I thought looked awful, I don't even know who she is either...but her hair was a mess.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact their people I'm sure they'll listen. What a suprise more negativity........ [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
So, what would you like me to say....wow everyone looked like a million bucks...that would be nice to say...if it were true.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Well a lot of people are so materialistic as to look at how someone dresses and looks thereby overlooking the talent. That's being pretty shallow..........
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Right....and you never notice what people look like, but have a "Hot Babe Thread" on here ??
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey that thread was mine.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh sorry....he never posted any pictures...right???
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

What does hot babes have to do with being materialistic worrying about how nice the clothes are someone's wearing and if they are wearing makeup? Guess who the first was to complain about the hot babes thread?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I feel that anybody who makes a career out of critiquing the fashion sense of celebrities rival the paparazzi for having zero life.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop it now children, or I'm turning this car around and we're going all the way back to Winnipeg!

On a more important note, here are my predictions from Feb 6 -

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial"> Best Picture - I think this year the Academy will embrace the feeling of change and positivity that has gripped the world since November, and give the gong to Slumdog Millionaire .

Best Actor - This is a tough one. As much as I love Brad Pitt and Benjamin Button, it won't be him. The Academy also often reserves the "comeback" award for supporting roles, so Mickey Rourke will miss out. The Academy likes to reward portrayals of real people, so it will be between Sean Penn and Frank Langella, and the award will go to Sean Penn for playing a more sympathetic character than Richard Nixon.

Best Actress - I haven't seen any of the films these women are nominated for. Melissa Leo won't win because of last years shock gong for Marion Cotillard. As good an actress as Anne Hathaway is, I think the Academy will hold out for her another year. So it's between La Streep, Angie and Kate Winslet. My sentimental favorite is Kate, but it's a very tight race, and I can't choose. So sentimentality wins, and it will be Kate Winslet .

Supporting Actor - I enjoyed "our Heath" in The Dark Knight, but I didn't think the performance was Oscar worthy. But if he loses, the winner will go down in infamy as robbing Heath of a final dignity in death. So Heath Ledger it will be, even though I think it should be Robert Downey Jr for his outrageous performance in Tropic Thunder.

Supporting Actress - Often reserved for up and comers, or lifetime achievers, meaning normally Viola Davis and Taraji P Hensen would be shoeins (ps, they are this years only non Caucasian acting nominees), but this year it will go to a more established actress (none of whom are about to drop of the perch...). Have to admit I haven't seen the films the 3 ladies have been in, and I'm basing my pick on buzz that I've heard, so Penelope Cruz it is.

Best Director - This year is only the 5th time in Oscar history that nominated directors are for the 5 Best Picture nominees. It always strikes me as odd that a film can be nominated for Best Picture and the director miss out, after all, it's the director's vision that makes a film what it is. Remember the furore over "the film that directed itself"? when Driving Miss Daisy won Best Picture and Bruce Beresford wasn't even nominated? Anyhoo, this year the Best Director will be the man behind the Best Picture winner - Danny Boyle. I love Danny Boyle movies, Trainspotting, Shallow Grave, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, even The Beach. It's great to see David Fincher nominated too, he is my 2nd favorite director (behind Alfred Hitchc0ck) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">

I correctly picked -

Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Director
Best Film

[ 24. February 2009, 00:50: Message edited by: Stitch Groover ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Valley, Dee, Isis and anyone else I may've missed. Live blogging was a tough slog, pretty hectic, typos and so on. But I'd like to thank my PC; Dwayne, the internet of course, Oscar for hosting such a great show, my agent Julie Richman; she's truly dazzling. The Rewind, Nick, Paul, Mr. Kesuke Miyagi; whose first name doesn't get mentioned nearly as often as it should. Jeff Spicoli in caterring, Janine Melnitz for holding all my calls, Josie McClellan: shopping at 'Target' finally paied off. But most of all I'd like to thank myself, because without me: none of this would've been possible, so thank you one & all [Wink]

Seriously, glad you guys enjoyed this, I loved writing it.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This girl is butt freakin' ugly huh?
I dont' know what this pic is from, but I think it's from one of the awards shows; maybe the Golden Globes or SAG. I can't find one of her at the 2009 Oscars that I could copy to here. I thought she was so pretty in The Wedding Date, even though she was the "tool" sister. I know it's a cheesy movie, but I love my man-candy, Dermot Mulroney!

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's a link to her at the Academy Awards- I don't know where you get that I said she was butt ugly- I said her hair looked a mess...and I hated her outfit too- it was ugly.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2176879360/nm0010736

[ 25. February 2009, 16:03: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

She's hot don't be jealous cause she's younger.......
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's purdy. Now..I'm not one to critique hair and dress...but....I love Kate Winslet and think she's beautiful...and...HER hair looked horrible at the oscars.....now where are the magic people who can make pictures appear on here...I think we need to see Kate's hair!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
As if I am jealous of her...OMG, she looks like she could be my mother...I don't have bags under my eyes...look at that picture of her...she has big huge bags under her eyes. I don't even know how old she is.
If I had to guess from that picture, I would say she was right around my age.

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell a catfight!!!

-

Or...

-

Or is it...

-

Maybe...

-

heheee.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
For Pete Sakes...I just looked her age up....she's only 6 years younger than me....Motley you acted like she's 20 or something....she's allowed to have big bags under her eyes now. I was right that I would have guess her age closer to me...I had no idea how old she was.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home