iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you cooking tonight? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are you cooking tonight?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a kid asparagus was the one veggie I would eat. It is still my favorite veggie. My dad used to grow them for me--they are so much better when they are fresh picked from your garden.

We had chili tonight--it was too spicy for me, LOL.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a great time tonight at dinner, everything turned out awesome.

I have had a guest who has been staying with us because of her job, for the past 4 months, she's become a part of our family, and we all love her, and tomorrow night is her last night with us, because the job is over and she'll be going home to her family.

We bought her some going away gifts, and she gave us all a gift, including our dog- so it was nice. I cooked a special dinner tonight, but she has had dinner with us every night, tomorrow night we are taking her out to eat for her last night with us.

I am always taking pictures of food I make for parties, and for the B & B- because I change the pictures on my website from time to time, so people can see what I make for breakfast for guests.

Here's the diner I made my Dad and my stepmom for Christmas:

-

-

I love to garnish stuff, it's all fun to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey isis yummy food!!! i love breakfast casserole's too my sister in law makes a great one every easter tonight i am making buffalo chicken wings with celery and carrot sticks and blue cheese of course bill put in his request last night lol he is lucky i love him to death lol!! just kidding i love to cook!! [Smile] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went out to eat tonight. I had chicken fettucini alfredo, a salad with a garlic vinaigrette, and some bread sticks. I drank a Shirley Temple (I love them).

It was alot of fun.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No dessert? I'm making some cake this weekend, should be real interesting how that turns out! I'm supposed to go to an African restaurant with a friend this weekend, still trying to wrap my head around to exactly what I will be eating there.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TGIF everyone!! i don't cook on friday's so hubby will probably pick up a seafood platter tonight in the mood for crab and shrimp etc. there is a local restaurant called mr. Dee's that makes great seafood here !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I made Valentine 's Day sugar cookies- and they are huge cookies shaped like hearts, with pink frosting and Valentine sprinkles. So, I haven't needed any dessert. I have been eating too much junk.

Tomorrow I am going with my friends to a Chocolate Affair thing, where they have a chocolate fountain and chocolate stuff to sample.
That should be fun.

Next week I am going to make some Valentine Cupcakes.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I went to the Chocolate thing yesterday, and bought a bunch of different things to sample and I gave some to my guests.

The one thing I got that was really strange was chocolate fudge and it had cayenne pepper in it, and rum soaked cherries and apricots. It tasted like rum at first, but then the hot pepper taste hit you, and it was very weird. I can't say if I liked it or not. It was different.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
wow isis that is different although they say cayenne pepper is good for you? lol i use it in cooking but chocolate? i don't know that i would like that my mom went to one of those chocolate things at a church here it was called death by chocolate i didn't go but wanted to lol!! i am gonna make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for hubby for valentine;s day already have his reese's cups and snickers bars for saturday !! [Smile] [Cool] [Wink]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozzy´s chicken curry, straight from the 80´s [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atomik, where did you find that recipe from Ozzy? Was it in one of his albums or from a metal magazine?
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are having leftover enchiladas and beans that I made yesterday. I make a whole casserole dish of the enchiladas, and that is enough for us for 2-3 days. My husband could eat a house and not gain weight! I'm glad I don't have to cook tonight because now I've got a cold and I just feel run down and tired. But I did pull a small beef roast out of the freezer and I'm going to make shredded Italian roast beef in the crock pot tomorrow- it is really easy. Then we'll put it on these mini foccaccia breads that I bought.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
atomik, where did you find that recipe from Ozzy? Was it in one of his albums or from a metal magazine?

It´s from a german pop magazine called Bravo.
I bought those mags back in the day and didn´t even know the language [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight, I shall be having garlic bread followed by spaghetti bolognese for tea.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Tonight, I shall be having garlic bread followed by spaghetti bolognese for tea.

Whenever I ask anyone about bolognese, they always seem to have their own recipe variation. What's yours?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It´s from a german pop magazine called Bravo.
Guarantee it was reprinted from the UK mag 'Smash Hits'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
had carne asada burritos tonight from a local dive...mmmmm [Razz]

currently in the process of moving this week, so it's take out for a few days. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the noms household tonight I'm making...

Jamaican Lamb Carry
Red, Gold and Green Coconut Rice
Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries

Gotta love that Levi Roots...

Reggae Reggae Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I am making rosemary chicken with rice and endive salad tonight.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im making fried rice with beef and curry...... well actually, the vietnamese guy at the Canton Grill is making it, im just eatin' it [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Lmao JayLee! Sounds good to me!
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by logan5:
Whenever I ask anyone about bolognese, they always seem to have their own recipe variation. What's yours?

There are such ingredients as capsicum, bacon, veal or red or brown onion.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Originally posted by logan5:

There are such ingredients as capsicum, bacon, veal or red or brown onion.

See? I knew it would be worth asking! [Big Grin]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Tonight I am making chicken, pan cooked, topped with Catalina dressing and mozzarella cheese. I know it sounds weird. It was something that was in a temporary seasonal menu we had when I worked at Elby's. I can't believe I found this thread, and I actually remembered Atomik posting Ozzy's recipe for curry chicken!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds good Pitts!

Haha, Ozzy´s recipe [Smile] I see that the pic was lost when imagesh*t started to get greedy.
If i can find the pic i´ll repost it!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home