iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you cooking tonight? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are you cooking tonight?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got stuff on the stove right now, I'm cooking a chinese strir fry with chicken in orange ginger sauce, and brown rice with green peppers and some eggrolls.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We cooked homemade chili tonight. Chili and beer mmmmmmmmmmm. Glad I'm off tomorrow........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some hearty food there, you get Friday off too? I would love to start the weekend now......
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's late here now....

But for supper we ate...breaded pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, cole slaw, and homemade bread.

I have been in the mood for some Chinese Food- maybe that's what I'll have tomorrow night.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow. I love long Super Bowl weekends!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, we always have great food too at these Super Bowl shindings. Chicken Wings, Bratwerst sausage, all kinds of soul food! It's once a year and my waistline is thankful for that.

You have a lot of chinese recipes Isis, or is it takeout? I'm always fiending for asian cooking. Seems to be the right balance of meats and vegetables for me. Growing up, friday night it was a tradition to order out.

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No cooking tonight. I think I'm still full from dinner last night. We went out for tea with a friend and his family to celebrate his brother's 21st birthday. We went to an awesome restuarant in Melbourne's Chinatown. We ordered so much for entrees that we all shared ( the table had a lazy susan so we could spin it around) that we were all too full to order main course!

Peking Duck, satay chicken skewers, dimsims, spring rolls, sang choi boy, bbq pork... there was more that I can't remember. Plus then there was the cake, lots of wine and water and beer and coke.... a huge night!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night i made goulash with lots of mushrooms and had texas toast i don't cook on friday's bill brings home dinner from work tonight we will probably have mighty taco's and beer!!! have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On tonight's menu...Wendy's. Last night's menu was chicken nuggets and broccoli and cheese. I'm such a gourmet, LOL. But I am making buffalo wings this weekend. Never done it before so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

Hey Motley, how hot do you make your chili?

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
No clue what to cook tonight. I got a bunch of McDonalds and Quizmos coupons that expire from Feb.1-3 that I am tempted to use, but feel like something a bit healthier.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate fast food, but I do like Chinese Food from restaurants.

I actually have never cooked Chinese Food at home. I can never find the ingredients. I have wanted to try a ton of recipes that you need won ton wrappers for, but I can't ever find them in a store around here.

I did just find a new grocery store in a bigger town about 1/2 an hour from here-they had an international section-I bet I can find them there.

I loved these veggie spring rolls that I had in a restaurant once- they had a sweet and sour dipping sauce that went with them, they were so good. I would love to know how to make them. Sometimes somethings you have to leave your house for though.

I LOVE really good food. I never know how people eat a steady diet of fast food. I'd die.

I was with some friends last weekend, and there was a guy with us that said he heard I liked to cook, and he said what made me want to learn how to cook, and I thought..??? You have to eat. But, I realized how many people can't cook ANYTHING. I said, because long long ago when I didn't cook and I went out to eat alot more than I do now, we spent so much money eating horrible food. I thought, I can cook the exact same thing at home, and spend as much on groceries for 1 week, as we sometimes spent on 1 meal.

I think alot of people spend a ton of money on eating out.

We usually cook everynight of the week, except Friday nights, because my son goes to guitar lessons, and we usually get pizza or Chinese Food.

We always cook Sunday dinner.

I constantly look for new recipes to try.

A couple of my favorite websites are:

www.bbonline.com

They have a recipe section on there.

I also love:

www.myrecipes.com

Has anyone had Eggs Florentine? That is one thing I have never had, but I see a billion recipes for it, and I keep wondering if it would be a good spring/summer recipe for breakfast.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
won ton wrappers are usually in the produce section. Not sure if you were aware of that or not so i thought I'd throw that in.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I want to learn how to cook asian better. We are foirtunate that we have a huge multicultural mecca here and tons of foreign food grocery stores. I'm on the prowl for taking cooking classes for asian if I can find somewhere that's reasonable. In the 80's I even used to love Watching Wok with Yan, if there's somewhere that's selling old episodes give me a link and let me know.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Produce section? Where? I have never seen them.

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

I didn't get Chinese food tonight. Bummer.

I ate a Garden Salad and Potato Soup.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I make my chili spicy but not so hot that it's noticed over the actual taste........
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I got real lazy tonight, debating to cook steak w/ Butter and Herb Noodles if I can fight off sleepiness...
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went swimming this afternoon, then went to a shady park for a bbq - nothing fancy, just sausages, rissoles, lamb chops and fried onion.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think tonight i will make a taco salad and just some other snack foods we are gonna stay home and watch mirrors tonight and sunday we will be eating pizza and wings at the party dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
tonight i am making spagetti and meatballs with angel hair pasta and turkey hamburger which we eat alot of instead of ground beef healthier for us and some texas toast with it!
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the Super Bowl we had:

- 2 different lasagnas
- burnt ends (bbq beef)
- bbq beans with chunks of beef added
- chicken wings honey teriaki
- chicken chunks bbq
- veggies & dip
- hot and mild dip - cheese, salsa, hamburger all cooked together served hot... yum...

It was excellent!

Tonight, chicken Parmesan over spaghetti... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
imagine that. Somebody from Kansas City eating BBQ [Big Grin]

For the Super Bowl i took a day off from my eliminate my fatty liver diet and had

Buffalo wings from the oven using Frank's Hot Sauce
Meatballs in alfredo sauce from my crock pot

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Tomorrow night I am cooking a special dinner for a friend of ours.

I am making stuffed shells, a salad, garlic bread, and mini cherry cheesecakes.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
You guys know how to eat, some scrumptous dishes there! For Super Bowl we had chicken and beef fajitas, nachos w/guacamole, chili and spanish rice. Word!

Tonight was a total washout because I got home late from the hockey game, too dead tired to cook, so I was only to open a can of peaches. Tomorrow will prove to get some better eats.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
buffalo wings with frank's my hubby uses frank's on everything here lol!! tonight for dinner i am making stuffed chicken breasts and baked potatoes and asparagus!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love stuffed chicken breasts...we are doing that next week some time.

I love asparagus too- I never ate asparagus until a few years ago, and a friend of ours cooked it on the grill.

Now we do that too, and you can cook it in the oven too.

I take a cookie sheet and lay the asparagus on there, and drizzle it with virgin olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, and salt and pepper-bake it-it is so good.

We made a pineapple bundt cake the other day, it was yummy. I am making it for my Valentine's Day breakfast- instead of a muffin- and making the banana rum cheeseballs to go with it and the fresh fruit.

I found a recipe today for a yummy breakfast casserole-I plan to make it now too for Valentine's Day.

So, I am so happy I have my menu planned.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home