iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My Movie Location Visits.....Dazed & Confused, etc.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Movie Location Visits.....Dazed & Confused, etc.
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So in my recreational time, I like to get in my truck and drive all over without any destination in mind....just drive until I end up anywhere. Well I have found myself in some pretty cool places down here in Texas, and some of these are locations where some cool movies were filmed.

First is "Dazed & Confused", filmed in Austin, Texas:

The Emporium...where they all hang out to play pool and pinball

-  -

Outside The Emporium:

-
 - thats such a horrible picture of me!!!!!!!

Top Notch Hamburgers:

-

The Moontower field at the end....sadly the moontower is torn down and they have built a baseball field:

-

The Next movie is "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"....which was filmed in Manor, Texas:

The store that Gilbert(Johnny Depp) works at...notice the water tower in the background:

-

-

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the store Gilbert worked at:

-

Next movie is "Grindhouse: Death Proof"....this is the bar where Kurt Russell gets his lapdance:

-

-

And just today I visited Archer City, Texas...some of you might remember the movies "The Last Picture Show" or "Texasville", both with Jeff Bridges...These movies were filmed here....here is the little town:

-

-

I have tons more pics and info...if anybody has any question about certain locations of these films, or what a certain area of the movie looks like, lemme know

[ 06. January 2009, 19:02: Message edited by: Eddie Wilson ]

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
oh yea...I've also played a show where "Logan's Run" was filmed...at the Water Gardens in Fort Worth....but i don't have any pics from that [Frown]
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie super cool! If you have more pics you should post them. [Smile]

Whatever........"this is a bad pic of me".......you are so much of a hunk......the girls are drooling i'm sure [Wink]

I should go out and take some movie site pics around here.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie, super pics! Hey, do you keep getting older, but the chicks stay the same age, ha,ha! Alright, alright, alright!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emporium appreciation
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I've done "Fresh Horses"

Hey Valley, did you take any pics of Fresh Horses locations? And did you find the railroad shack? [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bori
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7659

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bori   Email Bori   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that is so cool. i never thought about going out and searching movie spots. I live in New Jersey. Any good good movies shot her? I think i'll do some searching...
Posts: 14 | From: Elizabeth, NJ | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm yeah...I'll do the same...there's gotta be tons of popular movies made in....NOVA SCOTIA CANADA!!!! A couple I can actually think of are "The Scarlett Letter" w' Demi Moore, and U571 w' Harrison Ford. Anybody know of any more? Very cool pics Eddie...keep em comin....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kevdug, was The Shipping News filmed in Nova Scotia?
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
Hey Bori...Eddie & The Cruisers was filmed in New Jersey...
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's really cool! I'd like to do something like that.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol i LOVE that scene in death proof.. butterfly is cool!
good job, eddie. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PBG....forgot about that one...either Nova Scotia or Newfoundland...I'll have to double check....thanks.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
Dangit...some of those pics aren't showing anymore...ya'll get the idea tho

OH YEA....Butterfly was super hot! and I worship Kurt Russell so the Death Proof bar was quite the experience. Funny thing is it is actually a Chili Restaurant, with a bar as well...and its located in central Austin, and not as secluded like the movie plays it out.

Its always interesting to see locations how they really look....movie magic and tricks turn them into something else..

Bori
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7659

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bori   Email Bori   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Wilson:
Hey Bori...Eddie & The Cruisers was filmed in New Jersey...

Oh yeah, it was at the Jersey Shore. Thanks for refreshing my memory.
Posts: 14 | From: Elizabeth, NJ | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Hey Valley, did you take any pics of Fresh Horses locations? And did you find the railroad shack?
-------------------------------------------------

-

No railroad shack Nick, but the opening scene is shot from the Kentucky side of the Ohio River as you look at downtown Cincinnati all lit up back in 1987. You see it again later when Andrew McCarthy is parked under a bridge contemplating his situation. Here's my similar pic for it aka 2006:

-

The tailgating scene at the football game is at the University of Cincinnati's Nippert Stadium. They still play their games there.

-

The stair step concrete wall McCarthy & Stiller are on toward the middle of the film is the Serpentine Wall on the Ohio River side down by the riverboats. It is near the Cincinnati Red's new baseball park.

-

The place they went ice skating at the end of the movie is King's Island. They used to open King's Island on the weekends for what is called Winterfest during the off season. The huge pond at the entrance is turned into an ice skating rink. It is actually way cool because the rink is right in front of a miniature version of the Iffel Tower.

-

I mentioned this movie at work once and a buddy of mine said that his parents are friends with the people that own the house that was used to film the indoor pool party scene. Is that cool or what?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow -- what great pics... When the new locations section starts up, would you like to be involved and include your stuff on the relevent pages? [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I mentioned this movie at work once and a buddy of mine said that his parents are friends with the people that own the house that was used to film the indoor pool party scene. Is that cool or what?

WOW! Thats is cool! I wonder if some gentle investigation would lead to the address? (The new locations feature has provision for not revealing the address for privacy reasons) [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home