iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Favorite TV Shows (present day only) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite TV Shows (present day only)
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering what shows you guys are watching from todays TV. (not reruns, syndication or old TV shows)

Mine are:

Ghosthunters
Stargate Atlantis
Survivor
Man Vs. Wild
Survivorman
Mythbusters
Lost
Any new documentary about UFOs

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch very little TV lately...I'm quite busy and am trying to avoid "must see" TV, meaning, I know there are tons of shows that I would love to watch, but I hate the idea of having to catch my favorites on a regular basis....I do know about the digital recording features (watch when you want), but I'm just not there yet. When I'm clicking through channels, I do stop for Ghost Whisperer (I love Jennifer), and, I just recently started watching "Two And A Half Men". Watched an episode for the first time about six months ago, and, I would have bet a lot of money that it would have sucked...I was quite impressed...great writing, and, who'd a thunk...Charlie sheen has great comedic timing...in my opinion that is. 80's...I also like Survivorman....ever check out Mantracker?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Park
Man Vs. Wild
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Mythbusters
Family Guy
Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
80's...I also like Survivorman....ever check out Mantracker?

I've heard good things about it, but haven't seen it.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Park
Family Guy
Survivor
The Amazing Race
Hardball With Chris Matthews
Countdown With Keith Olberman
The Rachel Maddow Show

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold Case
One Tree Hill
Criminal Minds
Bones
NCIS
King of the Hill
CSI (NY more than the others)
Supernatural
American Idol
Celeb Fit Club (don't know if they'll do any more seasons or not)

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch waaaaaaay too much tv. I'll only name a few. And my NO.1 favorite show of all time is Rescue Me.
Cold Case
Amazing Race
Two and a Half Men
Without a Trace
CSI
Survivor
Celebrity Rehab (I'd love to do Rehab with Dr. Drew! [Wink]
Survivorman (I gotta go watch it now!)

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m so jealous.
I just don´t have time to watch anything.

I even missed the first part of
"The Sarah Connor Chronicles"
which just started here.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah thanks ladies for reminding me about

Cold Case

probably a little unbelievable that they always solve these old cases as easily as they do but the songs you hear during each episode is so cool

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch

Dancing with the Stars and that's about it...except I watch all the HGTV shows...like:

Designed to Sell
Get it Sold- (I really like Sabrina Soto)
Design on a Dime

I love:

Clean House -that's my favorite show.

Other than that...I watch no TV...except if it is on, and I happen to walk by, and then I might watch 5 minutes of something.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:

Cold Case

probably a little unbelievable that they always solve these old cases as easily as they do but the songs you hear during each episode is so cool

The music is one of the best things about the show, but it's also the reason why it's never been released on DVD. I'd love to have all the seasons.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my shows are:

the new 90210
america's next top model
how it's made
private sessions
reba re-runs
two & a half men
celebrity rehab
dancing with the stars
supernatural

and anything on the biography channel

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I forgot to add Sons of Anarchy. I wasn't sure I'd like it, being about a biker gang and all, but it is really good. Kinda like a biker gang mafia.
I also watch Psych, Burn Notice, and Saving Grace, all cable network shows but they are on hiatus.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:

Cold Case

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">The music is one of the best things about the show, but it's also the reason why it's never been released on DVD. I'd love to have all the seasons.

Love the music, and I like when they show the dead person at the end after the case has been solved.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monk's still at the top of my current list (and all-time list); you get the sense they're starting to slow down a little after 7 years as most shows tend to do, but everything's still solid most of the time. While fans are desperate for an even 10 seasons, I think one more would be really enough, as long as they use it to wrap up all the loose ends fans want to see settled (namely, clearing Natalie's husband of the cowardice charges against him for good, bringing Sharona back just one more time so we can get closure with the character, even if that means killing her off, allow Ambrose to see his father again after 40 years, and of course--preferably in the very last episode--revealing Trudy's killer).

Numb3rs is my second favorite, and they're still ticking along nice and strong. I was worried early on that they wouldn't have enough storylines to work on that would be math-related, but they've proved more than able in that regard, and the writing hasn't slacked a bit 5 years in, so as long as Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz feel game, they can go as long as they want.

Psych would be third; we've mentioned here in a couple of prior threads how well James Roday and the rest of the cast work, and of course the many 80s references add flavor to. Fourth would be Pushing Daisies, which unfortunately might not survive this season if ratings don't improve (they've already set up the last episode of the block so it could work as a finale if the ax falls). And fifth stays with The Price Is Right, still motoring along at least reasonably even though the current management has made a number of insanely imbecilic moves over the last year, perhaps most of all axing uberproducer Roger Dobkowitz after 35+ years. But even if things do crash, there's no denying it was one heck of a ride that very few shows can ever hope to dream about.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Survivor
America's Next Top Model
Australian Idol
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Lost
Heroes
Neighbours (have I no self respect?)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
house, supernatural, ghost hunters, fringe, american idol , kitchen nightmares, family guy, three and a half men, heroes, grey's anatomy dee [Cool] [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Late Night w Conan O'Brien
The Daily Show
Golf... whatever is on!
K-1... MA tournaments from Japan!
Viking... japanese live action game show!
The Hills... Don't ask!
South Park
educational stuff on History, Discovery, Nat. Geo etc.

And sometimes CSI:Miami... just to watch THE WORST ACTOR OF AAAALL TIIIME... David Caruso, trying to sound profound with every line he delivers. Im laughing my *** off over this guy... He's soooo baaad!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Simpsons...
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sons of Anarchy (wondering how long it will last though)
Family Guy
America's Most Wanted
How it's Made
Dirty Jobs
Ghost Hunters
And I always have CNN on somewhere in the house or at work. I am a news junkie.
Infomercials...yeah thats right!

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heroes
House
Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm noticing some selections of Family Guy niiiiiiiiiiceee. I also forgot to add The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, NFL football Thursday nights on NFL Network, football all day Sundays and Monday Night Football currently. Did anybody else used to watch The Man Show? Whatever happened to that?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
Sons of Anarchy (wondering how long it will last though)
Family Guy
America's Most Wanted
How it's Made
Dirty Jobs
Ghost Hunters
And I always have CNN on somewhere in the house or at work. I am a news junkie.
Infomercials...yeah thats right!

Eleanor, Sons of Anarchy has been one of the most successful cable televison shows, so I would bet on them bringing it back for a second season, hopefully in the Springtime!
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only one show on TV worth watching at the moment...

I'M A CELEBRITY...GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!

George Takei FTW!!!!!

I'm A Noms, Get Me In There!!!! [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - from a UK Perspective:

Top Gear
QI
Strictly Come Dancing (the original from which Dancing With The Stars was born)
I'm A Celebrity (with you on that one, NOMS, although it's rough viewing sometimes)
Time Team
Scrapheap Challenge

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home