iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » OMG!!! Chinese Democracy gets a release date (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OMG!!! Chinese Democracy gets a release date
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The long awaited Guns N Roses disc 'Chinese Democracy' finally gets a release date of November 23 2008 on my birthday no less.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27106927/?GT1=43001

So is this going to be worth the wait or is it going to suck really bad?

My vote is that it will SUCK

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know i've been reading about this release for months now. i've been waiting to hear the album..

don't care what anyone else says.. i love axl.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They played about 6 new tunes off of it when we saw them back in November 2006 I think it was. They sounded pretty good. I remember one of the tunes being called "Madagascar." I predict a world tour next summer with the old lineup maybe even a major festival or two. Robin Finck is back with Nine Inch Nails so it's a really good time to reunite. I should get my people to call Slash's people......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the leaked tracks ealier this year, it kind of had a prog feel to the material. Maybe it will be GnR's version of Kiss's the Elder. I'm intrigued nevertheless, I mean what does an album that cost 30 million to make sound like? If there are like 100 tracks that went into the making of it, they should just release a box set. Who is in the actual band now? Buckethead? Tommy Stinson?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Buckethead isn't I think Axl got ****ed at him and fired him awhile back. I keep hearing Stinson's gonna do a Replacements reunion so maybe it'll be an even better reason for a GnR reunion tour. When we saw them it looked like a Slipknot show with 9 or so people on stage at once........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought democracy would come to China long before the Chinese Democracy album was released.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

It probably still will.........
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious...I hope it's good. I'm sure I'll buy it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Offspring attempt to name an album Chinese Democracy but couldn't?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that was THE FOO FIGHTERS
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Nope it was The Offspring.........

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1470891/20030401/guns_n_roses.jhtml

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that the Dr Pepper company were going to give every American a free can of Dr Pepper if and when Chinese Democracy is released.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was if the album gets released in 2008 so as of now Dr. Pepper might be in trouble
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I'm still holding out for there to be an actual free China(communism falls) before the most postponed album in history will see the light of day. Actually Brian Wilson's Smile took decades.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"sources close to the situation told Billboard"

Doesn't seem that official to me.

I won't be holding my breath in anticipation...

Noms n Roses [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will beleve this when this is in bestbuy stores come on this axl rose we are dealing with now what this the 15th year hes bin wortking on this recording i gave up hope of ever seeing this cd back in 1996/1997 seeing is beleeving on this one
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read this morning that the release date is official. and that dr. pepper is going ahead with giving the free cans of soda away.

i heard one of the singles from the new album. and a lot of people are hating it - BIGTIME. but i'm loving it haha.
don't know the name of the track i heard though? [Confused]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ok the song i heard was CHINESE DEMOCRACY... shoulda known. it's already getting radio play, awesome. [Smile]
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen Steven Adler on CELEBITY REHAB???? Good gravy!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

They've been playing the title track "Chinese Democracy" on the rock station at Music Choice and I must say that I'm very underwhelmed. The instrumentation sounds pretty darn good but Axl's vocals suck. Just like the first incarnation of GNR Axl is the weak link. Slash, Izzy, Dizzy, Steven, Matt, & Duff carried you the first time Axl and looks like your new band will have to do the same.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
They have been playing the single since last week on the radio. The album has been getting decent reviews, don't know what to think of the new sound but it's more of a miracle it got released after all these years. Anyone in the US going to get their free Dr.Pepper tomorrow?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I don't know how to go about getting my free Dr. Pepper, I guess the company is going to go through with their promise but not aware how to collect.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did anyone pick up the album aand a Doc. pepper? I saw the album today and almost picked it up then I realised the new Killers came out today and I got that.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a Dr. Pepper and they gave me a free CD. [Big Grin]

Just kidding....I didn't get it yet.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
"I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen." -Say Anything. [Big Grin]

What are the guys from Velvet Revolver doing, now that Scott Weiland went back to Stone Temple Pilots?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home