iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My Packers.... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Packers....
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big game this weekend for NYG's against the Eagles. Should be a great game.

brady Quinn looks pretty good in his debut for the Browns right now. Although the Broncos have closed the gap, actually Denver has the lead now.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang did you see the points Jay Cutler and Eddie Royal threw up? A combined 63 points for my fantasy team!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutler racked up some incredible yardage in the second half of the game. It was his fifth 4th quarter comeback, in an Elway-like performance. I really thought it was the Browns game, but Winslow's fumble really cost them.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Adrian Peterson ran roughshod over the Packers yesterday. What a great back. Very close, wish this was televised in my area.

I'm watching the 49ers-Cardinals game right now. You know what? i might have to take my 49ers stuff out of the mothballs, they look decent and Mike Singletary looks as confident a coach there as I've seen in a long time. Hope they can pull this one out.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Watching Cowboys-Ravens right now, nothig like Saturday night football with a marquee matchup like this.

Some good games tomorrow, Pittsburgh@Tenessee should be a good one.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Titans!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, I'm bummed that we can't see the Steelers-Titans game here, we get the regional NY/Buffalo/New England area games, and as you can see the Pats are pasting the Cardinals.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to send a special shout out to all the Cowboys fans. How bout them Dallas Cowboys LMAO????????
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, can we line up for the chance to detonate Texas Stadium? Seriously, they only got into playoff position because they got a schedule stacked with weaklings; against real competition, they've proved largely flat, so if the cards fall the wrong way for them next week--as I would hope since it is Philadelphia for them--it's possible all their millions and millions could earn them last place where their immorality deserves to put them. And even if they do make it, their poor mentality as such have ensured they'll be losers even if they do end up with the Lombardi trophy (conversely, Philly may not make it--it's still possible if everything goes right, so we need Oakland to come through--but I think how well they've chosen to go down fighting rather than give in has shown how much of real champions they are, world title or no world title, even if the fans inexplicably no longer seem to care for 4th and 26 and the other bright moments (but not I; I'll always appreciate the good the Reid-McNabb team's done over the last decade, and in time even the most uptight fans will)).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's wonderful that the Patriots did not have home field advantage or a first-round bye. Hee hee!! They'll probably get in the playoffs (may've already) after the Cardinal slaughter yesterday.

Motley, I knew you'd be happy about the Cowboy azz kicking yesterday!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
When did the Cowboys get dubbed America's team anyway?

Did you see that Giants-Panthers game last night? I can't belive Carolina lost, they had it, the extra score, those dasterdly NYG's get it done again.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Yah it's a good week when the Cowboys lose. Eff you Terrell Owens keeps on dividing the team with your antics if it causes results like this lol!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Another great game tonight. Chicago made some amazing defensive stops near the end of the game. Still in the playoff hunt, although they need a little help.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Wow, Cowboys haters rejoice everywhere. Did they play like crap or what? Looks like Sam's Vikings go against the Eagles for the wild card next week. Dolphins win, and Favre and his Jets and the 11-5 Patriots miss the post-season.

Detroit didn't win a game this year. and TB collapsed at the end of the year.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Good job Cowboys! Congrats Terrell and team on an outstanding season. Wade Philips and probably several others will be out of a job after this week. I sort of feel sorry for Philips as he's pretty much a puppet/tool as to what Jerry Jones wants but then again I don't cause it is the Cowboys. Panthers barely squeaked by looks like they'll be playing the winner of Arizona/Atlanta.....
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
When did the Cowboys get dubbed America's team anyway?

Did you see that Giants-Panthers game last night? I can't belive Carolina lost, they had it, the extra score, those dasterdly NYG's get it done again.

The Dallas Cowboys got dubbed America's team back in the 70's when guys like Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson, and Ed 'too tall' Jones played for them. Which brings to the movie "North Dallas Forty" which was loosely based on those days.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Detroit has to be the worst team ever.

Tampa Bay in their first season also went winless. However that was only a 14 game schedule compared to a 16 game schedule like this season. Also when Tampa went winless was way before the current free agency and it seemed like the same 10 teams won every season where currently the league is much more balanced from top to bottom. Tampa also could be forgiven since they were an expansion team where the Lions of this season is one of the oldest organizations in the league.

Yup, worst pro team ever.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Cris Collinsworth who played against them still says the 76 Buccaneers were the worst ever. As for worst pro team ever I'm going to have to do some research on that. The 1974-75 Washington Capitals were god-awful too.

It's such a shame about the Lions. Haven't had a franchise QB since Bobby Layne in the 50's. Since Barry Sanders surprise retirement they have been going so down hill. They have a good receiver in Calvin Johnson, but that's about it.

So the Chargers make the playoffs, whoda thunk? Lucky their division was so awful.

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, who's up for firing Reid and McNabb now? Second time in 3 years they've beaten the odds and made the second season after everybody wrote them off--and by completely humiliating their mortal enemy too (for a while there it looked more like a Mel Brooks comedy going on there than a football game). Even if they fade out from here on (and really not that many NFC competitors look overly impressive going in, so who knows how far they'll go), they've accomplished all I've hoped.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Did someone say THE PATRIOTS miss the post-season?????!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Say what you want about them, and I'm not a huge Belichek fan either after spygate, but there's something wrong when an 11-5 team doesn't make it to the post-season. In Brady's absence what Matt Cassel did was pretty impressive.

Bring on the Bowl games, anything good on tonight?

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I heard something on one of the sports shows today about Brady having an infection in his knee and maybe missing 2009 too. Cassel's gonna get a big payday somewhere. My friend said if Brady doesn't make it back Pats have the option of franchising Cassel for $14 million for one year. I hadn't saw enough yet to convince me he's New England's savior good record or not...
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
This is the year of the backup QB. es[ecially in Atlanta. Didn't hear that about Brady, that would be a real disaster. Cassel will surely get a big payday, I wonder if Romo's job will be safe? The Browns and Lions got rid of their coaches, wonder who is next.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Here's a link to a Brady story.....

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=501203

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Call me b!tchy, but I detest New England, Tom Brady and the coach, so if Brady doesn't come back next year oh well. Sorry his knee's infected, but again, oh well. The Jets also fired their coach. I think some of the teams wanted Bill Cower (sp?). Right now he's got a cushy desk job at CBS...would he come out of retirement for that?

I agree with what Motley said before. My dad's said for years that the majority of Dallas' problems comes from Jerry Jones. I think he needs to step back and let his coaches do their jobs. Remember when they got Deion Sanders and paid him a buttload of money? Deion was a good player, dont' get me wrong, but I never thought he was actually as good as what HE and Jerry Jones thought he was. He wasn't Dallas' saving grace, that's for sure.

And while we're on the subject of football, and I'm on a good rant, LOL, another thing that p!sses me off is all this talk about Plaxico Burress and what an 'idiot' he is, blah blah blah. So he shot himself. He didn't hurt anyone else. There's been players who have done, or have been accused of doing much, much worse (can we say Ray Lewis?). Anyway, I think the media needs to lay off Plaxico. So he wears too much 'bling' and needed protection...maybe next time he'll take it off, LOL.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home