iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Lohans and Kardashians (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lohans and Kardashians
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't doubt Ray worked hard, but alot of her recipes are borrowed from others (ask chef Anthony Bourdain) and she didn't really hit stardom until Oprah associated with her.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...well I am sure some of her recipes are borrowed...everyone's are...if they came up with every new recipe on their own...that would be
pretty amazing.

She was doing at least 3 TV shows on the Food Channel...she did $40 a day- where she travelled all over the world, and ate for the whole day for $40...and she did 30 minute meals, and then she did "Tasty Travels".

I am pretty sure she still does at least 2 of them...plus her talk show....I have no idea where they ever find time to cook in real life.

Paula Dean is the same way....because once they hit super stardom...then they have photo shoots...commercials, interviews, publicity engagements...it is endless...and demanding....

My friend asked me if I would want to do a TV show in the Washington DC area...and I said...no way...I'd die... I have no problem talking...but talking and cooking at the same time...the whole time your doing stuff...without stuttering...that in itself is an amazing accomplishment. Rachel Ray never shut up....I have always been amazed by people being able to do that.

I can have friends sitting at stools in my kitchen and I can talk to them and cook at the same time, but I could never try and explain out loud what I was doing...every step of the way.

So...I believe anyone who makes it big in the food industry...with or without their own recipes...they deserve it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't. It's the same as a musician making it big by using samples of someone else's music: unoriginal.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well....look at making a pizza ...it has 4 ingredients in it...but everyone does it different.

I always find it fascinating...how everyone can make macaroni and cheese completely different...everyone can make mashed potatoes different....

so...those things are not original...but you can make them your own...by the way you do things.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home