iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Favre to Jets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favre to Jets
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/08/07/favre.jets.ap/index.html?&eref=ib_topstories

Packers better hope Aaron stays healthy......

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a lot of Packer fans who probably burned their Favre jerseys today. The Viking fan in me smiles.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the jets will still be terrible. and that will make me happy.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as his destination wasn't Dallas, that's all that matters to me.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even know whom the Jets receivers are, he had some good one in GB, not sure if he will have that support in the big apple. But already Favre is the toast of the town, 3,000 jerseys sold already. NY loves a superstar.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it will help the Jets. It certainly won't help the Packers. I'm glad. They knocked my Seahawks out of the playoffis last year.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cotchery and Coles are decent receivers but there's gonna be no calling hike and staying back in the pocket for what seemed like hours like the Packers days. I don't think he'll help the Jets........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jericho Cotchery appears to be the Jets receiver that will benefit the most. Which is fine by me since I already had him on one of my fantasy teams. I also added Favre to that same team to go along with Brady & Eli. I am now able to deal a QB and upgrade my team elsewhere.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the "Frozen Tundra" and I'm in a world of hurt right now. We have season tickets and I still plan on using them this year but it wont be the same with Rodgers as QB.

Favre was the starter for half of my life and now he's gone. [Frown] I dont agree with the Packer's at all, and I'm left with a very sick feeling in my stomach. I miss him already. Hope he does well in New York.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hey Ali, we here in NYC were glad to see him come here. The funny thing is that he is on the cover of all the Madden 09 games, in a Green Bay Uniform. I feel bad though, It would be like Marino going to another team.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh...the jinx of the video game cover. We'll see.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Dang Sam I wish I knew you played fantasy we could have played together. I got Adrian Peterson and Brandon Jacobs as my backs and Brady at QB and Wes Welker, Patrick Crayton, and Greg Jennings as receivers. I had Coles last year from the Jets and it was a lonnnnnng year........
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

here's my two teams both through Yahoo!

Team 1
Brady QB
Harrison WR
Cotchery WR
Driver WR
L. Johnson RB
Jacobs RB
Daniels TE
Dawson K
Minnesota DEF
McFadden BENCH
Turner BENCH
E. Manning BENCH
Favre BENCH
Crayton BENCH
Baltimore BENCH

Team 2
Roethlisberger QB
Marshall WR
Bowe WR
Berrian WR
Addai RB
L. Johnson RB
Daniels TE
Crosby K
Minnesota DEF
Jacobs BENCH
S. Young BENCH
D, Williams BENCH
Garard BENCH
Burleson BENCH
Indianapolis BENCH

odybtx
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for odybtx   Email odybtx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
the jets will still be terrible. and that will make me happy.

That remains to be seen.... they won their first pre-season game. However, that IS only pre-season, so it means nothing. We'll see if Brett still has it or not. [Wink]
Posts: 12 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odybtx
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for odybtx   Email odybtx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
I live in the "Frozen Tundra" and I'm in a world of hurt right now. We have season tickets and I still plan on using them this year but it wont be the same with Rodgers as QB.

Favre was the starter for half of my life and now he's gone. [Frown] I dont agree with the Packer's at all, and I'm left with a very sick feeling in my stomach. I miss him already. Hope he does well in New York.

I think all of this was handled poorly. I'm a "Packer Girl" by birth, and the whole situation was a mess from start to finish. This will be an interesting season to say the least. It has me upset as well, but I can see GB's side as well as Brett's.
Posts: 12 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odybtx
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
As long as his destination wasn't Dallas, that's all that matters to me.

hahahaha.... if he had landed here, that would have been something else!

So long as it wasn't Chicago or Minnesota. THAT would have been bad.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother has gone from being a huge Packers fan (she just loves Brett) to hating them. I told her she was going to have to wear Jets green now. Brett doesn't have much to play with here. I think Chad Pennington could've been a better QB if he'd just had someone to play WITH. I was hoping Brett would go to da Bears, cause they sure need a QB.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I can't believe the Jets let Pennington go and kept Kellen. How dumb can you be? Pennington has already signed with the Dolphins....
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, we'll take Favre in Kansas City! It couldn't get any worse... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do know that by saying it can't get any worse, it probably now will.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT!!! That's just superstition... Hey, wait, my cat just puked on the floor... Again! Hmmmm..... maybe there IS something to this... [Big Grin]

You crack me up...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'd rather see Favre with the Jets than with Dallas. I'd douse my Favre jersey in kerosene and light it if he graced the field with T.O........

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home