iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » where would you go? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: where would you go?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you could go anywhere outside you respective country where would you like to visit the most?

my top 10
*Ireland
*Greek Isles
*New Zealand
*Prague
*Vienna
*Istanbul
*Chile
*Germany
*Norway
*China

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outerspace. No, I'm not kidding.

Around here, Ireland would be awesome. Italy too, or Norway. I would also love to see Egypt and the Pyramids. I was always fascinated with ancient Egypt and the secrets of the Pyramids, Sphinx, etc.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any of those places sound awesome, been stuck in North America my whole lifetime!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking Norway! There seems to be alot of nice people over there....my foreign exchange student finally wrote back to me. It was so awesome. He has a really awesome job over there, and he invited me to visit him. So cool. Bandit helped me find him....so how cool was that! From the photos I have seen of Bandit's place...it looks amazing over there.

I am hoping that this next spring I am going to go to Bermuda....that really is the one and only place I ever really cared about going to. I always wanted to see the Pink sand beaches.

My son has never flown ever....so I think it's about time we did. I said after I turned 40...that nothing will scare me anymore...and I will take more risks...I hated flying when I went to Hawaii...so I never got back on a plane after that.

I always thought Scotland and Ireland would be beautiful to visit.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many places that I want to go to, like Australia and New Zealand for example, but at the moment, the place that is highest on my priority list would be southern Africa (Namibia, Botswana, South Africa).
I have been there on several business trips and I know many people who have visited these countries, and it is such a uniquely beautiful place with a landscape and nature that can't be compared to any other place in the world.
But I am afraid that in a few years, you won't be able to travel in these countries anymore because the economy and the social stability, and with it the safety, is caught in a bad downward spiral. South Africa is really going downhill, and fast, so before this area of the world is no longer safe to visit, I really want to go there.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool that a few of you mentioned Norway [Cool]

I have been a few places.Egypt?One trip was enough..

What i really would like,is to visit the us.Rent a bike not any of that Japanese stuff i have owned ,but a big bad Harley.And do a few sections of route 66.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see:

Ireland
England
Scotland
All of Europe actually
Japan
Most of Asia
Australia would be awesome (yo stitch)
Hawaii
Most any tropical island would be cool

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:

What i really would like,is to visit the us.

Cool bandit. You can come here and stay at my place while I go there and stay at your place. This way it saves us both a ton of money!

BTW, what was the problem with Egypt?

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dream was to travel to America. I almost made it too... after saving for many years I was gonna fly over during the Sydney Olympics, buy a car in LA and drive all over, eventually ending up in NY before flying home again. But alas, I used all the money I saved up to buy my house. A good investment sure, but not as much fun as the trip of a lifetime!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Italy
Greece
Egypt
Fiji
Hawaii (going in September!)

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No place. I can't afford it. Economy stinks, gas prices rising. Forget it. I'll just have a "staycation", and watch travel shows on TV. It's cheaper that way.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing wrong with that. That's what alot of people in my area are doing. Although I like to travel, some times it's nice to just sit back at home, watch movies, be away from work, go to the pool, and drink the beverage of one's choice....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody wants to come to London?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:

Hehe, I thought we were supposed to mention places we haven't been to yet.
London of course is always worth a trip, I think it's the coolest capital in Europe, so much more fun than for example Paris (although Paris might be ok minus the Parisians).

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked.I just don`t want to travel someplace were i got 20 people following me down the streets trying to sell me everything.It just really gets on my nerves.There was also another incident,long story [Karate Kid]

If we were to exchange houses for a week or two 80'sRocked,that would include me entrusting you with my dear Pet Also i expext you to trust me with your little black book [Big Grin]

BTW.I also want to visit london [Smile]

[ 25. July 2008, 08:05: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deathbystereo80:
Hehe, I thought we were supposed to mention places we haven't been to yet.
London of course is always worth a trip, I think it's the coolest capital in Europe, so much more fun than for example Paris (although Paris might be ok minus the Parisians).

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Paris is OK - been there a few times. First time was back in '89, coinciding with both the 200th anniversary of the French Revolution and the 100th anniversary of the Eiffel Tower, so there was loads of cool stuff going on.

But yeah - even though I live right nearby, London is cool. Even for a local!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to Paris in '94, and besides the Eiffel tower, the Notre Dame Church, the Louvre and Jim Morrison's grave, I hated it! Hated the food, the people was every bit as rude and pretentious as their reputation, and There were also so many gypsies and beggars that I though I landed in some third world country!

I wanna go to Hong Kong and japan!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
Completely agree with you Jaylee - as far as rudeness goes, Paris is certainly the capital of the world. I have never in any country or in any city experienced people as rude and unfriendly as in Paris, and I have travelled a lot.
I went there in '93 and hated it, but gave it another chance in '02. And still hated it.

Sorry, now back to topic. [Embarrassed]

I've been to the US many times, but have never managed to see Las Vegas. I'd love to spend a couple of days (or rather - nights) there, because I don't think there's anything like elsewhere. I love neon lights. [Big Grin]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:

Hey, I included England in my list... I would love to see London... I'll bring you something nice... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outer space as well. I'm being fair dinkum.

I would visit England to say nothing of the United States of America. I would look up Finland to see a certain Rewinder, also.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm quite happy living in Holland.

But in 2004 i got stuck in the Paris nightlife for some time (..don't ask questions about that..)
,and i have to say i had a really great time there despite the language barrier.

I don't care much about historical places, Big Bens, Eiffel Towers, pyramids or deserts..
but i'm always up for checking out the foreign nightlife. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean about Paris nightlife. I went on a Contiki tour a couple of years back. We started in London and our first stop was in Paris. I went out that night and almost chucked in the whole trip after that. I didn't want to leave.

I would like to check out Scandinavia cos I have been to most places in Europe. Perhaps Spain too. I am not sure if I would want to go to America. Seems like a lot of murders there.

By the way i don't rate my own country of Australia either. There is zero culture and the people are very rude too. It is a good place economically livable place though.

I thought the nicest place I have been to was Austria in the winter time. The country is so beautiful. I felt like dancing and singing the hills are alive with the sound of Griswold.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie - My wife and I are trying to plan a trip to Germany and Austria. I think we are going to go to Oktober Fest this year for a few days! I'd love to get any input on places to go in Austria. When we are there I think we are just looking to relax, see a few small mountain towns and soak in the views.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one place I went to in Austria was a little town called Hopfgarten. They are probably a dime a dozen but I could not get over how beautiful the countryside was. It just looked like a place you could retire and live in a wooden cabin and fish out of the lakes and chop wood for an open fire.I also went paragliding there too. It is safe and it is fun. Well worth the experience. Also the white water rafting is great too but the water is friggin cold. You will not regret the scenery in the Austrian countryside. It is the most beautiful thing ever.

I am sure you will have fun in Munich. I actually just missed the Oktoberfest by a couple of weeks but I am sure you will have a blast doing that. Just don't do anything Clark Griswold would do.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha!!! I will watch European Vacation several times before going there!!

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep you posted once we come up with a plan. Hopefully it all works out!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home