iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Thrifting, hunting, etc.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thrifting, hunting, etc.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What have you been on the hunt for? I have been searching the local thrift stores and antiques&collectibles stores for two hard to find DVDs: Rich Kids (1979) and True Love (1989). No luck yet, but I did find out there is a new antiques/collectibles mall not far from us. Fingers crossed.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrift stores are few and far between in my area so ebay is the best choice for me.

They have Rich Kids for $15.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rich-Kids-DVD-1979-/185656922815?pageci=87432ed7-ef53-4fc4-871e-64f658cdb7cf&epid=28046034718&redirect=mobile

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, thanks! I think I like the thrill of the hunt the most. I remember a few years back, and I think I posted something here at the Rewind about it: a video store must have closed up and donated all of their vhs and some DVDs to our local Salvation Army store. I didn’t know Vhs or dvds were rare. I think I asked here and went back and looked, but I didn’t score anything rare.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, there is a thrill and satisfaction when you make an effort to find something, just buying it online is lazy 😀
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many hard to find VHS. Demand is a big factor in value and timing. Im just like you Pittsburghgirl. I love the hunt. Its getting harder and harder to find rare ones as i think the majority of people have already donated or trashed their vhs collection. The hayday was 15-20 years ago when rental stores were closing and many hard to find videos were up for grabs for less than b$5. It was magnificent!! Keep trying though. I know I will.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen how much a Goonies vhs is going for on ebay? Its ridiculous.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Dang, no I haven’t checked. I should see if I own one. I have two plastic tote containers full of vhs. I did find a few rare ones in a St. Vincent de Paul thrift store in my hometown a few years ago . One is still in the wrapper. Sometimes that place can be a gold mine.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Mmmmm. Sounds delectable Pittsburghgirl. Do you ever do any estate saleing. Not necessarily for vhs but just for anything that might interest you
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Went to a few thrift stores today with my Husband. Didn’t have a huge score, but did buy a few things. Still on the hunt for True Love, and I have all but given up on finding Rich Kids. Lol. I’m also looking for a book titled Ordinary Heroes. It’s about 9/11 and written by Battalion Chief Joseph Pfeiffer, who was also featured in a documentary about 9/11. I know I should probably just break down and buy it on EBay or Thriftbooks.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I couldn’t remember what I picked yesterday. Here’s a few: The Falcon and the Snowman, The Great Gatsby (Robert Redford version), Best of Gallagher, and Step Into Liquid. I have not seen any of them before except for Falcon and the Snowman.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Picked up a few albums yesterday for $2 each! Moody Blues, Steve Winwood, Art Garfunkel and Spyro Gyra which I will give to my brother in law. The Steve Winwood album brings back so many great 1980’s memories!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

What kind o turn table you have. Is it modern or something vintage
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I have to ask my Husband. It’s a nice one

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home