iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Kino Lorber's september / october line-up is pretty strong : Vigilante Force, Defiance,
Savage Weekend, Burnt Offerings, Slam Dance, Modern Girls, and Heart Of Midnight.

First reviews for Vigilante Force and Defiance are up :

www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/69522/vigilante-force/

www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/69508/defiance/

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

picked up charlie's farm on blu ray yesterday which is an aussie outback horror in same vein as the friday the 13th's,texas chainsaw massacre series and features man mountain nathan jones (6 foot 11") who appeared not long back in mad max fury road and also stars tara reid of american pie fame.

enjoyable horror this which is a bit of a slow burner with not a lot really happening for the first hour or so but with it then seriously kicking into gear for the final 30 and featuring some outrageously gory kill scenes and many a suspenseful moment.

https://youtu.be/wjshevdOimI - charlie's farm trailer.

definitely worth checking out and one of my better blind buys of late!

-

one thing i've just noticed is on the pic (above top) it states - 7 foot tall and 170lbs and then on the other posters it states 7 foot tall and 375lbs.

all i can think off is he must have slimmed down for the uk version [Big Grin]

i'll have to check my blu ray cover in a bit to see if it carries the same typing error.

-

from the pound shop in my local town centre of canterbury i picked up this 2014 comedy - behaving badly on dvd which stars selena gomez,nat wolff,elisabeth shue,heather graham,dylan mcdermott,gary busey,cary elwes and mary louise parker.

for just 1 uk pound this was not to bad actually and even though it starts off pretty badly(first couple of minutes i thought oh no i've got me a stinker here) it soon quickly picks up and there's a good few funny moments through out and it also features a pretty cool soundtrack plus seeing elisabeth shue playing a cougar i think is worth the cheap purchase alone.

so it's far from perfect but for just 1 uk pound i can't complain!

also on order i have

-

double bill of 80s horror from scream factory - cellar dweller and catacombs,i know cellar dwellar is not one of the strongest releases from the empire pictures back catalogue but i've always had a bit off a soft spot for it and catacombs is one i've never had chance to check out so i'm looking forward to giving that one a view.

the thing i always noticed about vigilante force johnny was that in the states it was awarded just a pg rating where as here in the uk the theatrical rating was an - x certificate and that it was even banned in some countries.

Talk about extremes!

vigilante force Certification:

Australia:R / Finland:(Banned) / Iceland:16 / New Zealand:(Banned) / Norway:18 / Norway:16 (1978) / Sweden:(Banned) / UK:18 (cut) / UK:X (theatrical rating) (uncut) / USA:PG / West Germany:18

[ 06. September 2015, 08:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got these:

The Irishman (1978)

-

Bloodrage (1979)

-

The Gambler Collection which includes:

Kenny Rogers as The Gambler (1980) and Kenny Rogers as The Gambler: The Adventure Continues (1983) plus Coward of the County (1981)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of Bounds (1986) on VHS with Anthony Michael Hall. I had never seen this one and thought it was decent. As soon as I saw him playing around with the knife
I was asking myself, how long into the movie it was going to be before he used it one someone - it's so pathetic and pretty bad when you see a country boy with assassin type skills with a knife for no apparent reason whatsoever other than to create some sort of narrative for a later scene.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Finally got Reckless on DVD. Took me a loooong time. My god, Daryl was the bomb in 84. Now she's with Neil Young and ruined her face. Aidan Quinn is great in this.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pick, Riptide.. You can't go wrong with that one ! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

picked up another double bill of horror from scream factory - the outing aka the lamp and the godsend.

the outing (the lamp) is a very cheesy but really fun 80s horror with some pretty cool effects,quite gory in parts as well,never seen - the godsend which was put out by cannon pictures in 1980 and i believe stars donald pleasance's daughter!

daryl hannah looked great in reckless,pity she didn't choose to age more gracefully as i'm sure she'd look a 100 times better than what she does now after numerous cosmetic procedures!

-

i think something went wrong!

it says in the article there is hope for her yet [Confused]
what is she going to start all over again

[ 21. August 2015, 17:21: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Bit of a mixed bunch but this is what I've picked up over the last couple of months,think there's a couple of titles I've missed but if I remember I'll take pics and add them.

Watched- into the grizzly maze the other night starring James Marsden,Thomas Jane,Scott glen and billy bob thorton and thought it was a lot of fun and if your fan of these man vs nature type of flicks obviously the classic jaws springs to mind and the likes of - ghost and the darkness,grizzly etc I think chances are you'd probably enjoy it!

Charlie's farm was a lot of fun as well and for a modern day slasher I'd say it's definitely a cut above and where as some of my blind buys don't work out so good this was one of the better ones in a while.

Also I've started putting most of my dvds, blu rays in these dust cover sleeves now,the only ones I can't get in them is the dvds with slipcases on or some of the bigger steel books,but there ever so cheap for the amount you get and at least protect your covers from dust and spills.

-

[ 27. August 2015, 08:27: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

also just picked up 1985 comedy drama - fandango starring kevin costner and judd nelson,saw it going really cheap (just over 2 uk pounds for a new region 1 us import dvd) so i thought at that price even though i've never seen it before it it's well worth the gamble as i've heard some pretty good things about it and i'm pretty sure that chances are i will like it as i'm a big fan of both costner and judd nelson.

[ 30. August 2015, 04:50: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Princess Bride (1987) VHS for 50 cents. Bargain!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inconceivable! LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I've just received another one of my notoriously huge packages full of brand new imports ! [Big Grin]

From Shout Factory : Nomads (blu-ray), The Howling 2 (blu-ray), The Editor (combopack), and Shocker (blu-ray).

From Kino Lorber : Miracle Mile (blu-ray), Zone Troopers (blu-ray), Vigilante Force (blu-ray), and Defiance (blu-ray).

From Mondo Macabro : Tango Of Perversion (dvd) and its companion piece The Wife Killer (dvd).

-

From Arrow UK : Nightmare City (combopack, which features two different restorations)

Plus, as always, the latest batch of Vinegar Syndrome releases, including this one :

-

The Young Like It Hot / Sweet Young Foxes (both from 1983), blu-ray + dvd combopack limited to only 2000 pcs.

If you read the following review, it'll probably become very clear why this was an essential purchase for me :

www.10kbullets.com/reviews/s/young-like-it-hot-sweet-young-foxes/

I mean, how cool is that ?!! [Cool]

Me very happy again.. poor, but happy ! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Some great pick ups johnny,I'd like to watch the howling 2 again,remember the last time I watched I was in tears of laughter at how completely bonkers it all was,also not seen nomads for a while so would like to check that out again.

Definitely like to pick up shocker,zone troopers is daft as anything but a lot of fun and vigilante force and defiance are pretty cool as well.

Never seen miracle mile or the editor and I'd definitely think I'd remember if I'd seen the two peekarama titles.

I've just picked up a couple of us imports,well there on there way to me as we speak.

-

1980 horror the nesting on blu ray from blue underground which I picked up for just over 6 UK pounds

-

Also from blue underground the excellent 1981 horror dead and buried on blu ray again just over 6 UK pounds.

-

And lastly yet again from blue underground I picked up maniac cop 2 on blu ray for slightly more expensive than the other two this was just under 9 UK pounds.

A few blu rays i'm looking at picking up at some point when funds allow - I madman,deadly eyes,psycho 2 & 3,intruder,avenging force,revenge of the ninja,first power,body double,class of 1984,phantom of the opera,to live and die in l.a,death hunt,breakheart pass,dead heat,hooper,the package and running scared (1986).

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supercool stuff guys! I´m pretty sure my bro has ordered the Peekarama double too, He also got Fast Cars Fast Women/Starship Eros double a while ago.

Maniac Cop 2 is better than the original, i don´t have it and i want to see it again so badly.
Nomads is great, Miracle Mile is a classic (be sure u check it out, warrior) and Nightmare City is just hilarious. Never seen Zone Troopers or The Nesting

I think that i´m finally going to watch Dead & Buried this weekend.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

definitely check out zone troopers atomik as i reckon you'll get quite a kick out of it,seriously daft but immensely entertaining with the great tim thomerson and timothy van patten i wouldn't mind picking this up on blu ray myself actually!

-

let us know what - the editor is like johnny when you get chance as i'm reading some pretty positive reviews,looks like something i would definitely like.

-

i will definitely check out miracle mile soon as i've heard nothing but great things and would also like to check out the director Steve De Jarnatt's earlier sci fi adventure - cherry 2000 as well.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

picked up a couple of cheap dvds from my local asda superstore earlier,got both of these for 3 uk pounds.
van damme's latest direct to dvd offering - pound of flesh and punishment aka bootcamp which i have seen before which i enjoyed plus it has the bonus of featuring the excellent band of horses song - the funeral - https://youtu.be/cMFWFhTFohk on the soundtrack.

-

[ 08. September 2015, 10:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Oh, i also got this one recently :

-

L'été Meurtrier (1983)

I saw this on Belgian TV once, and for years i couldn't remember the title. Very happy i finally found it !

Isabelle Adjani is absolutely stunning in this one. Check out the dvd-trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iyWQy7PQw

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Johnny watching all these films like tango perversion,the young like it hot,sweet young foxes and one deadly summer I've got a feeling your blu ray player is going to overheat!
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I'm pretty sure the blu-ray player can take it.. but the question is : Can I take it ?? [Big Grin]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny Warrior.

$1 each for Johnny Be Good

the In crowd

Hiding out with Jon Cryer

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Hiding out is a lot of fun,I liked the other Jon cryer film he done around the same time - Morgan Stewart's coming home, have you ever seen that one before terd?

if not I reckon you should track it down As i reckon chances are you would probably Like as it'pretty good fun,what's the in crowd like any good?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree Warrior, Hiding Out was a fun flick. My boy watched it with me and I heard him tell his mom that he loved it. Awesome. Noticed a goof in the fight scene at the end. I will turn it into the head honchos hopefully tonight to be posted on its goofs page.

Morgan Stewart is Coming home. I love that movie. I like it better than Hiding Out. I have a couple copies around here on VHS of course, 1 is still brand new and unopened.

Another movie that reminds me of Hiding Out is Plain Clothes. A cop goes undercover in a high school. The lead role is Arlyss Howard who went to high school right down the road from here. I might watch it tonight. Have you seen it Warrior?

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've got plain clothes on blu ray,I like it but not sure whether I like it as much as hiding out,it's good fun though and we'll worth checking out.

I think I find Morgan stewart's coming home the funniest of the three,I only watched that for the first time this year as I picked up the us DVD and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it,I thought it was really good!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the sub-genre of 'undercover at high school' movies. FYI; the latest release of 'Plain Clothes' on DVD / Blu Ray has a commentary by the director (Martha Coolidge - also Directed Valley Girl and Real Genius).
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
New stuff:

Soldier Blue (1970)

-

Tommy Boy (1995)

-

To the Limit (1995)

-

Fugitive Mind (1999)

-

Femme Fatales seasons 1 & 2 (2011,2012)

-

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home