iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » So...what's everyone been up to? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So...what's everyone been up to?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I don't think my husband would ever leave that pinball museum! He was the pinball wiz when he was a kid!

Your husband's name isn't Tommy, by any chance ? [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the way back from Budapest today but while there i watched from the movie channel the 2015 comedy Sisters which was quite good fun,Daddy's Home with Will Ferrel and Mark Wahlberg which was good for a few laughs plus I also watched Flashdance for the first time ever and found it to be a lot better than what I was expecting,i quite enjoyed it actually and thought it was both very well shot and stylishly directed by Adrian Lyne.

Jennifer Beals looked really great also and I liked the Pittsburgh locations as well as most of the musical numbers!

My 9 year old son watched Alvin And The Chipmunks - Road Chip and The Peanut's Movie that looked from what I watched good fun!

-

This was the indoor pool at the hotel that I stayed at which I thought looked pretty decent!

[ 03. August 2016, 16:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
AWESOME!!!!!!!! A pinball museum! are you kidding me! That's a bucket list candidate for the terd. There used to be an Addams Family pinball machine around these parts. It was pretty good.

Did you play them all YW?

I looked up the site online and they have competitions.

There was so many in there Terd I would have been there for an age,they also had classics like Space Invaders,Mortal Kombat,Terminator - 2 person shooter,Air Hockey etc.etc.

The Pinball machines I remember playing were Freddy's Dead,BeetleJuice,The Simpson's,Elvira (which was a cool one),The Adams Family, Batman,Family Guy etc there was absolutely loads and the good thing was it was pay once and play anything for as long as you liked or for as long as the place stayed open!

Pittsburghgirl your husband would have thought that he'd died and gone to heaven if he spent the day in there!

[ 04. August 2016, 12:56: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend and I drove to Maryland for a much needed long weekend. We stayed with my friend from college, and a whole group of us hit the Ocean City boardwalk for eating and bar hopping! On Sunday we had lunch at the Crabcake Factory Bayside in Fenwick Island, Delaware, adjacent to Ocean City. I love that place. It has the most beautiful views. Then we went to Fishtales for a few beers, then back to my friend's house to watch the Arizona - New England game. I wish I could go back! Now back to reality!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Looks like a really cool and fun place Pittsburghgirl,i just checked out a video on YouTube to see what it looked like - https://youtu.be/E_fMUSctqME - I bet you had a blast!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really tacky, but it was fun. We ran into Boog Powell's (he played for the Baltimore Orioles and owns Boog's BBQ) son in the Cork Bar. I took a couple of pictures of my friends with him. We stopped at Tony's pizza and each grabbed a slice after we had hit a few bars, to soak up the beer 😋 And when you walk by Fisher's popcorn, your mouth is watering. They make homemade caramel corn there, and you can smell it 100 yards away!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburghgirl - Sounds like an awesome trip! Also can't believe NE beat AZ!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Omg gordongecko, I know, right?! How did they pull that one out of their butts?!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

My husband took me to dinner and then to see an 80's party band at a nice pub, last night. We had a blast. The singer is from my hometown, and I remember him trying to get a band together in the 90's. He has a phenomenal voice. He is someone who should have gone to the top, but chose to stick around western PA.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Sounds like you had a good time Pittsburghgirl,my week has been one to forget,monday after work I went over to see my father to give him a hand to cut down high brambles,nettles etc. around the perimeter of his field using a big heavy duty cutting mower and I accidentally disturbed a wasp's nest and got stung 3 or 4 times in the back of the head and worse still numerous times under my left arm where one or two had got down my top.

I still can't believe how far they chased me,put it this way it was a good workout!

On a positive note I've watched some good films [Big Grin]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Young Warrior, I know it must have been hell getting stung so many times. But I sure would've loved to see a video of the whole ordeal! My Mother in Law, who was 81 at the time (my husband was one of those "oops" babies) was trimming some shrubs when she ran into a huge wasp nest. She literally dropped the hedge clippers and did a tuck and roll into the neighbor's yard! Lol! My husband went over a few days later and used one of those bug bomb type things to kill them.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Young Warrior, I know it must have been hell getting stung so many times. But I sure would've loved to see a video of the whole ordeal! .

You Sadist! [Big Grin]

No I bet it did look funny I was wondering what the neighbors that live opposite my father's field must have thought if they saw me running around flapping my arms about I would have thought that they'd think I'd totally lost it!

Pittsburghgirl your Mother-in-law sounds pretty hardcore doing a tuck and roll at 81 she sounds a bit like a female version of Chuck Norris LOL

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

This past Friday, my iPad froze up, so I had to delete everything in Safari, and somehow got logged out of the Fast Rewind. I sent a request for an email for my password, but it never went through. I finally remembered on Satuday night that I had it written down, and it was on the desk with my P.C. Which I never use anymore! Whew! I though I was going to have to re-register! Anyhoo. I am going for a drive with one of my best friends to take photos of the fall foliage on Wednesday. I hope the weather is nice!
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburghgirl - What area are you heading to? Just curious. We've been talking about heading up to NE area of OH to check out the trees.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I live in the east suburbs of Pittsburgh, but I am heading to my hometown, about 60 miles east of me. It is up in the PA Laurel Mountains area and the leaves should be changing now. There was a frost last week, so the leaves should be really pretty. NE Ohio should have nice foliage too. We have a camp in Erie county, PA, about 10 miles from the Ohio border. We were up there over the weekend of Oct. 8 and some leaves were starting to change. Enjoy your drive gordongecko!.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I am bored out of my skull. The hubby and I are both sick with nasty colds. I need to find some good movies to watch over the weekend. Anyone seen anything good on Netflix or Showtime? I got Showtime back so I can watch Homeland and The Affair.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Pittsburgh - Haha. I didn't read your last sentence in that post and was typing "have you seen Homeland?" Good thing I looked back up there. Such an addicting show. House of Cards was solid, but not the same level as Homeland, in my opinion. Making a Murderer? Fargo the TV show is awesome, but not sure if you can stream it. I actually really enjoyed Downton Abbey.....hopefully that doesn't take away any of my street cred.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I've seen all but Downton Abbey, Gordon. I did try to watch it once last year in VOD, but they wanted to charge me for each episode! What the heck! My tax dollars are already paying for it! My Father watched the last season on DVD. There is still a Family Video in my hometown, unbelievable! He missed a lot of the final season while my Mother was in the hospital.
Gordo, those are all excellent shows. House of Cards comes back in May. I really was on the fence about watching it. It became so addicting! Homeland is always a slow burn, so good.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburghgirl, I would go with Columbo and Fawlty Towers and Taxi and WKRP In Cincinnati. Or maybe some Love Boat or Threes Company
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Colombo sounds good! I do catch The Love Boat once in awhile on one of those channels that shows 70's and 80's tv over the weekends.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best, craziest, most amazing thing on TV right now is Taboo with Tom Hardy on the FX Network. It's violent, sexy, and insane. Hardy is fantastic--one of the best actors working today--and this project is a labor of love for him and his dad who co-created it along with the great writer/director Steven Knight ("Eastern Promises," "Dirty Pretty Things," and "Locke") It has an intriguing setting that you don't see recreated much, England during the War of 1812, and the whole thing has the feel of Charles D*ckens on acid--incest between adventurer Hardy and his half-sister included. It's a mesmerizing show.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Crash, I meant to watch Taboo, and forgot about it! I will have to start it soon! Thanks. I love Tom Hardy too.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I need to finish last season of House of Cards. Just a few episodes.

Game of Thrones? That's HBO though, so not sure you can stream that.

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Anyone watch the Super Bowl last night? What a game!!!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw some of it. I say some because supercross was on at 630 so it took priority over the superbowl. Was rooting for Atlanta not because I dislike New England, just wanted to see someone els win it other than the usual suspects. Who did you want to see win
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home