iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » So...what's everyone been up to? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So...what's everyone been up to?
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure things have moved on a bit for a lot of people since the boards were last up so I thought I'd start this thread. But rather than allow it to become a lot of convuluted waffle, let's limit ourselves to 3 points of interest since you were last here.

I'll begin:

1. In June 2013 I became a grandfather.
2. In June 2014 I finally decided to stop living in army accommodation and bought a house in Scotland.
3. January this year I was promoted but unfortunately this meant relocating to London and only travelling home to my family on the occasional weekend.

Updated Noms [Cool]

[ 13. February 2015, 02:44: Message edited by: All for Noms and Noms for all... ]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Noms, I knew about you becoming a Grandfather, and I think I remember you bought a house, but I did not know that you now have a long commute to see your family! I hope they find a spot for you closer to home.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, it's a great pleasure to be back on the iRewind forums! I greatly missed the boards during the downtime. I was thrilled beyond words once I found they were back online.

During the intervening years, I graduated college, started a part-time job as a medical writer/editor, started a membership at Planet Fitness (down 40 pounds from where I was about a year ago), and have been heavily pursuing pocket billiards as a hobby.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back everyone...thanks for starting this Noms...

My update is pretty basic:
1. Still with my Sweetie of almost 20 years
2. My two boys are now 8 and 3. And POOF...I have a girl (sadly my Sister In Law passed away this past November...my 10 year old Niece is staying with us full time)
3. The 80`s room I had always dreamed of...I finally have one!!
4. Per number 2 above, I`m still the guy that loves and collects 80`s movies...and...never has time to watch them!!! I keep trying though!

Glad to be back...looking forward to getting updates form everyone! Cheers...

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since the last time I really posted on here I got married, then divorced shortly after. I've been pretty much moving around the country like a drifter ever since.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyro, sorry to hear about the divorce. Sometimes I wish I could just pick up and move around the country. It is so boring here in the suburbs. I've been married almost 18 years now. It will be 18 years since we bought our house, in June. I really have no close friends here. They're scattered all over, anywhere but here. It's not from lack of trying. I am polite, and not a mooch or overly needy or clingy person. I just think in these times, everyone has lost all sense of manners and common decency, like returning phone calls when one invites them somewhere, or wants to make a sick person or someone who just had a baby some dinner.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburghgirl, i hate to be the one to say it.. but you kinda sound disillusioned and unhappy with the life you're living.

Then again, i'm no psychiatrist.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

JohnnyRoarke, I don't think I even feel disillusioned anymore. I just don't care anymore about try ing to be friends with people or helping out. I have lived Ina few other places in PA, but none compare to this place.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let the fear of change stand in the way of happiness.

Just sayin'..

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Thanks Johnny Roarke
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I have a date with my husband on Saturday! Shopping, movies and dinner. I think we're going to see The Gunman. Will let you all know what I think of it in the 2000's movies section.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see everyone in here again! Pyro, sorry about the changes. Hang in there. Pittsburgh Girl, I hope things liven up for you. Have you tried joining any groups? I've met some good friends through little things like pickup basketball games or golf. Just a thought.

Kev, do you have a picture of the 80's room? Congrats on the new family member!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I'd love to see kevdug's 80's room too!
On the upside here, I had that little reunion with one group of friends from college. We plan on getting together again soon. And another group of friendsfrom college, who live about 20 minutes away, well they told me to call them anytime to hang out. A few of them also golf, and have told me they'd rake me golfing sometime when the weather breaks. My hubby said he'll take to me a driving range first, and I can use his old clubs.
Hope you all have a great weekend

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers guys...I`ll work on a pic...forget how to post a picture, but I`ll figure it out. We used to rent the basement, but haven`t in years, so gave us quite a bit more space. Kids gained a playroom, my wife gained a meditation room....I got the outdated kitchen!!! It sounds bad, but I utilize the cupboards to hoard my 70`s and 80`s treasures...I figured if I can fit it in MY room, I can justify owing it. A bit of a tormented soul in that I hate clutter...but love STUFF! Go figure. A quick rundown...15 of my fav 80`s albums framed and on the wall, a Breakdance poster, older fridge full of 80`s magnets (some beer in the fridge), a giant round table with some chrome and high back faux leather chairs, 80`s wood grain TV with top loading VCR and an Atari, record player, a couple of ghetto blasters, and some 70`s + 80`s toys (six million dollar man, Gizmo, Mr T, Fat Albert figs, ET, Rubik`s cube, clock radio telephone, etc, etc. Sorry...I`m rambling. Please note...not at all luxurious....kind of has that crusty `first apartment `feel...but it`s all mine!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's amazing Kev! Hopefully the beer isn't from the 80's???

Good work Pittsburgh Girl!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I'd love to see kevdug's 80's room too!
On the upside here, I had that little reunion with one group of friends from college. We plan on getting together again soon. And another group of friendsfrom college, who live about 20 minutes away, well they told me to call them anytime to hang out. A few of them also golf, and have told me they'd rake me golfing sometime when the weather breaks. My hubby said he'll take to me a driving range first, and I can use his old clubs.

Hope you all have a great weekend

Hey Pitts, golf is a great game once you get into it and if you don't get mad when you play bad it is quite relaxing too. Sometimes I play by myself and just enjoy the peace and quiet, the birds chirping, the feel of grass under my feet etc... and when you do play a good shot it feels pretty good too.

I know how you feel with people. We must have come across similar types and I think it is a good thing to stay away from rude and negative people. That is being positive in my opinion. Perhaps a sports club would be good, such as tennis or martial arts would be good.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing something wrong. I posted 3 times. Arggghhhh!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, everyone! It's great that this forum came back. I had given up hope. 3 things new are: I took a film class, started working on a script of a story I wrote in 1990, got a cool job at ABM. Hopefully in the future I can turn this script into a movie. It seems kind of like an '80s movie, but I don't want to give it away yet. I think we'd all like to see more movies resemble '80s flicks.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear everyone is doing well and doing good things.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey bernie. the only way to stay away from rude people is to be a hermit. haha!
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got attacked by flies.
Went on a very long journey in a pitch black waterslide that ended at a new home for me
and I turned a bright shade of white

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Have somehow landed myself in the small nook of Southern California I spent much of my teen years in. But again, since I'm used to moving around very frequently, I don't know how long I'll be here. At least going to ride out the holidays with my sweet old mum here. That much is clear.

[ 17. December 2015, 14:42: Message edited by: Pyro ]

April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this topic. If people haven't figured it out, I am Isis9968 (ISIS), I was on the Rewind back when we all were really close, and I was thinking about that not long ago.

I am on Facebook alot now, and I became friends with Rewinders off the board who I talk to on Facebook, some people I see in person as well.

My update....
When I started on here, I think my son was 9 years old. He is almost 23 now, he is going to be a Senior at IUP College In PA. He is double majoring. My husband and I have been married almost 24 years and been together 27 years.

We own a Bed and Breakfast in Central PA, and I have been open now- on April 1st this year- is our 10 year anniversary. It has been amazing. I have met people from all over the world, I have a huge following of people. We are going to have a big party this year for all of our guests who have repeatedly returned to us, and have become our close friends. It has been an amazing experience. My husband turns 50 in a month, so we are celebrating that too.

I don't think I have changed at all, I still miss the 80s every day. I still hate new movies. I still listen to 70s music and watch 80s movies - every chance I get. I have been to alot of concerts , and I have got to meet alot of 80s actors and actresses , some of them have become good friends of mine in real life.
A few have even come and stayed at our B & B.

I have a really great life, and I am really happy. The town I live in, has been less than ideal, but things have changed, we got an amazing restaurant now, that we can send all our guests to, it's all farm to table food. The chef is amazing.

The worst thing that has happened in my life, is my mother just started on dialysis a few weeks ago, and she has Stage 5 Kidney disease, which is as bad as it gets. We are hoping she might be a candidate for a transplant.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I used to come here and just read mostly many years ago... Now I have a lot more freedom and free time and was thinking of getting involved. I don't see an Introduce Yourself thread anywhere???? What you guys got against newcomers!! ??! [Wink]
Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What have I been doing recently?

Well, I'm just finishing off my first year of college where I'm studying Media at the moment. [Smile]

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home