iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Top 5 (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: The Top 5
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Quick Change

2. The Score

3. The Great Train Robbery

4. Theif

5. Die Hard with a Vengence (it was a really clever plan)

honorable mentions, lightning jack's robbery, inside man

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Robbery Movies.

Die Hard
I thought Inside Man was Genius
I don't love the movie but the Beginning and End of the Thomas Crown Affair was cool.
My wife would love to hear me say that I thought "To Steal A Million" is a good movie and a great robbery.
Mission Impossible 1 or Ghost Protocol

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i forgot about the thomas crown affair, after the sunset with pierce brosnan was a good one too
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
all right the top 5 gambler/con man movies
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sting
Catch Me If You Can
Paper Moon
House of Games
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My top 5 Hustler, gambler, con men movies.

1. Diggstown
2. The Sting agian
3. Hard Times - with Charles Bronson
4. The Big Town - Matt Dillon and Tommy Lee Jones
5. The Color of Money

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conman movie
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen The Sting II (1983)?
It´s going to be released on dvd here next week.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
havent seen sting 2, makes me think of that joke from curb your enthusiasim, where jeff said he watched the sting 2 but never seen the orginal, larry was giving him hell about it

anyway my list

diggstown
the sting
poolhall junkies
dirty rotten scoundrels (good call gotta go)
kingpin

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i also like the movie rounders, but they could have casted better than matt damon, better casting would make for a better movie
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks The Good Package. It is the only really good movie I could think of.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rounders is great but yeah why does Matt Damon always have to play someone who's IQ is over 1,000.

He can also apparently read everyone's hand at a table but for some reason can't see that KGB didn't have the spades. Terribly written scene.

How has nobody mentioned The Hustler?

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nice to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels mentioned. Very underrated!

The Ladykillers (1955) is another of my favourites.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Reservoir Dogs.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
top 5 tales from the crypt episodes
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

No order..

What's Cookin'?
And All Through the House
Split Personality
Cutting Cards
Four-Sided Triangle

Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah top five Tales From the Crypt Episodes now this is a Top Five I can sink my fangs into.

Zigyma7ik I really like Four Sided Triangle, I'm going to hav a shirt made with a picture of the Scarecrow with the caption "He ain't no flesh and blood man" don't know why but that line makes me chuckle everytime.

1. The Man Who Was Death
2. All Through the House
3. Television Terror
4. The Secret
5. Werewolf Concerto

Honorable Mentions I'll stop before I name half the show.
Dig That Cat He's Real Gone,
People Who Live in Brass Hearses,
Well Cooked Hams,
Top Billing,
Curiosity Killed,
Maniac at Large,
Split Personality,
Four Sided Triangle,
Carrion Death,
The New Arrival,
The Trap,
Fitting Punishment,
Korman's Kalamity,
Dead Wait,
Undertaking Palor,
Mournin' Mess,
None But the Lonely Heart,
What's Cookin
I have more but I'll stop there.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. And All Through the House (season 1)
2. Abra Cadaver (season 3)
3. Split Second (season 3)
4. For Cryin' Out Loud (season 2)
5. Death of Some Salesman (season 5)

Honorable Mentions:

Easel Kill Ya (season 3)
What's Cookin' (season 4)
Seance (season 4)
Forever Ambergris (season 5)
Staired in Horror (season 6)
Yellow (season 3)
Dig that Cat...He's Real Gone (season 1)
There's a Crowd (season 2)
Four-Sided Triangle (season 2)
Television Terror (season 2)

[ 08. August 2012, 03:43: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
The Man who was Death

All through the House

Dig that cat he's real gone

Korman's Kalamity

Werewolf Concerto

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
probably should have put whats cooking in there somewhere
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Werewolf Concerto. Good call.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
thanks. dalton was like bond in that one
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
all right the top 5 screams in movies
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will all be the same one! The wilhelm Scream sound effect has been used in over 200 movies includign Star Wars, the Indiana Jones movies, all three LOTR movies - nothing is going to top that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
there is some pretty good ones in horror movies, and comedies too.
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home