iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Top 5 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: The Top 5
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got to say that westerns were the first movies that i found very educational in the study of human nature. through this format i got a good appreciation for storytelling and performace, and realized there is alot more depth to it.

1. The Missouri Breaks - this movie relates to the paragraph above, brando and nicholson, both great characters

2. Tombstone - great story, kind of like a epic, but trimmed down so there is no dull spots, kilmer is awesome in this, russell does great, great villains

3. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - awesome visuals, really great story, three scoundrels in the pursuit of gold, high entertainment and no need for a complex plot

4. Quigley Down Under - great story, great character, great story, great leading lady

5. Posse (1975) - great story, douglas and dern do really good work

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Wild Bunch
2. A Fistful of Dynamite
3. High Plains Drifter
4. The Proposition
5. Flaming Star

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some very exceptional choices on both your lists, GP and Kash. People need to see the more obscure ones like Posse and A Fistful of Dynamite; they're great. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love The Proposition too Kash [Smile]

I've had Fistful of Dynamite for ages and still haven't gotten to it.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too hard for me to pick only 5 westerns, but i'm a sucker for euro westerns, so some titles that
would definitely be on my list are Django, Keoma and The Great Silence which takes place in snowy
landscapes, has a mute as the lead character and the most depressing ending you'll ever see..
Oh, and Klaus Kinski is in it too ! [Big Grin]
Really great stuff !

Not too long ago i purchased the book Any Gun Can Play ; The Complete Guide to Euro-Westerns.
It's really good, with lots of vintage artwork too !

[ 22. May 2012, 12:59: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Great Silence which takes place in snowy
landscapes, has a mute as the lead character and the most depressing ending you'll ever see..
Oh, and Klaus Kinski is in it too ! [Big Grin]

Sold [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sold! [Smile]

Has anyone seen the spaghetti Western "The Price of Power," a/k/a "Texas." I've always wanted to see it because the plot sounds so interesting: There is a conspiracy to assassinate President Garfield done in a way to remind viewers of the assassination of JFK.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great Silence was the hidden number 6 on my list [Cool]
Fantastic winter western, check it out guys!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash,

i haven't seen The Price of Power, but it is available on an import dvd from Brazil (of all places).

It apparently is in stock here in Holland at www.cinecityplanet.com , a small independent
mailorder / online shop specialized in spaghetti-westerns.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Thanks, man. Video Search of Miami (which is now actually located in Georgia) has it too, I think.
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lomax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0eQubLlVE

Lets Ride!!!

I have not seen The Great Silence but came across it's theme while listening to radom Ennio Morricone themes. What a great theme and great composer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwgYDf58g5U

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic Dutch!

I needed that pick me up [Wink]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all right its a double top 5 this week

top 5 heroes and top 5 villians

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 5 Heroes and Villians is hard, by Genera would be easier.

Villians

1. Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs
2. Freddy Kruger - Nightmare on Elm St.
3. Mola Ram - Temple of Doom
4. Darkness from Legend
5. Pennywise the Clown - IT

I could almost do another top five for most detestable villians.

1. Frank Nitti - The Untochables
2. Longshanks - Braveheart
3. Warden Norton - Shawshank Redemption
4. Percy Wetmore - The Green Mile
5. Archibald Cunningham - Rob Roy

Good Guys
1. Conan the Barbarian - Arnold version or comic not Mooma
2. Indiana Jones - All but Cyrstal Skull
3. Man With No Name - Eastwood films
4. William Wallace - Braveheart
5. Jack Burton - Big Trouble Little China

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
heroes

1. Batman
2. Cheif Martin Brody
3. Jack Burton
4. Indianna Jones
5. Capt. James T Kirk

villians

1. Freddy Krueger
2. The Joker
3. Mola Ram - (Good pick dutch)
4. Alien Queen/Aliens
5. Wulfgar - from nighthawks

humerous villians

1. Biff Tanen
2. Dark Helmet
3. Judge Smails
4. Shooter Mc Gavin
5. Big Earn Mc Cracken/ The Klopecks

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Villans:

1. Hans Gruber
2. Ed Rooney
3. Richard Vernon
4. Hardy Jenns
5. Kahn Noonien Singh

Heroes:

1. Jack Burton
2. John McClane
3. Buck Russell
4. Indy
5. Jonathan Switcher

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Villains:

1. Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator 1984)
2. Darth Vader (David Prowse/James Earl Jones, Star Wars 1977)
3. Michael Myers (Tony Moran, Halloween 1978)
4. John Ryder (Rutger Hauer, The Hitcher 1986)
5. Prof. Elliott Glastenbury (John P. Ryan, Avenging Force 1986)

Heroes:

1. Jack Burton (Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China 1986)
2. Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn, The Terminator 1984)
3. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver, Alien 1979)
4. Ethan Bishop (Austin Stoker, Assault on Precinct 13 1976)
5. Nada (Roddy Piper, They Live 1988)

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
paul, i was thinking of picking kahn as well.

atomik, i forgot about nada, good choice!

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i got a feeling jack burton may be the unanimous choice
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
Ok my top 5 humorous villains

1. Lt. Harris - Police Academy
2. RJ Fletcher - U.H.F/ Victor Scrimshaw - Innerspace
3. Ralph & Ira - Romancing the Stone
4. El Guapo and Jefe - Three Amigos
5. Beetlejuice

Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
I proably would have said some of those already used Dark Helmet, **** Vernon, Ed Rooney, Shooter, Big Ern, Biff Tannon,or the villans of one of my all time favorite films the Klopecks from the burbs. But I figured I would give a few humorous villans not yet mentioned a spotlight.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
although I admit I wasn't trying to think too deeply, I am surprised that so far I'm the only one to mention Buck Russell.

Good old Uncle Buck is a real down-to-earth hero.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool choices earlier Crash & Helen_S

Fistful of Dynamite is a movie that never gets a mention, even Rod Steiger playing a Mexican doesn't detract from its awesomeness.

Heroes

1. Batman
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. John McClaine (Die Hard)
4. Ah Jong (John Woo's The Killer)
5. Han Solo

I was going to put John Keating from Dead Poet's Society in there, but since I'm not sitting alone in a bohemian coffee shop pensively pondering poems by Walt Whitman, I didn't! He is kind of hero, though.

Villians

1. Clarence Bod****er (Robocop)
2. Moe & Josh Flatbush (Mo' Better Blues)
3. Col. Dekker (A-Team)
4. Bennet (Commando)
5. Ivan Kraschinsky (No Retreat No Surrender)

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
all right top 5 sports related movies
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
Buck Russell is a good choice, but I was thinking more action adventure hero.
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home