iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Hurricane Irene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurricane Irene
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Reporting live from the hurricane. The wind and rain is pretty bad here on Staten Island. It's 7 in the morning and I just took my dog out to do his business. Needless to say there are some branches down in the yard but thank God we have power.

Motley if you are out there did it hit you? What about you Cindy?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the jersey shore the sun is out and it's a little windy. we lost a pretty large branch in the backyard which means i'll probably just cut the tree down(i wanted to get rid of this tree anyway). no significant damage that i can see. though i heard the river and ocean between rumson and sea bright are now connected and ocean ave looks like some rapids.

this storm got more overhyped than the ny jets.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hey Chaz, where on the shore are you?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i live in long branch. my parents live in LB two blocks from the beach and they just got back to their home after being forcefully evacuated. they have some flooding and minimal tree damage, but nothing too bad. we all still have power.

it's gray out again but no real wind or rain. my wife thinks we're in the eye and it may pick up again. the city just removed the mandatory curfew so i may take a ride to my parents house and walk to the beach to see what's going on.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't hit me Devo but got my cousin's basement in Wilmington, NC. Reports of 30 foot waves around her area Saturday. But the Wilmington mancave shall rise again. Hope everyone out there is ok.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wral.com/weather/video/10057638/#/vid10057638

Here is video of the damage to Rodanthe on Hatteras Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina; also shows damage to Bodie Island Lighthouse. The highway has been washed away in three areas.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My middle name is Irene.....nuff said.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got lots of rain and wind here in NE PA, but fortunately no flooding in this case, and the power stayed on all the time, so we were fortunate here.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home