iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Getting to know more about each other... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Getting to know more about each other...
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink coffee or tea.
I have toast with vegemite and peanut butter for breakfast most mornings, otherwise I might have some Milo cereal.
I don't usually watch what I eat, but I did avoid fast food for a year and lost about 10 kgs - but we've started visiting KFC again lately and really need to stop!
I always have the TV going when I go to bed, I need to have noise going. We have an XBox connected to the home network, so sometimes we listen to podcasts we have stored on the PC when we go to sleep.
I prefer to go to bed early, 11pm is late for me, but my partner is an night owl.
I like a bath occasionally, with some candles and nice book, but I have a shower every morning.
I like a glass of white wine at any time!
I've been rediscovering my passion for photography lately, and I'm really loving being able to improve on reality with Photoshop!
My partner and I love board games and card games, particularly Uno, Phase 10 and Trivial Pursuit (the only one I know I always win!)

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
TKO,

You're Belgian right? I think in your country pancakes are called crepes right? Or, is that just in France? Sorry if I mixed it up... [Smile] I used to go to this French restaurant all of the time, and, I LOVED their crepes...

You are absolutely right jdockster04,

I messed that one up. What I meant was indeed crępes. I love them too. [Smile]

Our cuisine is very similar to that of the French. So similar in fact that a lot of national recipes (like crępes and fries) are attributed to France, only because the country is far more popular than tiny Belgium.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh...I love card games too, we love playing Canasta and 500 Rummy.

Do you guys remember playing "Old Maid"...I use to love that when I was a kid. I never see kids playing it.
In the summer we use to play WAR all the time too.

We use to play checkers all the time too...I think kids gets bored easily now.

I love UNO too.

I would love to learn how to perfect doing Eggs Benedict...there's about a billion different recipes for Eggs Benedict. I had it once at this resort we go to alot...and it was really good. It is a hard thing to make at the spur of the moment...because you need english muffins and canadian bacon and all the stuff to make hollandaise sauce.

StevenHW-Hold the Spam. [Razz]

Another thing I just learned to do, that I love doing for guests here...is towel origami...like you see done on cruise ships ...I can make a turtle, an elephant, A couple of swans, a folded shirt (you use Andes candies for buttons-I use mini peppermint patties too). I can do a seas shell too. I want to learn more.

Now that I know how tall SammyHain is...how tall is everyone else??

I am 5'10.

It is cool reading all this stuff about everyone.

It sounds like there are a bunch of insomniacs on here-it must be all the coffee everyone is drinking-

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you drink coffee or tea for breakfast?

--Neither...!

Do you watch what you eat...like do you eat things low in cholesterol...or not eat meat...

--I eat low carb, low fat stuff for the most part, but im not a fanatic!

what are your favorite breakfast foods?

--I don't really have favourites. But I eat some toast, a fruit smoothie and a banana!

Do you read or watch tv at night before you go to bed?

--I fall asleep to the TV, thats the only way I can fall asleep.... when im single:) if someone is next to me, I usually don't need the TV!

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or do you go to bed early and get up early?

--I sleep late and get up early!

Do you take showers or baths? (I just stayed in a hotel with 2 of my friends...and they both take baths every morning...where I prefer showers.)

--Shower only! haven't "bathed" since I was a little kid!

Alot of people like to have a glass of wine after they have gone out to dinner....some people like wine before they go to dinner...I never drink ever....

--I used to be a heavy drinker, I was in rehab at the age of 13, and had a troublesome relationship with alcohol till my mid 20's. Now I rarely drink, but if I do, I drink to get drunk, at parties and stuff. I never drink alone, and never on weekdays!

What are your hobbies outside of liking the 80's?

--Martial arts, movies, amateur script writing, excercise, xbox 360, Japanese garden design and women:)

So...what does everyone like to do in their spare time...aside from hanging out here??

--See above... [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am 5'1...hehe my daughter will definitely be taller than me. her dad is 6 feet.

i also forgot to add that i collect harajuku bags..by gwen stefani. i don't like all her stuff, but i love the classy looking ones. i have a handbags, a few overnight bags, and a couple of makeup purses by gwen.
i usually shop ebay to get them as cheap as possoble, because her stuff goes for $100.00 or more. that is only 'fashion' thing i am in to.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Take a look at my forehead... do you see a sign that says information? What is this place now the Breakfast Club or something?

Do you watch what you eat...like do you eat things low in cholesterol...or not eat meat...

The 80's were all about a night at Golf n' Stuff romancing Ali with an i followed by the All-Valley Karate Championship the next day and now it is somehow all about Nutrisystem and trying to figure out how to tie my shoelaces. Crane technique anyone?

What are your favorite breakfast foods?

It used to be Gremlins until that unfortunate incident with the Muffster.

Does reading the Directv programming menu count? I'm all about the late night movies....such as Night of the Comet and April Fool's Day.

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or do you go to bed early and get up early?

Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. It's fun to be a vampire.

Do you take showers or baths? (I just stayed in a hotel with 2 of my friends...and they both take baths every morning...where I prefer showers.)

Depends on if it's with Suzi or her mom. Oh you meant alone...sorry...It's Casual

I've glimpsed our future, and all I can say is... 'Go Back'.

Truth is, you ignored the Donald Miller dork for seventeen years and now you just want to ride the Ronnie Miller Express. [Karate Kid]

[ 12. July 2008, 13:07: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Dooney and Bourke bags. I have one and a checkbook wallet, but I'm thinking of splurging and buying more. I've never seen the Gwen Stefani bags (I ain't even trying to spell the name! [Smile] ). What do they look like?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww petty they are adorable.. for the most part. i emailed them to you so i don't take up a lot of room here [Smile] .
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
awww petty they are adorable.. for the most part. i emailed them to you so i don't take up a lot of room here [Smile] .

Thanks, I'll check them out!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley-Hey!! Nice answers....now I know what to make you for breakfast. [Confused] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VALLEY, YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!! THIS IS OUTTA SIGHT [Smile] !!! LOVE THE ANSWERS...HAHAHAHAHA!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you back Valley.........it's funny cause I sorta did the "omg dad i'm embarrassed" slap to the forehead with all your cheesy answers...haha [Smile] missed ya
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Strictly tea, particualrly the herbal, even tangy kind. More so in the winter, when you really need that kind of warm boost. All through my life, have never drank any coffee, I just never acquired a taste for it. Have never known what all of the fuss is about, I prefer hot choclate.

Do you watch what you eat?

In about 02-03 I had realised that my metabolism chnaged, before I could eat whatever I wanted, all of a sudden looking at my figure i realised that wasn't going to fly anymore. Since then I excercise regularly, have changed my diet quite a bit. I stick to more chicken and fish, drink more water, eat other foods like sushi which I would never have done last century. I love carrots and green peppers. My only vice is sugar, at night i will get cravings cookies, jujubes that sort of thing. So it's a struggle to curb this, so I try to tell myself that it's ten pushups for each cookie!

What are your favorite breakfast foods?

I like cereal with nuts, fruits all that healthy stuff. Minny wheats too. Sometimes cinammon buns and croissants will be too tempting.

All the time, I'm usually watching sportscentre, Letterman or Leno, or sometimes I will be watching movies, or my TV box sets. (IMO, everyone should end the evening with an episode of Three's company or Laverne and Shirley)
I often read or listen to music too, music mags and biographies.

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or go to bed early? My job requires me to get up ealy, so it's maybe a weekend where I can get some decent shut eye.

Do you take showers or baths? Mostly showers due to time constraints. But every now and again, I will take a long bath and just chill out.

What are you hobbies outside of likeing the 80's?

Sometimes I ask myself what aren't my hobbies? I have dabbled in music for years, so I practice bass and guitar. I read a lot, so tons of magazines and books I have to get to. Also there is drawing, and painting when the mood suits me. Also, biking and shopping are priorities too.

But TV takes up so much time, movies in particular, I would love to see all of the current movies in the theatres but it seems I don't have the time.

Welcome back Valley!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been quite awhile Riptide, how's life been treating you?

Muffster, do you still watch "DMC" as often as possible? I need to break it out again soon.

And Cindy, Cindy, CINDY! I'm sorry about Bobby, but understand that here he was a big time football star, but there he is just a freshman trying to make it. Are you still dabbling in poetry?

Hey Isis, please try to stay of trouble long enough for me to at least say hi to everyone.

Ok this is for all the Rewinders out there, several of us are old friends, but I'm all about meeting new people that loved the 80's. My worthless knowledge is more extensive in film, but I enjoy the entire experience to be honest.

Also, for anyone that wants to know a little about me..."Hi, I'm Fred, I like tacos and '71 Cabernet. My favorite color is magneta."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Valley....I'll see what I can do.

RJF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmMrDHFJ6A

[Wink]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Coffee, Not Black like my men, but with French Vanilla Creamer. I only drink Tea when I don't feel well.

I started to watch more of what I ate after I got married. I eat most meat, but oddly I don't like 75% of Italian food.

It's weird...some people hate pancakes...some people hate french toast...so...

what are your favorite breakfast foods?
I eat just about anything for breakfast. It's my favorite meal. Mostly Eggs these days though.

I have recently been watching Arrested Development while I fall asleep. Before I got married, I always put on Wrestling.

I would rather go to bed early and wake up early.

Shower, preferably in the morning. Unless I go to the gym.

When I have people staying here...I get to know alot about them really fast...by the time they leave here I feel like they are related to me...I have had close to 200 people stay here since we opened.

Alot of people like to have a glass of wine after they have gone out to dinner....some people like wine before they go to dinner...I never drink ever....

Basketball, Music, and puzzles. In the past 2 years, all about the Rubik's Cube. 3x3,4x4,and 5x5, I can solve them all.

I am surprised at all the hobbies people still have...

I have alot of readers that stay here...I have had people who do quilting, cross stitching, pottery, glider pilots, ham radio enthusiasts, artists, guitar players, karate , rock climbers, hikers, bikers, cooks, singers, collectors,
and lots more...

So...what does everyone like to do in their spare time...aside from hanging out here??

Drive and shop with my wife.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Devo...it sure sounds like you are loving married life.....that is nice to hear.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I just was puting things that were what I used to do as well. Wrestling DVD's are an acquired taste.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Originally posted by TKO:
I like to play guitar as well. In my case that is mainly blues and preferably acoustic slide guitar.

hey TKO..ya big stuuuud...(a little top gun for ya [Wink] )

i don't remember if i shared this with you or not, but here's a clip of my rockin bud mr. myrick demonstrating some sounds on his custom made guitar... hope you likey [Smile]
-ronniebear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqjZ5veGSCQ

[ 15. July 2008, 08:51: Message edited by: NowhereGirl ]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that! I never really played much with a slide. After seeing that, I think I will.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:

hey TKO..ya big stuuuud...(a little top gun for ya [Wink] )

“Show me the way home honey” [Big Grin]

That was awesome Nikki,

Mr. Myrick sure knows how to play the six-string. I didn’t know he was into slide guitar as well. But then again, I only know him from the She Talks in Stereo song. Thanks for sharing this.

After watching Kelly Joe Phelps, I tried to play like that a couple of times, but it just doesn’t suit me. Instead I prefer to wear the slide on my pinkie.
I like the looks of ‘The Lonely King’. And.. it has a great sound. I usually play a National resonator guitar myself. Like the one on The Dire Straits Brothers in Arms album. That doesn’t sound bad either…

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

you wear the slide on your pinky? is that easy for you to do? it seems like it would be tough to play like that.. ?
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
It really isn't..
At least it's easier for me than to have to lay the guitar on my lap and figure the chords out all over again. [Wink]

It's almost five here. I'm ready to leave work and hopefully enjoy a long (and well deserved?) vacation.

Adios x

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

have a nice vacation dear friend. [Smile]
EleanorJune
unregistered

39 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a little new to this site, but I have fallen in love with it! I thought this little survey was cool!

Yes I drink coffee. Is it sad that the barista's at Starbucks know be my name? They see my car and make my usual.

I eat whatever I want. I am a meat and potatoes girl though. A great cut of steak and a baked potato are tops on my list. I am very athletic so I don't suffer the side effects. My sisters all hate me for it. I like to eat organic food though when I can. But wont refuse if it is not.

I don't think it is weird that some people dont like pancakes. I mean com eon it's a fried cake! I though enjoy them. With white chocolate chips in them! YUM!

I am not a big breakfast foods person though. I would much rather eat cold pizza for breakfast. I do though, like to eat breakfast for dinner!

I always read or watch TV to go to bed. I almost always leave the tv on all night. I sleep better that way.

I dont go to bed until late and I wake up early. Insomniac here! Plus I have a 2 year old.

I am so a shower girl. There is something that grosses me out about sitting in your own body oily water. I never feel clean after a bath.

I dont tolerate alcohol well. One glass of wine and I am drunk. I am not joking. Cheap date here! So I rarely drink. And usually it is just with dinner..

Sports. I play a lot of sports. So other than hanging out here while I am at work, I am usually doing something active.

In my spare time, when I do have it, I like to play with my daughter. She is amazing. I am an avid hockey watcher too. So whenever there is a game on I watch it!

| Site Updates: 39 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home