iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Getting to know more about each other... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Getting to know more about each other...
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about this today...about how long alot of us have been coming on the Rewind...and all the ups and downs everyone has had at times with each other...it does seem like a family...you have your moments when people say things that bug you and then you have times when you really like that person...and I was thinking how well do we really know each other....

I learn so much from people staying with me...even for 1 night...I have realized what people do in their daily routines does say alot about them...even if it's little stuff.

Like wether you drink coffee or tea for breakfast...some people love black coffee...some people load it down with a billion sugars and creamers....some people don't like anything to drink at breakfast...

So...I was wondering about everyone on here...and if you guys came and stayed with me...what I would find out about you that I don't already know....

so, I thought I'd ask some questions to get to know everyone a little better...

Like...

Do you drink coffee or tea for breakfast?

Do you watch what you eat...like do you eat things low in cholesterol...or not eat meat...

It's weird...some people hate pancakes...some people hate french toast...so...

what are your favorite breakfast foods?

Do you read or watch tv at night before you go to bed?

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or do you go to bed early and get up early?

Do you take showers or baths? (I just stayed in a hotel with 2 of my friends...and they both take baths every morning...where I prefer showers.)

When I have people staying here...I get to know alot about them really fast...by the time they leave here I feel like they are related to me...I have had close to 200 people stay here since we opened.

Alot of people like to have a glass of wine after they have gone out to dinner....some people like wine before they go to dinner...I never drink ever....

What are your hobbies outside of liking the 80's?

I am surprised at all the hobbies people still have...

I have alot of readers that stay here...I have had people who do quilting, cross stitching, pottery, glider pilots, ham radio enthusiasts, artists, guitar players, karate , rock climbers, hikers, bikers, cooks, singers, collectors,
and lots more...

So...what does everyone like to do in their spare time...aside from hanging out here??

I just thought it would be fun to find out what else we have in common with each other....

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all ISIS.think about if all the Rewinders visited your B&B? at the same weekend That sure would be cool [Big Grin]

Coffee for me.With just a little milk into it.Primary thing in the morning.

I also should pay more attention to my diet..I eat what i like.I really enjoy a good salad,but the healthy stuff is just so expensive here.

My pc is on my bedroom.With a tv tuner into it.So there you go [Wink] I sometimes have trouble with sleeping.

Just showers here.Never liked hot baths much.You already know my hobbies,but i also can mention Ham radio.I enjoyed that for a long time speaking with people all over the world.Over 60 countrys confirmed over the years. ham card

I also enjoy reading a good book any day.

Regards.

[ 10. July 2008, 17:19: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool....

I don't watch my diet either...I should cause high cholesterol runs in my family. I actually don't eat alot though....even though I cook alot. I will sometimes eat breakfast...but if I ate everything I made for people, I'd weigh 500 lbs. I usually eat toast with peanutbutter on it for breakfast, or I might eat some yogurt or fruit or shredded wheat. I love hot chocolate...I hate the taste of coffee...but I love the smell of it.

My favorite drink is lemonade. We saw this thing on Tv the other night on the food channel and they were making Minute Maid frozen soft lemonade for baseball parks...and it looked good...so we found it the other night at Sam's Club...and it is awesome stuff. Usually when I like anything they discontinue it.

I use to read all the time....but now I just read stuff on the internet...and I love to look at decorating magazines and cook books.

I stay up until about 1am every night. I wake up about 8am. It takes me 20 minutes to get ready for the day-including taking a shower-I hate to waste time getting ready to go anywhere.

I love Gardening...with flowers....not so much with vegetables. I am a member of the Garden Club.

My son and I are members of the Chess Club at the Library.

I love bowling...but don't get to do it very often, except for on the Wii. I also like to play tennis, and I love badminton.

I love photography ....Bandit is an amazing photographer...I saw some of his pictures-and they are awesome...they look like out of a magazine.

We tried the Rewind get together here once, and it didn't work. I am definately up for it at any time.

My room mate from the 80's....had an 80's party for her daughter's 16th birthday...just a few months ago...and we did alot of the things for it that I wanted to do here.

I am having a big 40th birthday party in 2 months...we are going to do a whole "spa theme"...and I am getting a chocolate fondue fountain and a punch fountain...

Has anyone done the chocolate fountain thing?

I love old houses and anything historical...

we are going to Colonial Williamsburg on July 28th.

Here's where I'll be:

www.colonialwilliamsburg.org

What about everyone else...are you going on a vacation this summer?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I NEVER drink coffee or tea. Must drink Coke with breakfast - everyday! I pretty much eat what I want and never gain weight. Mainly because my job is very physical and I am big time into sports. Love baseball, hockey, golf(I play at least twice a week, more when there is a holiday or I have the day off from work). I use to be a big time bowler(I do have a perfect game under my belt)and pool player. Love 80's movies or any movies for that matter, but my true passion is music and playing guitar. I also do read books - mainly stuff on the subject of Space, UFO's and Astronomy. I am BIG TIME into UFOlogy. Fascinated with the possibilty of life on other worlds. My favorite movie of all-time is Contact, with Fire in the Sky not too far behind. Also love Communion, The UFO Incident, The Martian Chronicles, Stargate - anything on the subject. I also like video games. Mainly role-playing/strategy type games.
Oh, in case you were wondering - showers only. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

I love old houses and anything historical...

I live in an about 300 year old house(look at my ham card).Some funny things have been going on.But overall i just enjoy it.A bit company is just appreciated [Cool]

Regards.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
80sRocked...I know someone who was in the movie Contact as an extra.

I love to play pool too. I love arcades...love ping pong...I love skeeball...I love the places that do the tickets...like the Wheel of Fortune game...

I love board games...like Monopoly and Clue, and we play Scattergories alot and I love Trivia Games.

The new thing (it is to me)...that I think I could become addicted to doing...is playing BINGO....we went for a fundraiser a couple months ago, and it was so much fun. My son got Bingo on the first game, and he about had a heart attack, he jumped up screaming Bingo...they aren't playing until fall again...but I think that could become a serious addiction for me.

80sRocked-the UFO thing is different....do you love E.T., Starman and Close Encounters?

How about Alien??
I can't believe you didn't say you were a Trekie.

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
do read books - mainly stuff on the subject of Space, UFO's and Astronomy. I am BIG TIME into UFOlogy. Fascinated with the possibilty of life on other worlds. My favorite movie of all-time is Contact, with Fire in the Sky not too far behind. Also love Communion, The UFO Incident, The Martian Chronicles, Stargate - anything on the subject. I D [/QB]
got to love that.I am often out with my telescope checking out the view.Not any aliens so far though [Big Grin]

But i am a big sci fi fan too.BSG is my favorite at the moment.

Cheers.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never a Trekkie for some odd reason. Love Stargate SG-1 series. E.T. was just OK. Starman was decent. Love Close Encounters and the whole Alien series. Must also mention The X-Files. Loved the whole series and can't wait for the new movie. You know what probably got me started on the whole subject? The "V" movies and series from the early 80's.
 -

[ 10. July 2008, 19:46: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually hurriedly gulp coffee (heavy Splenda and heavy french vanilla creamer) for breakfast while eating a pop tart in the Jeep on my way to work. I have a horrible diet that I definitely should watch better. I love pancakes when I actually have time to sit down and eat breakfast (IHop pancakes rule). Sometimes I watch tv before going to bed but I also write. I'm in the process of writing a novel so that takes up quite a bit of nightime now. I stay up late and sleep late when I can but most of the time I'm up by 5am due to work. I like showers and a beer or 2 after dinner. I like to golf, teach swimming lessons to children part-time in the spring and summer months, and am a HUGE Twilight Zone fan (only 60s version here sorry). I also volunteer my time for various organizations benefiting children indluding tutoring and various burn centers. My uncle (who was slightly handicapped) was the first school child to die in a school fire (1957)since North Carolina began keeping school records for that type of thing way back in the 1920s. Although not religious at all (agnostic here), I feel we are all on Earth for a purpose and I feel one of my purposes is to help those less fortunate and those who are handicapped hold a special place in my heart as a result of my uncle whom I never got the chance to meet. I also enjoy attending college and pro football games, am a sci-fi and horror movie fanatic, looove music of all types,love attending live concerts, am a beer conniseur, and am getting ready to return to college to obtain my teacher licensure. A group of 10 friends and I are going to Hawaii on vacation this September.........

[ 10. July 2008, 19:13: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never used to drink coffee, but lately have gotten into the habit of drinking coffee (with milk) at work. At home, I prefer tea (green or black). For breakfast I usually have cereal with yoghurt. But other than my healthy breakfast, I pretty much eat whatever I like, but of course I try to keep my weight. I love pancakes, which is not something that is eaten much here unfortunately. I love having long brunches with friends on Sundays.
I like to read a lot, especially in bed. I have to get up really early for work, so during the week I go to bed latest around 11pm. On weekends, this is different of course. I love these long warm summer nights, where you can sit outside for ever. I love wine, at the moment I'm very partial to South African wines which are always excellent and not too expensive. I have a glass in the evenings and when I cook (usually only on weekends), we always have some wine with dinner. When I'm at home, I usually have red wine, but as that makes me rather drowsy, I usually have something else when going out.
I love horse back riding, Salsa dancing, hiking... and I have 4 Gerbils as pets, and love them. They live in a huge fish tank filled with all kinds of tunnels and straw and hay etc. and it's a lot of fun re-designing their home every now and again. I'd love to have a dog but that's impossible due to our working hours.
I work for a big engineering company which sells industrial plants all over the world, so I get to travel alot for contract negotiations, but I'm always happy when I'm home again. Home btw is Munich in Germany.

And I'm too stupid to be able to add a picture of myself to my profile...
A picture from photobucket or similar won't come on my profile page, so from where can I add a URL to the profile page?? hmmmm.... [Confused] [Smile]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictures from Phtobucket don't always show due to restrictions from particular network admins or ISPs - I know I can't saee any from here at work. Sometimes you might also need to check to make sure the photo isn't in an album that restricts viewing to permitted, identified users only.

If you have some personal webspace with your home ISP, it's often easiest to slap the picture there and then link to it - that way there should be no problems.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow 80’sRocked.. We seem to have a lot in common. I also have a huge interest in astronomy and like to believe there is life on other planets (in any which form).
My two favorite sci-fi movies are – believe it or not – Fire in the Sky and Contact. Though in a different order due to Jodie Foster who I don’t like that much.
I also NEVER drink coffee or tea at breakfast, but Coca Cola (no Pepsi for me). It gives me that rush that other people seem to get out of coffee. Occasionally I drink tea, but never in the morning. As you already knew, my biggest passion is music and I like to play guitar as well. In my case that is mainly blues and preferably acoustic slide guitar.

As to the other questions..

I think pancakes here are a different kind of thing than in the US. Here they are like a dessert and are eaten with jam, syrup, ice-cream or sugar.
For breakfast I like croissants or French toast. I guess I can consider myself one of the few lucky ones, since I never ever had to worry about my diet. No matter what I eat, I just don’t gain extra weight. Even though we (along with the Germans) are one of the biggest consumers of beer, I am a lonely exception to that. I just don’t like it. I do appreciate a good wine every now and then though.
My sleeping pattern is very irregular. It depends from day to day. I rarely watch TV, at all, unless it’s for watching a movie that I decided to see in advance. Instead I prefer to listen to some music.
I prefer taking showers, but enjoy a nice warm bath just as well.
I like to read and love Stephen King novels.

Guess that’s it. Hobbies I already mentioned in another thread, so I’m not gonna bore you with repeating that once again.

Finally.. I bow to you Motley.

I have the deepest respect for ordinary people like yourself who help out the less fortunate. And I emphasize ‘ordinary’, because it’s so easy for those so called warmhearted celebrities to make over some money, just so they can feel good about themselves.

Cheers!

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah- Coffee is ESSENTIAL! I am the only one in my house that drinks it though. I have a little milk and one SPLENDA with it.

I don't like to eat breakfast: usually I make breakfast for everyone else and sit and drink my coffee while they all eat.

BECAUSE I dont eat breakfast I usually eat lunch by 11:00!

I do not try to eat right....or I dont try very HARD. One of my vices in life is that I eat fast food A LOT: BURGER KING, WENDYS, PIZZA HUT, SUBWAY etc. I CAN cook but I prefer to eat something someone else cooked.(My motto is The Best Meal Is The One You Didn't Have To Cook Yourself)

I clean my house in some way shape or form every day. I have two floors so I usually alternate which floor I clean every day.

I collect '70s & '80s movies, '70s & '80s TV shows and '70s & '80s cds.

I run a '70s & '80s website and a DEGRASSI HIGH website.

My husband does not share my passion for the Old School stuff!

Showers, no baths.

I go to bed by 10 and get up by 9 (I love to sleep).

I used to sleep with the TV on but since teaching my daughter how to Go To Bed at night I now need total darkness and total quiet. Unfourtanetly my husband likes to fall asleep with the TV on. Every night is a battle.

I bring my chihuahua on vacation with me!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow...that's all cool, and now I have an actual respect for Motley from getting to know him better...that's all great stuff.

I am a Pepsi drinker...but I collect coca-cola stuff.

I hate fast food. If we go out to eat, I like to go to off the wall places that are privately owned...I don't like chain-type restaurants.

I just had people check out this morning...

I made them some Belgium Waffles, some sausage, a fruit cup and cream puffs and juice and coffee.

Tomorrow I am making Cherry Crepes, a Hash Brown Casserole, Chocolate Chip Muffins and Bacon.

I love trying new recipes.

It's cool hearing more about everyone.

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am a Pepsi drinker...but I collect coca-cola stuff.

Traitor! [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love having my coffee in the morning. i am very fortunate, as we have a wonderful coffee making machine at my job, where i can make myself lattes and have different kinds of coffee and tea. but i only drink tea when i am ill... you know, for sore throats and stuff.
i like my coffee light with sugar.. lots of sugar. [Roll Eyes]

i never had to watch what i ate, because i have always been petite.. and quite the shorty as well hehe. but over the last year, i have gained some weight in my hips area (as most women do, i guess.) and recently began dieting, not just to lose weight, but to feel better as well. my father's family has a history of heart disease....diabetes, high blood pressure..heart attacks. my father just had triple bypass surgery and i am more motivated than ever, to eat better - at least.
i try to stay away from fast foods (just for now) and i eat a lot of fish, chicken, brown rice and veggies.
for breakfast, i try yogurts and granola, wheat bread for toast and a lot of fruit.
i have never liked pancakes too much but i can eat them occasionaly. i prefer french toast but i don't really make it for myself or order it.

i love to read. i mostly tend to read autobiographies, or read about musicians or specific moments of music.
right now i am currently reading the twilight series.(and waiting for the movie to finally come out this december!)

There are only a couple of tv shows I watch but as far as television, I pay more attention to documentaries. I love animal kingdom, discovery channel and health discovery. I also love educational programming and shows like how it’s made (or done, don’t remember the title).. I recently watched a half hour on how they make vinyl records [Smile]
I do watch a lot of movies, I’ll give most movies a chance. I watch cable channels a lot and dvds constantly.

I try not to stay up late but sometimes it’s inevitable. I wake up early because I like to take time getting ready for work, while I drink my coffee and watch news.

I always take showers. And I try to make it as quick as possible, I don’t care too much for baths, because I personally don’t enjoy just sitting in water…I’d rather get clean and be on my way.

I love wine with dinner (only when I am at a restaurant). I enjoy a few beers at cookouts or just when I am relaxing around the house on a Friday night. My fridge is always stocked with it, incase company shows up [Big Grin]
My dad is a musician, so when we go out to see his gigs, I love having a few drinks with friends and family…and I loooove to dance..to all kinds of music!

I love spending time with my daughter..taking her to the movies, the comic book store, I take her skating, and watching movies at home too.
I love collecting things..mainly movie memorabilia, superhero stuff, and my daughter collects little jewelry boxes – all kinds and rocks.
I love going to the improve comedy club, having dinner and laughing my buns off [Big Grin]

I want to visit the museum soon and look at dinosaur artifacts with my kid and take her to some art functions, and see some plays as well at the gammage auditorium.
I guess I don’t have any major hobbies.. I just like hanging around and spending time with those I care about. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a cool topic Isis. Always good to add more dimensions to each Rewinder. Here goes:

Do you drink coffee or tea for breakfast?
Straight up tea drinker, plain, no cream no sugar. My favorites are English Breakfast, Raspberry and Chinese Oolong. I also drink tea at night before bed or in the evening. It's comforting.

Do you watch what you eat...like do you eat things low in cholesterol...or not eat meat?
I'm not super conscious about it but I try to do everything in moderation. If I could eat mac & cheese and mashed potatoes everyday, I would but I've been much better. I do eat meat. God gave us teeth for a reason [Smile] .

What are your favorite breakfast foods?
Usually eat a blueberry Nutri Grain bar with my cup of tea before work but if I'm out for breakfast, pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns!! SOOO GOOD!

Do you read or watch tv at night before you go to bed? I usually put a DVD on. The last few nights it's been Season 3 of Charles in Charge until I fall asleep. I do read in the evenings sometimes, mostly biographies about musicians (Motely Crue's The Dirt is quite a read) or famous people who have passed on (i.e., Buddy Holly or Marilyn Monroe).

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or do you go to bed early and get up early? I NEVER get enough sleep. This is one of the biggest pet peeves in my life and it's my own fault. I try to get in bed by like midnight but I usually don't fall asleep til 12:30-1. I get up at 7. Brutal! On weekends I sleep til 9:30-10 and I go to bed around 2:30 a.m.

Do you take showers or baths? Showers. I'm not one to take a tubby...haha.

What are your hobbies outside of liking the 80's? Definitely movies, music or my Ipod. Reading, shopping (finding new places to shop), collecting photos and putting together little albums. I love looking at photography books by artists like Patrick Nagel or Guy Bourdin. I also enjoy reading about Astronomy, UFOlogy & the Roswell Incident. I'm Star Trek the Next Generation trekie and proud of it. I love being outside and just hanging out or doing something productive. I like shooting hoops. I really like going for night rides in my car, especially in the summer when it's hot and the windows are down and I can just zone out and listen to my 80's music. I'm definitly up for going on little day trips to NYC or anywhere for that matter. I enjoy going to museums and I have an affinity for seeing dinosaurs, mummies, or space memorabilia. I'm totally intrigued by the beach and the ocean. Love colleting sea shells. You wanna give me a cool present??...find me a killer shell and I'll love you forever!! I like going to Hockey games in the winter or going to ski resorts and sitting in the lodge watching people come down the slopes while I relax and share a hot chocolate with a friend. Oh and I love Pug dogs!! I'm all about the PUG!!

So...what does everyone like to do in their spare time...aside from hanging out here?? Well see above but I'll just end it with saying I love to hang out with my friends and family. Life is to be lived and I hate people who are lazy and have no ambition to do anything but lay around like a slug. Get up!! You'll have plenty of time to be a slouch when you're 80!! [Razz]

[ 11. July 2008, 09:26: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's all cool stuff about everyone.

I agree on the being lazy too. I can't stand disorganization. I am obsessivly compulsively neat. One thing I notice alot about people when they stay here are if they are messy or neat.

Even when I go on vacation and I stay in a hotel, I make the beds in the morning, before the maid comes in...I can not leave a room all messed up.

I think if I could choose another job ...I would be a professional organizer...or a pastry chef- [Wink] -I love desserts....especially creme brulee.

I love macaroni and cheese too! I hardly ever eat boxed food. But, I use to live on Kraft Mac n Cheese in the 80's, when I had my own apartment and didn't have much money.

The one thing I hate that alot of people LOVE are those Ramen noodles...like Oodles of Noodles...I think those things are awful, but I know people who buy them by the case fulls.

In the 80's, I use to love Big Macs at McDonalds...today I think they are just horrible.

I do like that people all have their own personal preferences of things, I love learning stuff from other people...and even though my opinion isn't always the same as someone else's , I actually like that people don't like the same things as me...that's what makes the world a fun place to be...think how boring it would be if we were all the same.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't drink coffee or tea for breakfast...I am completely addicted to Dr. Pepper, with the occasional Mt.Dew or Coke thrown in. I don't watch what I eat, even though I really, really should. My dad says I have no willpower. But I do try to pack my own lunch and not eat those school lunches, cause they have so many calories in them. I like pancakes, but I don't eat them that often because they make me jittery and I'm usually hungry a few hours after I eat. I couldn't sleep late if I tried...I'm up by 7, whether it's a school day or not, and I couldn't stay up late if I tried, either, LOL. I am definitely a bath girl, I don't shower unless I'm on vacation and try to be quick about it. In my spare time I love to read (mysteries and thrillers, none of that romance crap), watch TV, listen to music (mainly rock, none of that bubblegum pop crap) and play with my dogs. It's my goal this year to do more stuff with the kids at school, like come to their basketball games and dances and stuff. They always ask, and I always have some excuse ready, which I know I shouldn't do. As my screen name indicates, I am a big fan of Nascar's Petty family, especially Adam, who was killed several years ago while practicing for a race. And I am a HUGE Chicago Bears fan!

[ 11. July 2008, 12:02: Message edited by: pettyfan ]

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never liked pancakes before either...but then I discovered the recipe on the back of a box of Bisquick...they are called "Melt in Your Mouth Pancakes", and you add sugar, baking powder, and lemon juice to the recipe...and they are so awesome. I started to love making pancakes now. It is almost like cake batter...and they are really fluffy.

I use to have a hard time getting pancakes to flip right without making a huge mess....but now I have that figured out too, and I have these cool molds to make pancakes in...so for the 4th of July I made Star shaped pancakes for people.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good stuff all. I agree as far as Pepsi is concerned - only if Coke is not available. That's cool that a couple of you are into UFO stuff. Some good reads are:
The Roswell Encyclopedia
The Interrupted Journey
The Stargate Conspiracy
The Andreasson Affair
Fire in the Sky - The Walton Experience
Communion
Just to name a handful I have read.

By the way Pettyfan, I always thought the "Petty" was for Tom Petty. [Big Grin]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

For the Splenda crowd:

These are great!:
http://www.liptont.com/our_products/iced_tea_to_go/index.asp

All Splenda, no calories... Tastes great...

I'll write up my "Getting to know more about each other... " a little later...

TKO,

You're Belgian right? I think in your country pancakes are called crepes right? Or, is that just in France? Sorry if I mixed it up... [Smile] I used to go to this French restaurant all of the time, and, I LOVED their crepes...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just got done making crepes for breakfast tomorrow...crepes are totally different from a pancake...they are much thinner....they are alot bigger too than a pancake. Mine have sugar, flour, milk, cinnamon and eggs in them. Then you cook them in a crepe pan. My crepes, I stick a mixture in the middle of ...whipped cream, powdered sugar and cream cheese...then I roll them up and stick fruit on top of them. I am using cherry pie filling on the ones I made for tomorrow...and then I dust them with powdered sugar.

I think crepes are pretty much made the same all over the world though...but I never see them in restaurants much...except at IHOP...but I don't have one near me.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...Crepes are totally different from a pancake...they are much thinner....they are alot bigger too than a pancake. Mine have sugar, flour, milk, cinnamon and eggs in them. Then you cook them in a crepe pan. My crepes, I stick a mixture in the middle of ...whipped cream, powdered sugar and cream cheese...then I roll them up and stick fruit on top of them. I am using cherry pie filling on the ones I made for tomorrow...and then I dust them with powdered sugar...

If you are a fan of Monty Python's Flying Circus, you would agree that the recipe calls for the following added ingredients: Spam, spam, spam, eggs, bacon, spam, baked beans, sausage, spam, spam, spam, Hollandaise sauce, spam, spam, spam, spam, ham, hash browns, spam, spam, spam, spinach, spam, braised beef, spam, spam, and spam! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you drink coffee or tea for breakfast? I don't eat breakfast too often. When i do eat breakfast it's usually in a restaurant and coffee is a must. I do drink coffee or tea quite often when I'm at home in the evening.

Do you watch what you eat...like do you eat things low in cholesterol...or not eat meat... I have the worst diet imaginable. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 275 yet my cholesterol is good, I have no signs of diabetes and my blood pressure is good usually about 124/82. I'm a definite carnivore as the majority of my diet is meat based and hardly ever eat any fruits or vegetables.

It's weird...some people hate pancakes...some people hate french toast...so...

what are your favorite breakfast foods? For breakfast I like omlettes, eggs benedict, steak and eggs. Not a fan at all of pancakes, french toast or waffles.

Do you read or watch tv at night before you go to bed? I watch way too much TV a lot of times it's just on for background environment. But I have been watching a lot of truTV and National geographic lately. I like to read about rock music and movies. I also read true crime stories on occasion.

Do you stay up late and sleep in late or do you go to bed early and get up early? Since I've been off work for two months due to my back surgery I've been staying up until 3am or so most nights and wake up when I wake up. When I'm working I stay up until somewhere between 11-12 and wake up at 4:15 since I have to be to work by 5am. I take two hour naps quite frequently whether I'm working or not.

Do you take showers or baths? (I just stayed in a hotel with 2 of my friends...and they both take baths every morning...where I prefer showers.) I'm a shower guy all the way. I think a hot bath would be good for my back right now I just think I'd have a really hard time getting out of the tub at the moment

Alot of people like to have a glass of wine after they have gone out to dinner....some people like wine before they go to dinner...I never drink ever....I'm not a wine or champagne drinker at all and rarely have alcohol of any kind during my meals. I do go to the bar quite often and drink my share of beer, sometimes probably too much. I never have any alcohol or pop in my house; I only drink those when I'm out. I do drink a ton of water in my house and usually have two pitchers in my refrigerator at all times.

What are your hobbies outside of liking the 80's? I watch a lot of movies, listen to my music, keep up with my fantasy sports teams and play a lot of interactive trivia at the bar.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home