iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Please Post!! Show why the Rewind is a special place (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please Post!! Show why the Rewind is a special place
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Everyone! I just wanted to start a thread to continue to encourage everyone who visits The Rewind to please post as often as possible.

I know we are all busy and you can't visit or post as often as you might want .. but even if it is a small observation or just that you enjoy something.. please let everyone know it.

Some of us have been here for years and we do revisit movies and subjects quite often.. but it is a blast for me to discuss stuff with everyone new or old. And just when you think you have exhausted every idea, someone comes up with something totally new.

If you haven't noticed.. I never get tired of discussing movies or music. Also, while we collectively have quite a few folks that post on a regular basis, I think you would be amazed by how many people visit The Rewind and use it as a resource.

Oh and I love it when one of The Rewind movie pages or messageboard threads comes up on a Google search!

So what I'm trying to say is.. Don't forget to post!!

Let's make this easy to start.. let us know that you are here and enjoy the Rewind! [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive been absent from here for a few weeks , but just got a new laptop so im hoping to post as much as i can remember from my absent weeks
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK......

I post so that people don't forget who I am.

I actually spend way more time on here than my post count suggests, seeing as a lot of time is spend reading and chacking posts to make sure that the board stays as friendly as it aims to be. That's not always easy, given the mix of personalities that we get and the fact that, on occasion, things can get out of hand. But I do enjoy being able to help people out - especially those who seem to have created an obsessive need to identify a long-ago-seen movie from the smallest snippet of information.

I've been here since.... well, seems like for ever now!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Paul like we'd ever forget WHO YOU ARE! [Smile]

I seriously don't think I know the story though of how you came about here? Were you and Nick friends in real life? or online buds? have you guys met in real life? I swear I think you have?

Well everyone it's my day off and i'm up at 6 am drinking coffee and what am I doing? checking the Rewind!

I hold the Rewind real close to my heart. I think all of us have built such a fun resource of 80s knowledge here. It's fun for me to search something to find I posted something years ago and see if my opinion has changed now?

Everyone here is so creative and funny.

I've made so many great friends here........friends i've met in real life.......I know no one has the count and experiences I do! [Smile] I wouldn't trade for nothing.

Even last week I heard a song while at work, I couldn't place it......it was driving me crazy I google it.......it's the opening song from Little Darlings! NOONE even knew Little Darlings!!! we are talking people of all ages.....people I thought "were cool" haha [Smile] This is why I have you guys.

I really do hold this place close to my heart.....it's made me smile on a crappy day many times. Which is why I get protective when I feel things are taking a bad tone. I'm really just a sweetheart with a mission!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we got Amaranth back from a broken computer and the Terminator. We are on a roll! [Big Grin]

Who else is lurking? I know Muffy and Ronnie are on stealth mode most of the time.. but I know they are here! [Wink]

What about all the visitors? Anyone want to login/join and say hi?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Case in point.. Muffy sneaks a post in front of mine on 'Stealth Mode'! ha
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Ok Paul like we'd ever forget WHO YOU ARE! [Smile]

I seriously don't think I know the story though of how you came about here? Were you and Nick friends in real life? or online buds? have you guys met in real life? I swear I think you have?

OK - let me think waaay, waaay back.....

I'd never met Nick before joining the site. I can't exactly recall how I first found The Rewind - probably it wasn't any different from most others here, in that I'd have been searching for some information on a movie (no, Valley - NOT Some Kind Of Wonderful, as that review hadn't been written at the time!) and when I got here I liked what I saw and spent a little time looking around.

I decided to try my hand at writing a review (this time it was for Some Kind Of Wonderful!) and was very pleased to get it published - It's still HERE to this day.

I wrote a few more reviews, started posting on the Forums, got chatting to Nick via PM, swapped emails, and eventualy chatted on the phone, at which point he asked whether I felt I could take a more 'official' role on the site. Of course, I said yes, and things kinda grew from there.

Nick and I have actually met, we shared a beer of three in a nice little pub in the town where he works, which (as coincidence has it) is only about four miles from where I live! We're looking to arrange another get together this summer, as there may be a few other Site Admin things that I can help out on.

And... that's it, really. I've made loads of friends on the site, have a fair few of you as Facebook friends, have spoken to some via the telephone (namely Devolution and for those that recall him, Smayt Shatner). You're good people. Well.... most of you.... [Smile]

Through the years, I've also needed to deal with some pretty crappy stuff here as well, such as the time we were infested with a particularly loathsome character who registered under a number of names, and all of them eventually got canned after some detective work allowed us to present some details of his online activity to the relevant authorities stateside, including his name, address, phone number, picture, and all of the IP addresses and email addresses he'd ever used with us. That was tough, especially as I was getting emails from him at an address I'd never registered with, so he was also trying to locate me.... So for anyone who thinks being a Moderator or Admin is all fun and power, think again. It's only about 98.5% fun and power....

Anyhoo - that's my Rewind story. Thanks for asking, Muffy!

[ 16. June 2011, 03:24: Message edited by: P a u l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the story Paul!! that was awesome [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Thanks for the story Paul!! that was awesome [Smile]

You're welcome! You know, you were right....

quote:
I'm really just a sweetheart with a mission!

You are!
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a stealther too [Razz] I pop on here about 50 times a day [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Paul that was an incredible story! What are the odds of you living so close to Nick?

And thanks for answering my question before I asked it.. ha!

I remember Nick telling the story about how the site came to be.. always thought that it was a very cool story too.

You both should be very proud of what this site has become to so many people around the world. [Cool] [Karate Kid]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Everybody lives close to somebody....
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...i think Ilve mentioned a few times already how I came about first finding the Rewind...but in case you forgot, it was a random google search on the film "My Science Project" that led me here. I was instantly drawn in by the cool 80's eye candy and in depth reviews on many of my favorite films.

One thing i've learned, if nothing else, by being a member of the Rewind for as long as I have is that I'm NOT as big of an 80's movie buff as I once thought I was. My knowledge is distant to none compared to some other members. But I'm not saying this in a negative way. I think it's an awesome thing. And it's not like some of my obscure movie knowledge hasn't been of some use here and there. I've been told a couple of my random reviews were pretty good.

So anyway, if i'm ever looking to sit down to watch a good 80's flick, or look to watch one i've yet to see..i always refer to the Rewind first. It's because of you guys here that I've been able to discover such forgotten gems as: Streets of Fire, 3:15, Spellbinder, and most recently, a re-interest in the Critters Saga, just to name a few. So I got nothin but love for everyone here and the vast knowledge you all so generously dish out free of charge. [Smile]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm here because of using search engine for looking up info on Back to School. Been a member since. Great board ran by great people. Met several friends on here (pitt, noms, ronnie, sam, petty, etc). I also like watercolor and long alcohol induced walks on the beach. And Noms one day we will meet at Download (hopefully it will be a better lineup than this years) and enjoy loud brutal music and multiple beers.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Anyone else wanna share their Rewind Initiation story?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. My story's short: This site was recommended to me by a wonderful, 80s savvy friend. I got here and discovered: nice, incredibly knowledgable folks; great discussions; and an outstanding historical record of information for the ages.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Googled The Karate Kid, found The Karate Kid site, signed up to the board. Still enter the forums through the KK site.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was 2000, the 80s' were still considered desperately uncool. As a Tom Cruise fan I thought there was a distinct lack of info on old school Cruise films online. Wondering if the movie 'Cocktail' had been released on DVD, I stumbled upon the Rewind, wrote a review and the rest, as they say, is retro history.

What's strange is that now we’ve been on the nostalgia curve for so long, we can, in theory, be nostalgic for the nostalgia. Remember this?...

-

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome Kash!

I know Nick, don't kill me.......but I still miss that side scroll with all the movies listed....I know there is the new one....but it's not the same for me haha

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did I first come across this place? Simple really - it's the same good old fashioned reason that guys have for doing many things in life......I was following a hot girl [Wink]

God knows how many years later, and I'm still following......x

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Well it's good to see you still here and still stalking, Duckie!
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the Rewind one wintery afternoon when I was searching for the song "What About Me?" and looking up stuff on the 'Burbs (surprise, surprise LOL). I've met some great people on here, and even though I don't get on as often as I used to, I still visit frequently, even if I don't post anything. I know that, chances are, if I'm looking for something 80s that I can't quite remember I can come here and ask and someone will know what I'm talking about. [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming up on four years as a Rewinder. I stumbled across it looking for a movie I remembered as a kid....I had vague images of a movie that literally drove me crazy for years and years and I googled and googled...nothing...til I found the Rewind and my grief was ended.

I got off to a slow start, mostly reading what others posted...I was kinda intimidated by the vast knowledge of everyone and felt I didn't have much to contribute....it was an odd feeling cause I thought I loved 80's movies more than anyone in the world...and knew more about them than anyone....hmmmm....apparently not!

Ever love something so much (80's movies) and feel that no one else shared your passion or interest....no one I personally knew was an 80's buff.....my 80's passion kinda felt like maybe watching the Superbowl by yourslef....just not as fun. So when I stumbled across the Rewind, it was really nice to know I wasn't alone.

I absolutely love the Rewind and check it out at least once a day, though lately have not had much time to post....I experienced a really rough couple of months which I started to vent about on the Rewind, but quickly pulled away as I felt I was creating a "buzz kill" in a place I liked to go to feel good....so.....sorry for the "poor me" stories. Things are back on track and I'm hoping to start posting more...thanks for the reminder Valley. * I worry that if people don't start posting enough, we'll start to lose our top prospects.....I'll not name names for fear of leaving anyone out.....

Let's get things rollin on the Rewind!!!!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in ´07-´08 i woke up and said to myself that the time has come!
80s rules, deal with it!
I love movies from that era and there´s so many cool memories watching them.

So i started collecting 80s movies basically from the scratch
and loved watching my old favorites again and finding great films i had never seen before.

Soon this cool looking site caught my attention
and it´s been a wild ride ever since.

I want to thank all of you out there
and let´s continue to keep this site the coolest 80s movie site there ever was and ever will be.

Cheers!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this place searching for a movie a few years back as well and I've made alot of good friends here. Though I don't have the time like I used to to visit and post so much anymore, I still hold the rewind close to my heart.... it has helped me "come out of my shell" so to speak and also share my love of all that is the 80's. I also want to thank you all for keeping the 80's alive and being good friends! [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home