iRewind Talk
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » TV's Wonder Woman comes clean (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TV's Wonder Woman comes clean
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lynda Carter TV's Wonder Woman admits to being an alcoholic.

Lynda Carter article

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a bummer ...I have always thought she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
Her face was totally perfect...back when she played Wonder Woman.

My friend has met her many many times, she's actually his neigbor.

Did you see the related story about her, that she found a body floating in the Potomac Rover, when she was out in a boat by herself. It was a 47 year old woman. That is a bizarre story.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading a story about her being an alcholic a few years ago (Now granted- it was PROBABLY in THE NATIONAL ENQUIRERE or something - I read those "rag sheets" whenever I go on vacation).
I agree with ISIS in thinking Lynda Carter had such a beautiful face . Those eyes!
I must have missed the "found a body" story.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were talking on the other thread about people who we thought were attractive and unattractive...

and the whole thing with Jessica Biel made me think of Lynda Carter...and the difference from her to Lynda Carter...

I just like Lynda Carter's face...and think she's gorgeous....where I don't think Jessica compares to someone like Lynda Carter:

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/c/lyndacarter/

Look at some of the pictures of Lynda Carter

I like the way Lynda Carter is built too...she looks more feminine looking to me...Jessica does have a more masculine body....I admit she is in amazing shape...

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
On that website...the top row of photos, the second one from the left...I think that is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of anybody.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still prefer Jessica though....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, ISIS, I'll take the Old School Beauties like Lynda Carter and Jaclyn Smith over the new pretty faces any day.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said - still prefer Jessica. But feel free to organise a line-up, so I can be sure I'm making an informed decision.....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll volunteer to be judge as well. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly,

Lynda Carter is a hottie, but, to me this:

-

Doesn't beat this:

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take both! Nice pics.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I'll tell you one of the things that I hate about women today...is the whole implant thing...

I don't know if Jessica Biel has them or not...she doesn't look like it...but I swear they all do today....

Women from the 70's and 80's looked so much more natural, and they didn't have a bunch of fake body parts.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny how most of the guys think Jessica is the bigger hottie while the girls think Lynda is. Is it jealously of her being younger or something?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Well Isis, if you 'swear thay all do'- I guess Jessica must have them because otherwise the only false thing I'm seeing is that statement....

If you believe women in the 80s didn't go in for boob jobs, you must have selective memory. It was probably even more widespread in the movie and tv industry than it is today. Today, it's mainly in the Adult Movie industry where enhancement is most common, whereas back in the 80s, it permeated mainstream movie and TV in a way that just doesn't happen these days.....

Oh - and from those two pictures : Jessica for me still.....

TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
Oh - and from those two pictures : Jessica for me still.....

Same here.

Heck, I'd even prefer the tired Jessica over Lynda Carter. [Smile]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I think maybe we prefer Lynda Carter because we looked up to her as children as the embodiment (word?) of what as women we hoped to be. I think we watched shows like WONDER WOMAN (Lynda Carter), CHARLIES ANGELS (Jaclyn Smith, Farrah Fawcet, Kate Jackson, etc), BEWITCHED (Elizabeth Montgomery) and JEANIE (Barbara Eden) and hoped we would turn out like them some day. For the most part they happened to be good role models too (well, maybe not Jeanie....who was a panting slave to Larry Hagman! but the others were big, srong, bodacious and vivacious).

Not for ME personally but I will throw ISIS on there for Isis and I know a lot of little girls probably looked up to Daisy Duke (Catherine Bach) and THE BIONIC WOMAN (Lindsay Wagner)too.

I think they were more than just Sex Symbols to us because we were kids and had aspirations of turning out as good as they did. We idolized them, to an extent.

And it just happend the ones I liked STILL look good !

Me jealous of Jessica Alba? Sure. Me jealous of Jessica Biel? No. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and I am not knocked down by her (alleged) beauty.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there's nothing wrong with liking lynda carter or nothing wrong with thinking she's gorgeous... she is a beautiful woman. but why is every other thread turning into a rant about how unattractive people are?
to me, jessica biel is not an ugly girl...she has a great body for crying out loud.
i don't get what's so 'boyish' about her looks? judging from the picture above....the hair, the bikini...could she get any more feminine??
sorry, you can think jessica is ugly all you want, and that's fine but i don't understand the 'manly' comments.
y'all are nit-pickin! lol

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am not saying that everyone out there is ugly. I just don't think Jessica Biel is good looking.

This is the truth too...I was watching the E! channel this morning...and Jessica Biel came on the screen, and I asked my son if he thought she was good looking-and he has not seen me writing anything about her...and he said no way...so I thought that was funny...because I did not influence that at all, he said change the channel.

He says all the time.. where are all the good looking women on TV...like he thinks Donna Dixon is gorgeous, and he liked Erin Gray on Silver Spoons, he likes the girls in the heavy metal videos...he thought Tawney Kitaen in the Whitesnake video was like the most perfect looking girl he ever saw...

I honestly am not jealous of Jessica Biel, not even slightly...and not because she's younger than me, for sure.

This thread was about people you dislike for no apparent reason...and I never liked her...and that's where this topic came from...and the other thread on Lynda Carter...I just said I thought she was prettier than the girls that are out there today. I am not starting topics on who's ugly.

I agree completely with mamamia....the women I looked up to...including Joanna Cameron....were very strong women....they didn't come across as being sleazey...they were feminine ...yet they had good day jobs....the bionic woman was a teacher and a tennis pro....and Joanna on Isis was an archealogist and a science teacher...those are real life jobs that girls could become...

Look at what Lynda Carter's life has turned in to in the real world...I understand she really isn't Wonder Woman...but we're talking about TV...and the influence it has on people, and the way people look does influence people.

I thought all the Charlies Angels were gorgeous, including Tanya Roberts and Cheryl Ladd.

I can not honestly think of someone current who I think is good looking....

hmmm...

oh wait..

I think Samantha Harris is really pretty...she is the host on Dancing with the Stars. I think she has a pretty face.

Now, I could care less honestly if everyone on here has Jessica Biel posters plastered on their walls....

[Confused] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jaclyn Smith was the hottest "Angel".
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISIS,

Hey, Donna Dixon is gorgeous, and he liked Erin Gray on Silver Spoons, he likes the girls in the heavy metal videos...he thought Tawney Kitaen in the Whitesnake video...

They are definitely very gorgeous as well...

Cheryl Ladd was it for me when I was a kid... [Smile]

All right, enough bickering... Lets all hug... [Big Grin]

Just remember, "You look Marvelous"

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OMG! I loved when Billy Crystal did him....That's when SNL was very cool.

Do you remember the song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZl3gGV4H6c

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISIS mentioned Tawney Kitaen. Wasn't she the one who was arrested for domestic violence after beating up her husband, a baseball player?

Oh, wait a minute, she is! [Eek!]

Here's the mugshot and arrest report:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/kitaen1.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I know she looks hideous in that photo. I was talking about the Whitesnake videos...she was gorgeous in Bachelor Party and Witchboard.

I don't know why it seems everyone either loses their mind, becomes an alcoholic, or overdoses?

Even Donna Dixon doesn't look so great any more. I actually am scared ...because those women aren't much older than me...and I don't like the idea of getting old and all wrinkled.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
OOOH...I forgot about Erin Grey. I had a big crush on her as well as Tawney. I love Witchboard. I had some crazy experiences of my own back in the day with Ouija boards.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Now I dont know how much plastic surgery is involved but you know who else looked great THEN and still looks great NOW?: Morgan Fairchild!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home