iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Academy Awards 2011 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Academy Awards 2011
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Thanks for the Oscar updates Kash!! Brilliant stuff as always..

My pleasure. I backed the wrong horse with Black Swan though!
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
no mention of corey haim in the memoriam.....

From fame to shame...
Seriously, this is shocking!
Yet another reason why i don´t watch these shows.

And Feldman goes mad

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Staten Island represent! I teach some of the brothers and sisters of those kids that sang over the rainbow. Then yesterday the sang on Oprah. Talk about life being awesome, she gave them all laptops.

Good stuff.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo.. that performance by your students younger siblings was probably the highlight of the show. And the laptops from Oprah is icing on the cake.

Ronnie & aTomiK.. I totally thought about Corey Haim during the segment, but just thought that maybe his tribute had been in the previous year. That statement by The Academy was a joke.. Corey Haim was a popular child/teen star and for them to leave him out of the segment is a major omission in my opinion. I usually think Corey Feldman is too abrasive, but I actually support him on this instance.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i completely agree with feldman. i'm not really a fan of haim but i definitely think the academy's statement was crappy. screw them.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only watched bits and pieces of the Oscars. It is not worth it forme to sit through 3 plus hours of boredom. I heard that everyone hated Anne Hathaway and James Franco as hosts (they were too stiff, too boring etc.) but I told my husband- I don't care who is hosting. It is ALWAYS boring. Billy Crystal was good for the first 5-10 minutes with his act, then the rest of it would be BORING!
Also, can anyone tell me if this is true? Oprah aka The Queen aka The Vice Pres. presented an award and she would not move out of the way for the recipient to get their statue? The recip. had to walk around Her Highness and reach backwards to retrieve their statue?!

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never watch award shows, the make me dry heeve!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, a "yay" from me for the nominations for Winter's Bone. It was a really good low budget indie flick. Really sad. The acting was excellent though. I hope that means that newcomer Jennifer Lawrence gets some more work. And John Hawkes deserved the nom for Best Supporting actor.
BTW, Melissa Leo was in an indie flick last year or 2009 called Frozen River. It was pretty good-if you like those sort of movies you may want to check it out.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

JayLee, I feel the same way, lol!
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like watching the oscars...and all other awards shows. they aren't always as boring as this year's was. but franco and hathaway were not good. oh well, it happens.

pitts, oprah was standing in the way, but i just took it as, she didn't think to move over.. but she eventually did and i don't recall her not handing over the award.

i am very interested in winter's bone. jennifer lawrence looked beautiful at the show.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Franco fully entertained me [Razz] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3x5VzdfN0I

I used to be like Jay, but I've stayed up till nearly 5am and watched the last 2 years.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what's funny is the only Oscar movie I saw this year was Winter's Bone, because I grew up near the Ozarks, it was so boring for me I couldn't watch all of it.......I tried.....it's very indie.......but i'm an awful judge I can't sit through new movies much anymore [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, the Oscars came, were terrible, and are gone for another year. My favorite comment by someone on-line was that Jame Franco looked like that lacrosse player with heavy lids and a smirk that you wished your daughter wouldn't spend so much time with, and Anne Hathaway was like a brain dead cheerleader "who-hooing" every presenter and in general acting like she was hosting Saturday Night Live. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a smirk [Smile]

Melissa Leo's "oops" was so bad [Smile]

[ 01. March 2011, 10:51: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.. I thought Bob Hope was hilarious though. I think we should do an entire Oscars broadcast that way.. with celebrities from the past as presenters.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they find SCTV's Dave Thomas to mimic Hope's voice? His impression of Hope was always spot on. [Smile]

Not to trample on legends, but I knew a musician who played with Bob Hope and didn't like him much at all. He said that he was the cheapest man alive and would never pay a restaurant bill. His attitude was "Your payment is the privilege you had in serving me, the great Bob Hope."

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

valley, i would love to see more highlight moments from previous oscar shows. the academy awards have been around 80+ years! to think about all the footage we could see, it's a great idea. [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
no mention of corey haim in the memoriam..... Or Ingrid Pitt

Outrageous.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no mention of corey haim in the memoriam
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
...Or Ingrid Pitt
Peter Graves ("Airplane!" movie) wasn't mentioned in the "In Memoriam" segment either. Or maybe it's because he's better known as a TV actor ("Mission: Impossible") than for his movie roles.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home