iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed jdocster04.In this image she sure looks tired.

Regards.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a tabloid magazine out right now...I saw it today in the grocery store...it showed a bunch of celebs with no makeup on....I have no idea why they leave the house without makeup...I mean it takes 2 seconds to stick some eye liner and lipstick on...when celebs don't even make an effort...that's kind of sad...because they really are paid to look a certain way. Wether people say that looks shouldn't matter or not...in the entertainment industry they really do matter.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they want to go out and not be recognized. Maybe just once they'd like to buy a loaf of bread without being swarmed by fans.

Evidently looks don't mean anything in the entertainment industry because according to you no celebrities look good anymore. There sure seem to be a lot of people who are famous nowdays.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a pic of Lynda Carter without makeup?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Anyone have a pic of Lynda Carter without makeup?

-

JUST KIDDING!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
There's a tabloid magazine out right now...I saw it today in the grocery store...it showed a bunch of celebs with no makeup on....I have no idea why they leave the house without makeup...I mean it takes 2 seconds to stick some eye liner and lipstick on...when celebs don't even make an effort...that's kind of sad...because they really are paid to look a certain way. Wether people say that looks shouldn't matter or not...in the entertainment industry they really do matter.

Uh, ISIS, you're not a celebrity. Celebs put WAY more makeup than most "normal" people do, even if it's not for a TV or movie part.

And there are times when a celeb isn't wearing makeup because they want to go out (like shopping, errands, coffee, take the kids to school, etc.) and NOT be recognized and hounded by paparazzi.

It gets to be shocking when they find themselves on a tabloid with no makeup, and looking not-so-glamorous.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
quote:
 -

JUST KIDDING!

Wow! I was not aware Rosie O'Donnell is trying to become the new "Wonder Woman"! [Eek!] [Razz]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice.

I know they wear a ton of make up...that's my point...if they didn't ...they wouldn't look like they do on the cover of the magazines.
They look like regular people.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Anyone have a pic of Lynda Carter without makeup? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">  -

JUST KIDDING!

OK, two things... This is just funny as hell... [Big Grin]

Second... Lets all just be friends... OK?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree...I only posted that pic to lighten the mood. Some of you get waaaaaayyyyy to serious at times. I'm here for fun and laughs and new friends. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That picture doesn't bother me any...if that guy wearing it (that is a guy-right?)...if he didn't mind walking down the street like that...then more power to "him".
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Getting back to the topic at hand...

One actor that I don't particularly care for is Kevin Costner. He seems to have no personality; just plain blah!

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
Getting back to the topic at hand...

One actor that I don't particularly care for is Kevin Costner. He seems to have no personality; just plain blah!

To me, it seems more like he has the SAME personality in almost all of his movies. He's not near the top of my list (or even on the first page), but he is OK for me. "Revenge" is my favorite movie from him. I also liked "The Postman" and a few others.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good pick, 80sRocked, revenge is my favorite costner movie as well. [Smile]

one actor who always manages to have "the same personality" to me, is jack nicolson (sp)
i know people adore him, but i personally get tired of him. from role to role, he doesn't change, in my opinion.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:

one actor who always manages to have "the same personality" to me, is Jack Nicholson

I can see that Nowhere. He was brilliant in A Few Good Men though (and others).

Cruise also seems to portray the same personality in alot of movies. I still think he is a very good actor and I like most of his stuff.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i must admit, jack was excellent in a few good men (one of my faves), same goes for cruise. it's their style of acting, i think?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me ive gotta say i cant get on with Jim Carrey or Jude Law.
Ive got a great sense of humour but Carrey just doesnt make me laugh.anyone can pull a face.He just makes me wanna switch off.
As for Jude Law,he is just tryin to be the next sir Michael Caine and thats never gonna happen.
Caine is a legend,but Law is just more wooden than a wooden thing made from wood.Probably from boring wood too lol

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Shatner:
Jude Law

Not the best out there, but he did some movies I like alot:

Gattaca
Existenz
Cold Mountain

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Cruise
John Travolta
Jenna Elfman
Leah Remini
Jason Lee
Ethan Suplee
Catherine Bell
Kirstie Alley
Giovanni Ribisi
Danny Masterson
Anne Archer
Kelly Preston
Mimi Rogers
Juliette Lewis
Laura Prepon

The list goes on, and im sure you can guess why!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timothy Olyphant. Why does this dude keep getting acting roles and most importantly why was he chosen as the bad guy for a blockbuster like "Live Free or Die Hard?" His acting is way too one dimensional......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about his starring role in the HITMAN movie?? They should have given that role to me:)
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people sure has different taste.I guess that`s a good thing,at least for all the actors around.I like John travolta.I think he is better of acting than singing like he used to do.I also always liked Kevin Costner and Leah remini(for no good reason maybe)
Jude Law,Jeff Goldblum,Billy Crystal,Steve Martin and Jerry Stiller however....no thanks [Wink]

[ 23. August 2008, 06:27: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

You'd have probably done a better job Jaylee lol. On another note, I feel like Kevin Costner is another one dimensional actor with the inability to act in more than one type of role.....
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I never liked Steve Martin much either. I love The Spanish Prisoner, but not because of Martin. I thought it was a well written movie with nice twists.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Part of NowhereGirl's post:
quote:

...One actor who always manages to have "the same personality" to me, is Jack Nicholson. I know people adore him, but i personally get tired of him. from role to role, he doesn't change, in my opinion.

You need to see "About Schmidt". He made me forget that he was 'Jack Nicholson the Star' and really got into the role itself.

But I can see your point: several of his movies makes you wonder why he's in the movie. That's probably because he is such a big star, that sometimes you think of him as simply Jack, instead of the role that he's trying to play.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home