iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who do you just hate watching on the big screen/TV?I am certain most of you have a few ones.Maybe it`s not anything wrong with their acting skills, you generally Just dislike this actor in a strangely unexplained way.

I have at least two.Max von Sydow and Ashton Kutcher.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woody Allen. To me, he's not funny at all and I don't like his movies.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel Woody Allen is very overrated too.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Ashton Kutcher either.

I know I got in deep trouble on here for saying I couldn't stand Patsy Kensit in Lethal Weapon 2.

There's lots of actors I can't stand..that are probably more current actors...

I can not stand Jack Black or Ben Stiller, and everyone loves them both. They annoy me to no end.

I can't stand Matthew McCaughney and Kate Hudson.

I never could stand Vin Diesel.

I have a good friend who is a celebrity photographer....and he's met everyone from Clint Eastwood to George Lucas to Muhammed Ali to Princess Diana.....and it's funny how many people he's met and who he says is a total jerk.

He said Kevin Spacey and Teri Hatcher are really rude.

My friend is good friends with Cary Elwes and he got a part in the movie Glory.

He's met so many people in the entertainment industry, he's been everywhere from the Playboy Mansion to the Cannes Film Festival.

All those actors are just regular people, they never usually are anything like their characters.

I think alot of people that become actors/actresses do it because they can be someone other than themselves, and they like that.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Woody Allen movies......i'm ONE of those ....haha I like the dry witty humor... [Big Grin]

you know who I strangely can't stand Julia Roberts.....I love alot of her 80's movies (Mystic Pizza, Satisifaction) but I swear she's the same character in every movie with the same smile and same laugh.......I think she's a bit overrated the only movie she branched out in was that weird Mary Reily I think and didn;t it flopppppppppp!? hehe

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woody Allen is great - you just have to get the point of everything he does.

Non-favored status for me goes to TOM CRUISE, closely followed by JOHN TRAVOLTA.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Woody Allen (and his movies)! Alan Alda is another hyperactive actor in the style of Woody Allen that I like.

As for actors I simply can’t stand, no matter what movie they're in, I’ll pick Tom Cruise and Glenn Close.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Cruise sure turned into a "nut job" with all that Scientology. He brainwashed his poor wife as well and I feel sorry for their kid. As far as his movies, I like most of them. He is a talented actor, but it does seem like the same character in almost all his movies.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

He said Kevin Spacey and Teri Hatcher are really rude.

That's too bad about Kevin Spacey. He's one of my favourite actors. I think he plays an excellent bad guy but he was also very very good in American Beauty. Hopefully if I were to ever meet him I'd catch him on a good day.

This one person who posts on another message board said that John Cusack is pretty rude too IRL. Think she met him on a chance meeting on a couple occasions. I think it was like at a park or something in NYC.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that about John Cusack too, which is too bad.

I have never watched 1 Woody Allen movie in my life time, so I could never say for sure if I liked his movies...there was never anything about any of them that had any appeal to me to ever attempt to watch one. He as a person, does nothing for me, he just seems so weird.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Andy D.i.c.k or Rosie O'Donnell. Both idiots! [Cool]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
I can't stand Andy D.i.c.k or Rosie O'Donnell. Both idiots! [Cool]

-
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bandit asked:
quote:
Who do you just hate watching on the big screen/TV?...

I have at least two: Max von Sydow and Ashton Kutcher.

I can understand not liking Ashton Kutcher (I don't like him either), but why Max von Sydow?

Is it because of that old classic "The Seventh Seal"? [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I can't stand Andy or Rosie either....thanks for mentioning them.

I liked Max Von Sydow in Flash Gordon.....I thought he was good as Ming. Outside of that though....I can't remember him being in anything...except didn't he play Jesus in a movie, and wasn't he in Strange Brew? Those 2 movies alone...show his diversity- [Wink] [Big Grin]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don Cheadle--there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way. For the record, I think Ben Stiller is a funny guy...I usually like most of his movies.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Besides Unfaithful (totally because of Diane Lane) Richard Gere is the pits.

I also think that Julia Roberts and Daryl Hannah are the pits.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Don Cheadle--there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Cheadle? Really? I like his stuff...To each his (or her) own. [Wink]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yeah, I think Cheadle is awesome too.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with most of these picks (except for Max Van Sydow, John Cusack, John Travolta and Kevin Spacey)
ASHTON KUTCHER! Wow is he annoying or what?!
And also Sarah Jessica Parker, Jenny McCarthy, Ashlee Simpson, and Amanda Peet.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know who I love that people say is annoying Kathy Griffin! Her show on Bravo my life on the dlist is great......she always says the worst things like asking Olivia Newton John "didn't that leotard give you a yeast infection" in regards to the "physical" video, Olivia cracked up!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I can't stand Kathy Griffin. I never liked David Spade either. I actually don't think Brooke Shields was ever a good actress. I never liked Annette Benning or Warren Beatty. I don't like Halle Berry either.

Sometimes I might like a person in 1 or 2 movies, but then I don't like them in anything else but those few movies.

Like I like Jane Fonda in 9 to 5 and On Golden Pond, but I don't like her in anything else.

The same thing with Meryl Streep...I like her in Kramer Vs. Kramer and The River Wild, but I don't like any other movies she was in.

I like Glenn Close in The Jagged Edge and The Big Chill...but nothing else.

I love Robert Redford, but there have been some movies he has done that I couldn't stand him in...I didn't like him in Up Close and Personal or in Indecent Proposal.

I like Richard Gere more now than I use to...but he is someone that goes either way for me too.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think for some reason that Tom Cruise's marriage is a sham. I really liked him as an actor until he went nutso. Now I change the channel everytime I see his annoying mug on tv. He's good friends with Oprah so that explains alot of it. Richard Gere is also wacko over his religion. Enjoy your religion however you may but don't smear it onto anyone everytime you do an interview or make an appearance.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yeah I can't stand to watch any of Cruise's movies anymore.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll watch a few of tom's movies because i like the movie. i don't care about his religion. his acting up in interviews is definitely uncalled for, but when it comes to a movie, ..you like what you like.

as for cheadle, i think he's an amazing actor.
same goes for kevin spacey. his acting is brilliant.

i guess i never met any hugely famous people. if i ever did, and i was a big fan, only to get snuffed or have a bad experience, i would view them differently. it would be too disappointing.

i too, dislike glenn close. her acting is great at times.. but blech!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I like Don Cheadle, he seems liked he would be a nice person...but I don't know that for sure.

But I actually liked him in the movie "Reign On Me" with Adam Sandler. That was a newer movie that I liked. It was sad, and Adam Sandler looked like Bob Dylan, but I liked his friendship with Don Cheadle. The girl that was the gorgeous one that put the moves on Don Cheadle...her name in real life is Saffron...I thought that was a cool name for a girl...then I found out she's a lesbian and she dated the woman who was in Harry Potter who played Harry's aunt...I just couldn't picture that one at all.

When you do meet an actor/actress they usually are so different from what you thought they would be...and my own expierence is that they do have major ego problems. The one person who I have gotten to know that I think is really nice, and she is so down to earth is Adrienne King from Friday the 13th...she is so sweet, and she and I talk alot, and she seems like someone who really appreciates the life they have.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home