iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Glory Daze .. Cancelled (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Glory Daze .. Cancelled
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes valley! i loved the dads coming around, and was pleasantly surprised to hear booger was going to be on the show. [Big Grin] i just knew who's father he was going to play too...
do you happen to know who the guy was playing the military dad? i know i have seen him in other movies but couldn't remember.

i also loved the use of mad world at the end. i'm telling you, they are rocking my world with the song choices. [Smile]

i really hope this show makes it. i don't know anyone other than here, who watches this show. but seeing as how it's right before conan, i would hope people end up watching?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there a new episode tonight? i can't remember. i'll still set the dvr to record, just in case. [Wink]

hope you guys are still watching!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you see that Gina Gershon is going to be on "Glory Daze" next Tuesday in what appears to be a "Top Gun" tribute type show? They got the wrong Cruise movie for Gershon, but she should make it quite entertaining.

I wish they would have expanded on Teri Polo's character ..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shockingly .. it sounds like Ronnie & Pittsburghgirl are the folks watching "Glory Daze" with me. But Muffy has asked which episode do we recommend for her to watch to give it a chance.

I totally think she should watch the pilot episode because it sets the tone with the incredible tunes, but after that I recommended the episode where their Dads visit.

The last episode with Gina Gershon and the Top Gun tribute was beyond cheesy, but the relationship between Joel and Christie is keeping me involved. Plus, cheesy is fun sometimes.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the Gina Gershon episode yet- still waiting for it on Ondemand. And they never did put up the Pilot, which was so disappointing, seeing as there were so many great references that you guys said, plus the music. I liked the Dads episode the best too.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i have to catch up on the last 2 episodes. i hope to get that done this weekend.

i am surprised that the show kept going with new episodes throughout the holidays. i for sure thought they would skip christmas week, but no... ha!

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that Gina Girshon/Top Gun episode was definitely over-the-top! But I still enjoyed it. It brought back more memories- my boyfriend's frat ran out of places in town to have our formals, so for the 25th anniversary formal, we had to have it at a place an hour away.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Did either of you notice that the last episode was directed by Jerry Levine (Stiles from Teen Wolf)?
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
This week's episode was one of my favs.. thought it had the best 80's style yet. Enjoyed the sorority house raid, Boston in the '86 world series, and the final scene with the Thompson Twins "Hold Me Now" playing.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
For Muffy and Pittsburghgirl who have yet to the see the pilot for "Glory Daze" .. this is a little sneak peek at it:

Glory Daze

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Muffy, don't bother watching the episode titled "Shamrock You Like a Hurricane". It is so stupid, I can't believe I continued to sit and watch it waiting for something to happen other than the stupidity that was going onscreen. I do love the titles of each episode though.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree that "Shamrock You Like a Hurricane" was probably my least fav to this point.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,235225,00.html
Here is a list of all of the music played on Glory Daze.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I finally watched the season finale. I almost spit out my tea laughing when I saw Stankowski's pony tail at the end! Lmao!
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is starting on E4 here on 3rd March [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

It is official- no more Glory Daze
http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/tbs-cancels-glory-daze-after-one-season/ [Frown]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
That is sad, but not totally surprising news. I was really hoping for a second season so that "Glory Daze" could continue to find its groove.. but the rates just weren't there apparently.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pittsburgh.. thanks for posting this info.. it will keep me from searching for it on my DVR.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i knew it... dang it.

i really liked the main guys.. the 4 friends.

well, it was a good attempt.

Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer, man. And I always wanted to catch an episode of this but never had the time (college classes and other general life commitments got in the way). Judging from the previews I saw, Glory Daze did look like a fun '80s flashback show.
Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clarify...was that a total of 10 episodes? Wow...if they combine these episodes with the 14 episodes of That 80's Show...that's a box set waiting to happen!

Haven't seen any Glory Daze episodes yet, but have them at my dispossel...will try to watch them soon.....

Too bad it didn't work out. I alos did like That 80's Show...but have a feeling I'm in the minority here....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys...just catching up...and obviously too late re the cancellation. I've watced episodes 1-6 and can't wait to watch the other four. Very bummed that the series is cancelled....I'm really enjoying it. Do you think advertising had anything to do with it...I had never heard of it, nor have I yet to seen one ad to plug the show???

Ronnie...answering an early question of yours, I believe the sergent Dad was the Dad from "That 80's Show"....another show that flopped after 14 episodes.

Kinda glad I wasn't watching as the new episodes came out...I would be even more disappointed about the cancellation....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't much cared for the first 2 episodes [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I figured as much since Ralph Macchio isn't in it. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home