iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Double Trouble and other stuff (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Double Trouble and other stuff
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, send me half.

If you read the reviews of My Bloody Valentine- that are all over the internet, everyone who saw it (that reviewed it) said it stunk. I just read about 25 reviews on it this afternoon.

So, whomever bet you that nobody would complain about it- was a sucker.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet that certain people would complain about it....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I think we've got another broken record... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Are you refereing to me??

No Jay, I'm referring to one other person's persistance that anything outside of 1989 is horrible. It's been 20 years since then, so nothing is going to be the same.
The first Crank movie is kind of an action D.O.A. It was what it was- quick paced action flick, a somewhat common type of movie in the 80's.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you bet that I'd complain about it- or that someone would complain....because the fact that I even brought myself to go see it...that was rough on me- so I don't know why anyone would bet that I wouldn't complain.

I realized that I have not been to the movies in probably 10 years to see a Horror movie. I honestly can't remember the last Rated R Horror movie I have seen-that is new. I realized that Rated R means it's about as Rauchy as they can get away with.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet that you'd complain cause I know I'd be a shoe in to win. R-movies do stand for raunchy sometimes but keep in mind this is nothing that can be blamed on present day as it's been going on for years........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Let me know when you actually collect any money.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some 80's Rated R flicks:
Valley Girl
Private School
April Fool's Day'
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (it almost got an "X" rating)

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
What??

I know those movies are Rated R....what does that have to do with anything?

I said I have not seen a CURRENT Rated R- HORROR movie in at least 10 years.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I've already collected. Also why continually dodge the question of it being ok for movies to be violent and gory back in the 80s as opposed to current day?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I have never said that I don't like action movies and everyone knows I love the 80s horror movies.....

I am saying there is a HUGE difference in the kind of Violence that is in today's stuff....it is all about shocking people and doing gross creepy weird stuff....and I am not talking just in horror movies- I am saying that most new movies have this really dark plot line, they have a depressing feel to them.

Even the movies like April Fool's Day and Friday the 13th- they had really fun parts to those movies too, and the people seemed like fun people to be around.

If you don't see it....by watching movies on your own...nothing I ever say, is going to get you to understand what I mean.

I have never dodged this question, I have explained it a billion times, you just never get it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Since you collected your money- and it was all my fault you won, you should be alot nicer to me, since your walking around $50 richer on my behalf, I think you should have to take me out to eat or something! [Razz]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I do get it but the exact same qualities you mentioned in movies these days also were used in movies back in the 80s that's the point I am trying to make. Ever heard of Friday the 13th? Nightmare on Elm Street? Phantasm 2? My Bloody Valentine? Sleepaway Camp? True those people were fun to be around and the people in movies these days are fun to be around. I am nice to you and nice to everyone. I just challenge people's views and watch them get backed into a corner sometimes. I've already deposited the $50 in the bank so I guess dinner is out of the question darn it!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Then maybe I should take the poor person out to eat who lost the $50.... [Roll Eyes]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

How about the Hellraiser movies? Certainly not feel good movies.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Looks in the mirror*

Candyman
Candyman
Candyman

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Don't you people read....I LOVE 80s Horror movies- I know they made violent movies and horror movies in the 80s- why do you constantly point that out...half the movies I have brought up on the 80s movies topic are 80s horror movies.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think they are talking about how you hate the violence in movies from today, that you either won't watch or have watched and thought they were too violent... but you seem to not mind the violence/blood/gore/raunchiness of the 80s movies. so they're questioning that.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Because it is DIFFERENT...it's not that I don't like horror or violence in movies- ever...it is the way that it is done now, in everything...right down to Walt Disney movies-they are all dark and not just violent...they are twisted and deranged, and everyone is a disfunctional mess, and nobody has regular normal people in the movies- they are all weird.

I could relate to the people in the movies in the 80s....they were like people you'd be friends with...now they are freaky weird people that look like they escaped from prison.

That Jason Statham- from that Crank movie-he's a creepy looking guy- I can't keep trying to explain this stuff....those kind of movies are everywhere now, I just listed the names of all the current movies that are out now....and they are all dark and horror related.

I am NEVER saying that the 80s didn't have horror and violence...I am saying that along with that...there were good family movies, there were good teen movies, there were movies you could take your grandparents to see.

What bothers me...is if my Grandparents were still alive- what would they go to see at the movies right now, that wouldn't totally gross them out , and offend them , and they would actually enjoy watching a movie.

Yeah...they would have been embarrassed by alot of the 80s stuff....

but, they still were making good movies back then that even your grandparents would have liked.

I can't see for 1 second my Grandmother liking Crank 2.

I am saying that there's NO variety in today's stuff....that's what I have said all along...today's movies all fit a mold.

I hear people saying that a movie has to be packed with all that action and junk or they lose interest...alot of people can't stand movies that aren't all violence.

You don't see movies like....

Ordinary People, Chariots of Fire, On Golden Pond, Kramer Vs. Kramer, The Outlaw Josey Whales, Arthur, E.T., The Elephant Man, Sweet Dreams, Coal Miner's Daughter, 9 to 5 , Splash, La Bamba, The Idolmaker, Savannah Smiles, Sophie's Choice,The Electic Horseman, Brubaker, Escape from Alcatraz, The Watcher in the Woods, and Tootsie.

Everything is about CGI stuff, and stupidity- comedy to me now is as BAD as horror movies are.

My mom just tried to watch ..Of Lions and Lambs-

she said she watched it, and had no clue what the movie was even about.

I watched Rendition-it was stupid.

They can't get a movie right anymore.

The actors of today don't have the same kind of personality that they use to have.
They are too egotistical...they don't have the personality like someone like Bill Murray in Meatballs or Caddyshack- they aren't cool like that.

There's NOBODY that's in the entertainment industry today, that I say..wow, they are cool, I bet they would be a blast to hang out with. I think gosh I know their who life story and they look like a jerk.

I loved how goofy Tom Hanks was in Bachelor Party and when he was on Bosom Buddies. I don't see anyone like that today.

Look at the guys in The Outsiders...who could they ever cast in that movie today?

They'd make that movie a huge violent mess...not that it wasn't violent...but they would emphasis the violence and guns and make it over the top...and they would destroy the story of the movie and you'd never feel the bond between the characters, as if they really were friends...it never comes across like that in movies today.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

My Grandmother would have liked Crank ;I haven't seen Crank 2 yet. And Jason Statham is hot- he also used to be a model. I enjoy his movies. They aren't supposed to be mentally stimulating.
Sounds like Another Broken Record.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
What exactly are they suppose to be then?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home