iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Warp Speed won't be fast enough! We need... Ludicrous Speed!"
"Prepare for Ludicrous Speed! Ready on the right?"
"Ready on the right!"
"Ready on the left?"
"Ready on the left!"
"Pray to God!"
"Praying to God!"

| Site Updates: IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Check out the funbags on that hosehound'

'I'd like to eat her liver with some fava beans and a bottle of Chianti'....

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'We got no food, no jobs... our PET'S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Reg: 'If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans'
Brian: I do!
Reg: Oh yeah, how much?
Brian: A lot..
Reg: Right your in..

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today at work, "All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix started playing on the radio. I love this song big-time, so naturally, I started singing. My boss says to me, "You can't hear Jimmy." Of course I say, "Hey man....I can hear Jimmy!" [Big Grin]

From White Men Can't Jump....love that flick.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Love that bit!! Especially when Wesley Snipes realises that Jimi's band are all white!! [Big Grin]
EleanorJune
unregistered

"And if I were half as ugly as you, Sergeant Major, I'd be a poster boy for a profilactic." - Highway from Heartbreak Ridge
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I love: 'My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and ****ed more blood and stomped more *** that all of you numbnuts put together. Now Major Powers has put me in charge of this reconisence platoon.'

EleanorJune
unregistered

Dang you beat me to it! I love that line too!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Hee hee...
EleanorJune
unregistered

Bill: Soup's on!
Edward: I thought this was shish kabob. -Edward Scissorhands

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Saddest line ever:

'Hold me'

'I can't'...

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
"And if I were half as ugly as you, Sergeant Major, I'd be a poster boy for a profilactic." - Highway from Heartbreak Ridge

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:

I love: 'My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and ****ed more blood and stomped more *** that all of you numbnuts put together. Now Major Powers has put me in charge of this reconisence platoon.'

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

You're Marines now. You adapt. You overcome. You improvise. Let's move...

Here's my favorite:

I been pumping p_ssy since Christ was a corporal. I can tell you, the best damned poontang I ever paid for was in Da Nang. The girls were checked out daily. And we got ourself laid in a safe, orderly, proficient, military manner. That is until some suckhead writes home mama and says he dipped his wick in the Republic of South Vietnam. Then the sh1t hits the fan. A committee of congressmen who @sshole to @sshole who couldn't make a beer fart in a whirlwind, start telling your basic-@ss-in-the-grass, Marine " No more shore time ". We responded in true Marine Corps fashion. We salute, do an about face, double time back to the boom-boom garbage dump where we get the clap, and the drip, and the crabs and a generally poor attitude towards the female of the species. War is hell, boy. That's a fact!

Gotta love Gunny Highway... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Here's my favorite:

I been pumping p_ssy since Christ was a corporal. I can tell you, the best damned poontang I ever paid for was in Da Nang. The girls were checked out daily. And we got ourself laid in a safe, orderly, proficient, military manner. That is until some suckhead writes home mama and says he dipped his wick in the Republic of South Vietnam. Then the sh1t hits the fan. A committee of congressmen who @sshole to @sshole who couldn't make a beer fart in a whirlwind, start telling your basic-@ss-in-the-grass, Marine " No more shore time ". We responded in true Marine Corps fashion. We salute, do an about face, double time back to the boom-boom garbage dump where we get the clap, and the drip, and the crabs and a generally poor attitude towards the female of the species. War is hell, boy. That's a fact!

Gotta love Gunny Highway... [Smile]

Thanks Jdoc....that was nice to read while eating my dinner. [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used two quotes from Batman today, never can get enough Jack Nicholson as Joker BTW.

"This town nees an enema."

"Never mess with another man's rhubarb."

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread needs bumping, so anyway....

I had one of those 'sudden flashes of clarity' moments this morning, whlist talking to my kids. I realised that a phrease I use almost every day (in some variation) is lifted straight from Some Kind Of Wonderful. It's from where Watts is ragging on Keith (in the garage, I think) about Amanda, and she starts talking out loud to herself:

"How many times do I have to tell you that? I don't know - how many times...?"

And I do that all the time......

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Alan, would you light my bunson burner."? -the Joy of Sex (1984)
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornin1974
Rewind Curious
Member # 7597

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bornin1974   Author's Homepage   Email bornin1974   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner." -- Dirty Dancing

"Demented and sad, but social." -- Breakfast Club

"Hello? McFly?" -- Back to the Future

Posts: 8 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bornin1974:

"Demented and sad, but social." -- Breakfast Club

i love quotes from breakfast club:

"if i lose my temper you're totaled."
"totally??"

"screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."

"where's your lunch?"
"you're wearing it."

"face it. you're a neo maxi zoom dweebie."

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it....

"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?" [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, good one, jdoc. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz]

[ 05. March 2009, 15:56: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home