iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Motto's and quotes from 80's movies you use in life
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Sorta on the subject I told someone the other day that I believe "bluetooths" are now..... what "fannypacks" were in the 80's
make people look like a doofess!! yet they think they're so cool hahaha

Muffy....I couldn't agree with you more. Im sorry, but if you're one of the dorks who walks around with that thing sticking in your ear all day, well, I feel sorry for you. You probably don't realize what a fool you look like and that everyone else around you is laughing their butt off. Please take it out of your head. A guy I work with wears this stupid thing all day and I just want to choke him sometimes. He'll be rambling on and I always say "what", because I think he's talking to me. Enough already....your not cool! [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, what is wrong with people? Take off that thing and talk to a person in the flesh. You shouldn't be wearing one of those things unless you are an air traffic controller.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Oddly, my wife and I quote the Karate Kid 2 often "you are lower than the storm" or "here for your collection".

We also quote Look who's talking "NOW IT'S JUNK!"

I tend to quote everything.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look Whos Talking thats a great one to quote!!

omg weird because a friend and I quoted Look Whos Talking 2 the other day when our friends 3 year old had to use the bathroom......."pee pee in the potty" I got all excited that she used that quote hahaaha so sad I know

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the bluetooth thing/cel phone thing....the other day I was in my drug store and there was someone on line talking with one of those things and I turned around and said "What?" thinking they were talking to me. The person looked at ME like I was nuts! I said to the lady who works the register "Remember when you used to hear people talking and it meant they were crazy and talking to themselves?" and she said "Yeah, I miss those days." It REALLY is a very annoying habit and I think as a society in whole we're RUDE for doing it. Just about every day of my life I turn around and say "What?" thinking the dude on the cel phone is talking to ME!

Now - I wont lie - I have a cel phone but I have a personal rule that I NEVER talk on it when I'm in a store. I either stand outside and finish up the call or I tell the person that I'll call them back. I think it's rude to walk through the market yammering away.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's alot of work to actually hold the phone up to your ear. [Confused] That's how lazy we have become as human beings. I love when I drive into a fast food joint and the line in the drive-thru is a mile long and there's NOBODY in line inside. Too much work to get your lazy a$$ out of the car and have to walk 50 feet. Better for me though....no waiting in line! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... I wear one at work because I need my hands free and I roam all over the floor working on things. It is however, annoying. I have one for personal use for when I'm driving in the car because all 50 states are passing hands free driving laws. I rarely use it to be honest. Most of the time I just talk on the phone. Don't hate the player, hate the game baby! Jeez, I crack myself up. Wait, that's a quote from Top Gun! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those big mechanized fighting machines in Empire Strikes Back, I think they are At-At's, that's the look people are going for when I see the Blue tooth. All they need are mini guns on both sides.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say hello to my little friend Scarface.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess which 80's movie I use:

[By the way, the following part is copied from another message board that I belong to.]

So today, I went there, and had a good time. And it was a great opportunity to see how a team practices.

I was particularly impressed with La'Tangela Atkinson, Amy Sanders, Izabella Piekarska, A'quonesia Franklin, and (I never thought I'd say this) even Kim Smith.

Any other Monarchs fans went to the event? I know Amaha05 did, as well as Lilcrc. Any others? KBailey? SactownDiva? Anyone? Anyone? Mitzukosan? Bueller? Dwalkfan? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? [Big Grin]

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find myself using "That's a big 10-4 Rubber Duck" (Convoy) when I'm talking to people on the phone.

Most just, sadly, don't get it... [Frown]

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem too use "Its all in the reflexes" from Big Trouble in Little China alot.

Also i once spotted an old school friend in the pub so i snuck up behind him n said "Cuz some damn fool accussed you of bein the best"from Predator, and he turned round and shouted "Dillon" it was funny!!!

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hewzy:
I seem too use "Its all in the reflexes" from Big Trouble in Little China alot.

Also i once spotted an old school friend in the pub so i snuck up behind him n said "Cuz some damn fool accussed you of bein the best"from Predator, and he turned round and shouted "Dillon" it was funny!!!

Great quotes!!

One of my favourites and I use it so often is when someone is in bother or has a problem, I use my best Rand Peltzer(Billy's Dad in Gremlins) voice and I say 'You are in Trroubble..'
Just like he says when he is selling the idea of the bathroom buddy to Billy!! It's a little one, but I love it!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There are three rules that I live by:

Never get less than twelve hours sleep;
Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city;
And never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.

Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

22 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."

I said that to the waiter the other night at BW3's and he looked at me like I was stupid....he also was maybe 19...doubt he knew where the quote came from.

| Site Updates: 22 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

22 Updates!

oohhh and whenever I am playing poker...I know it's cheesy but

"I sink I have a frush"- Takashi

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I love that Back to School quote, Rodney Dangerfield. RIP.

At work there's a buddy who is always doing Jack Nicholson with the shades and crazy grin. He does the Wendy......I'm home schtick perferctly. All kinds of the Shining quotes come fast and furious on a daily basis.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eleanor June goes 'all in' with a little "Revenge of the Nerds".
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. "

How about a Fresca?

Ok, that one is tough to do word for word, but that's what I'm here for.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Nerds, jocks. My side, your side. It's all bullsh*t. It's hard enough just trying to be yourself." - Donald Miller

ok, I quote the whole movie, but you get the gist.

EleanorJune
unregistered

22 Updates!

"what is your major malfunction numb nuts?" Full Metal Jacket
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Nice Manners Babe" - Farmer Ted

Ok that was for calling me numb nuts!

EleanorJune
unregistered

22 Updates!

ahahahaha I love it!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a cheery thought for ya....

'The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.'

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Gremlins!

I prefer Phoebe Cates in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" for some reason (ha), but that story is now considered an Urban Legend!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home