iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Look what 80's TV Shows are coming to DVD in 2007!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look what 80's TV Shows are coming to DVD in 2007!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! I am so excited about this!

Dynasty Season 2 (early 2007)
Family Ties 2-22-07
 -
Bosom Buddies-3-13-07
 -
Happy Days Season 2-4-17-07
Laverne & Shirley Season 2-4-17-07
Mork & Mindy Season 2-4-17-07
WKRP in Cincinati-April 2007

And don't forget that these are already out so go get em!
Alice
 -

Gimme A Break
 -

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good, just wish they could include Square Pegs and It's your move.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no Wonder Years, I see.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're actually bringing out WKRP? Let's see how much of the music rights--if any--they were able to clear, that was the biggest issue.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Family Ties' here at last, you know I've never even seen a second of 'Bosom Buddies' and didn't even know it existed until a few years ago. 'Its Your Move' is a must, you'd think they'd release it off the back of Justin Bateman's popularity in 'Arrested Development'
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WKRP!?!?!?! YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! [Big Grin]
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WKRP in Cincinatti was a great show, I used to watch it with my sisters boyfriend, aftr we would watch WKRP we would go out for ice cream and then give each other neck massages.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I can't wait to see Alice, Family Ties, Gimme a Break and Bosom Buddies! What fun!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i definitely have to get ALICE and GIMME A GREAK (gotta see joey as a youngster).

i'm still waiting on THE FACTS OF LIFE season 4!!!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canofporksoda
Rewind Curious
Member # 5465

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for canofporksoda   Email canofporksoda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would be awesome if the wonder years came out. i'd love to watch those again, they dont even put them on reruns anymore! and there was a nightmare on elm st series for a while...did anyone see it? it was on late saturday nights...i'd love to find that again
Posts: 1 | From: nor-cal | Registered: Jan 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also coming to DVD...

Miami Vice: Seasons 3 & 4
Magnum P.I.: Season 6
Moonlighting: Season 5 (the final season)
Beauty and the Beast: Season 1
Kate & Allie: Season 3
Captain N: The Game Master - The Complete Series

I know these aren't as interesting as the ones Cindy posted. [Razz]

Nice to finally see Family Ties coming to DVD... ditto for Laverne & Shirley: Season 2. (Season 1 was released in 2004)

I'm still waiting for DVDs of...

The Hogan Family
It's Your Move
Just the Ten of Us
Mr. Belvedere
My Two Dads
Out of This World
Perfect Strangers
Silver Spoons
Small Wonder
The Wonder Years

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Webster?

I'm hoping the last 2 seasons of Taxi get released eventually; they've stopped after the 3rd one. A formal release of The Real Ghostbusters would also be fulfilling.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AdventuresInGooniesitting:
Also coming to DVD...

Miami Vice: Seasons 3 & 4
Magnum P.I.: Season 6
Moonlighting: Season 5 (the final season)
Beauty and the Beast: Season 1
Kate & Allie: Season 3
Captain N: The Game Master - The Complete Series

I know these aren't as interesting as the ones Cindy posted. [Razz]

Nice to finally see Family Ties coming to DVD... ditto for Laverne & Shirley: Season 2. (Season 1 was released in 2004)

I'm still waiting for DVDs of...

The Hogan Family
It's Your Move
Just the Ten of Us
Mr. Belvedere
My Two Dads
Out of This World
Perfect Strangers
Silver Spoons
Small Wonder
The Wonder Years

Just the Ten of Us and Perfect Strangers would be wonderful!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be a buyer for Small Wonder. I remember watching it in the afternoons on TBS. Does anyone else remember Rocky Road??? I think it starred Lewis Arquette.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
I would be a buyer for Small Wonder. I remember watching it in the afternoons on TBS. Does anyone else remember Rocky Road??? I think it starred Lewis Arquette.

I loved Rocky Road!! I used to watch it and Down to Earth. I wondered if anyone else remembered them.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
small wonder would be nice! the little girl used to scare me though. i wish there was an 80s channel on cable, that only aired old 80s programs, commercials, movies....... ya right huh-wishful thinking lol [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
I also personally hope Father Dowling's on the slate in the near future; that was always heavily underrated and underexposed.
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!
What about this one??
 -

[ 28. January 2007, 06:55: Message edited by: Tobey ]

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Automan???? They'll probably give it away with free samples of Tide. How many episodes are we talking about? 6 - 7?

I did like the show. Break out Manimal while we are at it.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tobey
Master Rewinder
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tobey   Email Tobey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 episodes, plus the pilot (says IMDB).

Anyway, how about
"Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future" then...??
Got to love that one!?
Check out the video on this site...
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/43-captain-power-and-the-soldiers-of-the-future.html

Coming soon on dvd? Probably not, but....

Posts: 173 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are now rumors that Silver Spoons: Season 1 is coming to DVD this Summer, and that some of the cast are supposedly set to participate in bonus materials for the set. Don't get too excited, as this is not official info, but what I've heard sounds promising...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey AdventuresInGooniesitting,

I saw the same thing on the Tv Shows on DVD Message Board yesterday. I was so excited. I guess it's supposed to be released before the summer!! I'm so getting this. I loved the house, the song, all of it...so great!!!

"Here we are, face to face, a couple of Silver Spoons..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home