iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Hall and Oates (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hall and Oates
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love them...I don't think that there's a song they do that I don't like. I saw them last year in concert. I love this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQdu4UOCUZc

I also love...

You Make My Dreams Come True
Did it in a Minute
I can't go for that (No can do)
Method of Modern Love
Say it isn't So
One on One
Adult Education

They were great in concert.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hall & Oates - in a word, "Awesome."
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely one of the best acts of the 80s, that's for sure. Private Eyes is probably my favorite (also the personal favorite of the host of the local radio station's 80s Thursday nights), with Did It in a Minute and You Make My Dreams Come True right behind (Hall's solo Dreamtime's pretty good as well).

Another gem is their guest spot on SCTV, forced to play egg racers in Bobby Bittman's knockoff "Chariots of Eggs," the best segment in a great episode.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I never liked Hall and Oates - there really didn't seem to be anything in any of their songs that appealed to me.

Strange....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on Paul... Say It Isn't So .

Gotta love Hall and Oates!!! [Wink]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so. Dodgy hair (style and facial) and I really never listened to any of their stuff and got any kind of buzz.

Sorry, but I just didn't like them....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite song by them is Sh'es Gone, followed by Sara Smile.

They played near me a few years back and I was thinking about going but didn't. Then THIS year I saw Daryl Hall was playing near me...by himself! What happend? Did thye break up???

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamia those are probably my two favourites as well
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Hall & Oates - in a word, "Awesome."

amen to that.

hall & oates are one of my favorite duos. i love just about everything they've ever done. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve always loved "Out of Touch" from the Big Bam Boom album.
It´s so 80´s but at the same time timeless classic.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway."
Sorry, just singing to myself...Love that song.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooooooooooh...remember how SCANDALOUS that song was when you would sing it in the back of your parents car? "It's a b----, girl ......" Hahaha!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

....... Nope. Still can't get excited over them...
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I remember I used to work in an office that had ONE black guy in it. One day he told me "I don't like 'white music' but, Man, I love HALL AND OATS!" It was like his Big Confession. I think he thought it was stupid that he liked some band from the '70s-'80s but I made him feel better by letting him know I had their Greatest Hits!

Looking back at grade school I dont think I knew anybody who DIDNT like them. Maneater was a huge hit and of course they had a lot of other songs that were popular : Private Eyes, I Cant Go For That, You Make My Dreams Come True etc. etc. etc.
That was the kind of band that when we went to dances everybody was up and shaking it when You make My Dreams Come True came on! Hahaha.

Now you're making me wish I had gone to see them. Maybe next time.

stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are HUGE H & O fans...we make our 13 year old daughter and our 11 year old son listen to it all the time in the car. Our daughter actually likes them...her favorite song is I Can't Go For That (No Can Do). I tease her all the time, saying that I'm going to play it for her at her next birthday party!
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sara Smile" is the best.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by halekido:
"Sara Smile" is the best.

That's a good one. Adult Education rocks.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing how many H&O hits they have from the 70s, 80s, 90s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_and_oats

Good band...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Still struggling to see the appeal......
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
Still struggling to see the appeal......

It could have been worse...
 -

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

[Eek!]
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh come on, paul - you wouldn't drum along to FAMILY MAN? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Not through choice....
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just like Paul said I never liked much of the Hall and Oates either....(notice how we both didn't say "I hate them" we used a polite manner of dislike [Wink] )....I actually thought I heard them play over the radio at work and my coworker was laughingggggg. Which reminded me I know for a fact my sister saw them in concert when she was little..........but she DENIES it still....haha
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

to me, hall & oates's music is so versitile (sp).. their songs have ranged from soul, to rock, pop, even jazz. i think daryl hall has a wonderful, recognizable voice. you know it's him singing!
i love their ballads, their pop songs from the 80s, and their covers of other songs. they've kept up with the times over the last few decades and still performing together.. it's great. i have seen them 3 times in concert and i would see them again and again.
i have a black babydoll daryl hall shirt. and everytime i wear it, people ask "who is THAT?"
usually, if it's someone my age or younger, they have no idea who i am talking about [Big Grin] .

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home