iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your favorite music video of the 80s? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your favorite music video of the 80s?
Robin
Rewind Curious
Member # 6459

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Robin   Email Robin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen "I want to Break Free" AWESOME
Duran Duran "Hungry like the Wolf" brought videos out of the White background era (even tho I love those too)

Posts: 10 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One by Metallica definitely the most powerful music video ever made...bar none!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica rules NOMS.No doubt about that..Haven`t seen that video though.Have to check it out now..
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure to check out the full version and not the "Jammin" version...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's too many videos to count...David Lee Roth's were always big-budget, funny and over-the-top. Peter Gabriels were always pushing the envelope of Video as "Art".

(Personally I think his best is Shock The Monkey as opposed to the cuter ones he did later on in his career).

But many music videos were overlooked...Todd Rundgren's ones from the 70's and 80's were quite good (Time Heals, Feet Dont Fail Me Now), even that one "Calling All Girls" from...hmmm...I forget now, but that was all over MTV on their first day/year of broadcasting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIlglm7EImE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IDEMzGbMv4

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbawundakin
Rewind Curious
Member # 6603

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for timbawundakin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved anything by Madonna in the 80s . Loved her Papa Dont Preach video.......
Posts: 4 | From: leeds | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Parr- Blame it on the radio
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantbuymelove
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6677

7 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cantbuymelove   Email cantbuymelove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dokken-Its not love.
Riding around L.A. on the back of a flatbed playing...classic!

Posts: 14 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOUBLE The Captain Of Her Heart (U.S. Version) ...

Just Joking..it's just too many good ones to have a single fav. [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its great that VH1 Classics exists today, I've seen so many videos on that channel that I had long figured lost to my past.

There are a few I haven't seen in a long time that I am still waiting on, but if I record enough of them to the DVR eventually I'll find the holdouts, mostly older or more obscure stuff. Some, of course, were not shown on MTV but only on shows like Night Flight or other music video programs of the day.

examples:
Todd Rundgren and Utopia: Feet Don't Fail Me Now, or Pat Benetar's "ANXIETY".....saw it once and never again.

Seeing videos like Bowie's "Look Back in Anger" or Planet P Project's "Why Me" **REALLY** took me back the first time I saw them. Its like your brain suddenly fires off synapses it hasn't touched in 20 years.."hey..hey I *know* this video!".

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chantelle Pride
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6682

- posted      Profile for Chantelle Pride   Email Chantelle Pride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would have to be "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds, 'cos the backdrop is dark, and Jim Kean is a gr8 singer.
Posts: 17 | From: west notts college | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home