iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What's your favorite U2 song? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your favorite U2 song?
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's how I rank 'em:

1. All I Want Is You
2. With Or Without You
3. Bad
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Pride (In the Name of Love)

Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's Mine:

1. Sunday, Bloody Sunday
2. Desire
3. Where The Streets Have No Name
4. Beautiful Day

Although I have always been an avid U2 fan, I was a little disappointed in "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb."

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MotleyRulz I agree those instructions were not very good. Run! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like many here I loved 80's U2, but was left feeling slightly cold with most (but not all) of their 90's stuff. Anyhow...

Bullet The Blue Sky
In God's Country
All I Want Is You
Angel Of Harlem
Hawkmoon 269
Silver & Gold
Heartland
God Part 2
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Discotheque
The Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day

Rattle & Hum especially was the DON, easily among my personal top 10 albums of all-time [Cool]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TweedeR
Rewind Curious
Member # 3715

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TweedeR   Email TweedeR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fav U2 song has to be

Until the end of the world

I can't believe no one mentioned this one.
Can't wait for the world tour, they are amazing
live

TweedeR [Razz]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Early U2: Sunday Bloody Sunday
Later U2: Beautiful Day or Numb
Today U2: Vertigo

Anyway, the main reason I am posting is because I am trying to see U2 in Denver. Just to give you an example of what I am up against, there are a few sellers out there that are looking to get a few dollars out of their investment, and I respect that. However, I ran across an ad from a guy in GA that has 2 GA (Gen. admission) tixs for the low low price of $1200!!!!! This is his 'Buy It Now' price! And people wonder why ticket prices have gone threw the roof. I dont blame U2 or any band for that matter, but ebay is the one that I am pointing fingers at for the gouge in the prices. Maybe I am niave, but I still think that a band goes on tour so people can hear their music live for a reasonable price. I understand supply vs. demand, but this is outragous! The bands HAVE upped the cost for their concerts a bit for expenses, abd I dont mind paying a few extra dollars ti see them in their 'new' show. The old fashioned way for them to make the 'gravy-money' was off the sale of t-shirts. I hate the thought of spending a minimum of $100 to see a band before buying a $30 shirt that wont fit after the first time I wash it. Sorry for the rant, but I am sure that I am not alone in this.

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maurer97
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for maurer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is when the song ends and something else from a different band starts to play. Not a U2 fan at all, never understood how they stayed around this long.
Posts: 82 | From: jail | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all the replies fellers.
glad to see that most of us like, and have always liked, U2.
I am listening to Gloria as we speak.
this band is just superb and has made some great ones within the last 20 years.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmer Ted
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2663

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Farmer Ted   Email Farmer Ted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Posts: 59 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zooropa from zooropa!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home